LIVE: Celebrity Beyond January 19, 2024 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean

bnurick

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Would like to know about Decoy since I do enjoy that particular wine.

Just got off Silhouette last week.  Decoy was an upcharge from the premium package.

J

45 minutes ago, ILCruiser said:

Just got off Silhouette last week.  Decoy was an upcharge from the premium package.

J

That’s not good. 😩

Nickel and Dime is the theme. 🙄

Cheers! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

How long will Captain Kate be on the Beyond till she signs off for vacation?

Usually it's three months, she just got back on board yesterday (Friday) 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

I have HEARD so not positive that you can order a Filet any night in the Luminae. 

They often have Filet's available but can always request one the day before and they can arrange.

They do have 4 Ounce Filet's on the Children's Menu available and will give you more than one if you desire.  

• Like 1

Some Housekeeping:

Here are certain paperwork received in our Cabin.

🔸Captains Club Elite Plus Flyer of Events
🔸The Retreat Events Listings
🔸Spa Specials
🔸Behind The Scenes Ship Tour
🔸Jewelry Tracker
🔸Laundry Specials
🔸Wine Events Card
🔸Welcome Wine Card (a first for us and we like this as we can take it home)

There are more, but these are the highlights IMO.

Cheers! 🥂 

IMG_9682.jpeg

IMG_9683.jpeg

IMG_9684.jpeg

IMG_9685.jpeg

IMG_9686.jpeg

IMG_9687.jpeg

IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

IMG_9667.jpeg

IMG_9668.jpeg

IMG_9690.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jonyboy said:

Planning to do this trip also, curious to see how much you all like it

We essentially do this itinerary every January. Usually we try and find a Dominica port stop, but not this year, unfortunately. Kinda have all these ports down and do many private excursions with a couple repeats we like through X. As I post on each port stop you will see a few grilled lobster themed days. Cheers.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

thanks for all the info.  Looks like some nice things to do   

Do you know what WONDER AT EDEN IS?  A new show or event?  

Appreciate that. Unfortunately, I have not heard of that offering. Cheers. 

6 hours ago, ILCruiser said:

J

Have read on another platform they are charging $2 for it. 👎

3 minutes ago, bnurick said:

We essentially do this itinerary every January. Usually we try and find a Dominica port stop, but not this year, unfortunately. Kinda have all these ports down and do many private excursions with a couple repeats we like through X. As I post on each port stop you will see a few grilled lobster themed days. Cheers.

Lobster days sounds great.  We did a similar cruise on Edge and looking forward to Beyond

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:29 AM, bnurick said:

Good morning. It’s boarding day and we expect to leave at 1045am. First stop will be Luminae (burger) for lunch with friends we met on a Bermuda cruise in June 2022.

In reviewing the App to finalize a dining lineup, Luminae’s menu is terrible. I foresee a heart to heart on this sailing. Bottom line, for $1,500 a day, the everyday menu should have a filet mignon. I expect us to dine 3 or 4 nights out of 10 there.

Yesterday we did visit a fine wine store to grab two bottles we really like. I did see the Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon for $21.99. We will see if it’s available on the Premium Beverage Package.

More to come…

IMG_9638.jpeg

Just off Beyond January 19. Sommelier told me she’d need to charge an up charge for a glass of Decoy on my premium package. I think it was $2.80.

Just when you think something couldn’t ever be worse, I can say on my 9th cruise in The Retreat tonight was the worst Lumine experience we’ve ever had. Literally walked out and told the check-in desk to charge our cabin for the Veuve Clicquot, we were leaving.

Lumine Night #2

🔸Bread Service: D

Received on my 3rd request.

🔸Beverage Service: C-
Received first order, Zucappa and champagne. Wine never arrived by the time entrees were served.

🔸Food Service: B
After getting up and asking someone to be our server, ours eventually arrived and I felt tried. We didn’t bother sticking around for dessert.

🔸Overall: C-

Cheers from the Beyond Theatre to see Captain Kate et al. 🥂 
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Just when you think something couldn’t ever be worse, I can say on my 9th cruise in The Retreat tonight was the worst Lumine experience we’ve ever had. Literally walked out and told the check-in desk to charge our cabin for the Veuve Clicquot, we were leaving.

Lumine Night #2

Received first order, Zucappa and champagne. Wine never arrived by the time entrees were served.

After getting up and asking someone to be our server, ours eventually arrived and I felt tried. We didn’t bother sticking around for dessert.

Based on your comments I’m glad I went to the Buffet which was excellent.  I’m finding out more and more we’re a buffet couple, love the variety!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Lumine Night #2

Huge bummer.  I'm sure you'll follow-up, but would let HD Christophe know and use the QR code form.  I'm presuming the maitre'd was MIA, which doesn't make sense. 

In other news, @kwokpot reported on Ascent that Eden Cafe is now open on port days.  Is that the case on Beyond, too? 

38 minutes ago, smeck said:

Based on your comments I’m glad I went to the Buffet which was excellent.  I’m finding out more and more we’re a buffet couple, love the variety!

We did OVC pizza for lunch (loved it) and would have given anything for a few slices and a Chianti tonight. BTW, I did order a Chianti in Luminae, never arrived…

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Huge bummer.  I'm sure you'll follow-up, but would let HD Christophe know and use the QR code form.  I'm presuming the maitre'd was MIA, which doesn't make sense. 

In other news, @kwokpot reported on Ascent that Eden Cafe is now open on port days.  Is that the case on Beyond, too? 

Our Head Butler is incredible and we spoke and I think there will be a meeting tomorrow regarding delivery of expectations. As of now, it might be 5-7 days before we return though, on lobster night.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bnurick said:

Lumine Night #2

We had awful bread service as well. No bread basket on tables. One bread lady for all.. She doled out rolls one at a time and would disappear. One evening there was NO bread.  We were told it was arriving late..never did!

We ate there a few nights but went off to Raw on 5  and BLU which had full bread baskets, great food and service overall.

guess  L...has not improved!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We board April 12, so hopefully we see her!

We sailed a few years ago with Capt Kate, she was lovely. Our cruise on Beyond isn't until the 27th April....So it looks like we will just miss her.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us, I have my note pad at hand to jot down any advice.

Wow!  I can't wait to try Eden.  I made some notes on all of your wonderful selections.  If you happen to run into Bug Naked while you are on board, please give the "Maneuvering Support Mammal" a scratch on the head for me.  Thank you for reporting from Beyond.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1

Good morning from Cafe al Bacio ️!

The rest of evening, once exiting our Luminae experience, was great. The theatre show Stage Door was the best Celebrity show we’ve seen to date. Excellent singing and it was overflow on seating.

We were also lucky 🍀 enough to get a selfie and picture with our super awesome Head Butler AG and Captain Kate.

After the show we hit the craps 🎲 table for a quick score buying the 4/10, $25 for $1 Vig or 4%. +$25 thus far.

On the very pleasant service side, Mariana at Cafe al Bacio is the nicest server. Please consider some cash tips if you are lucky 🍀 enough to have her serve you. My coffee in the picture is a 4 shot cafe americano and perfect.

Cheers!

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9704.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1