LIVE: Celebrity Beyond January 19, 2024 10 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean

bnurick

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from bnurick! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Live Cruise Reports page.. . When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

bnurick was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

This will be our 10th Celebrity cruise, 9 in The Retreat and 1 in Concierge Class.

We flew ✈️ into MIA yesterday and are staying at the Conrad 🏨 in Fort Lauderdale. We really like this hotel and ability to walk around for exercise.

Tonight we are at our favorite restaurant 🍽️ company Il Mulino, Sunny Isles location. Here is a video of dessert, oranges and berries with Grand Marnier.

Instagram shows Captain Kate will be boarding tomorrow too. 😊 

Cheers! 🥂 

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 11

Good morning. It’s boarding day and we expect to leave at 1045am. First stop will be Luminae (burger) for lunch with friends we met on a Bermuda cruise in June 2022.

In reviewing the App to finalize a dining lineup, Luminae’s menu is terrible. I foresee a heart to heart on this sailing. Bottom line, for $1,500 a day, the everyday menu should have a filet mignon. I expect us to dine 3 or 4 nights out of 10 there.

Yesterday we did visit a fine wine store to grab two bottles we really like. I did see the Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon for $21.99. We will see if it’s available on the Premium Beverage Package.

More to come…

IMG_9638.jpeg

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 2

Happy to be following along. We're on our first Celebrity cruise on Beyond in July. Also a wine drinker so I'm interested to see what's on the premium package as well. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

Following, I’m doing this itinerary in March, other than St Kitts all new ports for me. I’ve been on Beyond before, so not new ship to me. I have a move-up offer for The Retreat from a sunset veranda, still unsure if it’s worth it.  Have a great cruise, and I’m excited to follow along. 🥂

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Following, I’m doing this itinerary in March, other than St Kitts all new ports for me. I’ve been on Beyond before, so not new ship to me. I have a move-up offer for The Retreat from a sunset veranda, still unsure if it’s worth it.  Have a great cruise, and I’m excited to follow along. 🥂

Sunset Veranda on Beyond  will be awesome!  we enjoyed it on EDGE along with the 4 mdrs are excellent..

We disliked Luminae ..it was very dark, close together tables, slow  service (esp bread) and the menu and  food were underwhelming!  We finally headed out elsewhere..incl BLU!

World Class Bar was a fav spot!

Following this thread!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

I have HEARD so not positive that you can order a Filet any night in the Luminae. 

The Filet was available every night upon request on Beyond during our TA of October 2023.

Happy 5 o’clock. For those that have followed me on prior sailings I tend to be fairly direct on reviews. Here are my observations so far.

Boarding: 1130am was seamless. 20-30 minutes until our feet touched the ship.

Luminae: Very busy and much loader than our last cruise on the Eclipse, obviously. The burger was a B+ for me. Service was an A.

Head Butler: We have a repeat from a prior sailing. After some good to see you hugs everything has been perfect. Plenty of Evian waters, haircut appointment made, daily ice delivery arranged, offered Cafe al Bacio in the morning if we want. Our friends have a different Head Butler and I received a video of them being delivered drinks at the spa. So Head Butler(s) get an A+.

Martini Bar: Lychee Martini gets an A+. The solo singer was a great change from overly loud DJ music.

Future Cruise Desk: Book a B2B Alaska sailing. Also changed a sailing and was able to move from a non-refundable to a refundable booking after the $200 change fee. We received a bottle of Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon for booking on day one.

Laundry: We are Elite+ so a total of 4 bags. Bag #1 goes tonight with travel clothes and what we burned through in FLL.

Shower: Holy $*&# way too many knobs and sliding handle. We almost had to call engineering to figure out how to turn off the water. Flood avoided.

Captain: Happy to have a rockstar again. We had Captain Kate on a 2021 Edge sailing. She gets an A+ regardless.

Supper tonight is at Eden. A wonderful start.

More to come…

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 9

Following along, and we have the March 22 sailing booked (and repriced after a surprising dip for a day in pricing or the SS over the summer).  But, like most of the regulars here am concerned / apprehensive given everything.   Looking forward to your report, and appreciate your time.  Regardless, I hope you enjoy the time with family and friends ahead of writing on here.    

