Fighting Princess for my "complementary" 360 Dining Experience :O( Opinions Please !

Shippy

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

@azbirdmomThinking of booking the 360 Experience for me, my son and his finance.  But if you don't mind, could you please tell me why he was underwhelmed while you enjoyed it?  Just curious as my son's finance and I are very interested but my son not so much.  Thank you.

Part of it was that he was really hungry and we had to wait longer than he expected for the food.  We were a last minute addition to 360 and were asked while we were enjoying happy hour in the Suite Concierge lounge on the last night of the cruise.  Neither one of us touched the course with octopus but others were saying it was good including "Cruise