• Thanks 1

I’m on the same sailing as you I would agree  about the menus. Besides that minor complaint I have to give the cruise so far an A+. Our cabin is all the way forward on deck ten just short of the bridge.  Already I've had a few interactions with Capt. Kate via sign language from our balcony to  the bridge. 

• Like 2

Aloha. Totally enjoying your review and pictures especially I enjoy the food lol.  We have been blessed to sail Celebrity since its inception with the Meridien in the 1990s.  The Conrad was an excellent choice. Many posts talk about an inexpensive pre cruise hotel but in my opinion a more upscale lodging is just as important as the cruise itself. Enjoy!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Totally enjoying your review and pictures especially I enjoy the food lol.  We have been blessed to sail Celebrity since its inception with the Meridien in the 1990s.  The Conrad was an excellent choice. Many posts talk about an inexpensive pre cruise hotel but in my opinion a more upscale lodging is just as important as the cruise itself. Enjoy!

Thank you. A solid pre-cruise experience is a must. We use our accumulated Hilton points it seems each year. With status we get $50 a day in food/beverage credit and purchase a few large waters for upcoming excursions like hiking the Pitons. This is the first time I purchased our two bottles of wine in FLL to avoid transporting them. I have our Eden review coming, trying to see if the pictures sync between the phone and tablet. Cheers! 🥂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I decided to make a 700am run to Cafe al Bacio. When I got there our head butler was there asking why we didn’t call. He got our order together and brought it back to our cabin. I feel like butler service is migrating back to what it once was. Head Butler = A+. Great start to the day…

Edited by bnurick
  • Like 3

Night #1 - Eden

Was seated by Wilmer, very nice. Our server is Jesse and would request him again.

🔸2016 Goldeneye Pinot Noir A+
(when you receive Riedel pinot noir glasses they know their vino)
🔸Amuse Busch Shrimp A
🔸Parker roll with decorative butter A+
🔸Crab Cake A-
🔸Bazaar Bowl A-
🔸Grouper A
🔸Filet with Beef Wellington A
🔸Creme Brûlée (extra charred as burnt sugar is really good) A+
🔸Meyer Lemon Tart A+
🔸Dessert Assortment 
🔹Overall A

Very good meal. Booked night #1 and #10 (trip bookends).

Cheers from the Beyond! 🥂 

IMG_9658.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

IMG_9662.jpeg

IMG_9663.jpeg

IMG_9664.jpeg

IMG_9665.jpeg

IMG_9666.jpeg

IMG_9670.jpeg

IMG_9671.jpeg

IMG_9672.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Jumping on board for this live! We will be boarding Beyond on February 19th for a B2B. Starting with the 11 day then move to the 10 day sail. Starting with Ascent prior!! 

Sailed Beyond two years ago with Kate and glad to hear she is back on for our coming cruise. Friends from England joining us and have not sailed with Kate.

Would like to know about Decoy since I do enjoy that particular wine.

Would you also post chic nights please.

Cheers!  

1 minute ago, countess5 said:

Jumping on board for this live! We will be boarding Beyond on February 19th for a B2B. Starting with the 11 day then move to the 10 day sail. Starting with Ascent prior!! 

Sailed Beyond two years ago with Kate and glad to hear she is back on for our coming cruise. Friends from England joining us and have not sailed with Kate.

Would like to know about Decoy since I do enjoy that particular wine.

Would you also post chic nights please.

Cheers!  

Happy to ask in a few days when we do Luminae (menus are not magical to us, probably Blu tonight). Not a big Chic night person, so please tell me what you look for. Tonight is the first and we will go to the show to hear from Captain Kate. Cheers.

1 minute ago, bnurick said:

Happy to ask in a few days when we do Luminae (menus are not magical to us, probably Blu tonight). Not a big Chic night person, so please tell me what you look for. Tonight is the first and we will go to the show to hear from Captain Kate. Cheers.

Jut looking for the days they hold chic night.

Thanks

Cheers! 

12 minutes ago, countess5 said:

Jut looking for the days they hold chic night.

Thanks

Cheers! 

Gotcha. Day 2 (tonight) and Day 9 (lobster night). It is on the app if you want to see everything on this current sailing. Cheers.

1 hour ago, LouChamp said:

@LouChamp  I agree, pre cruise hotel choice is very important to me. Shocked at how many people will stay at less than great choices for hotels and spend big bucks for their cruise. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1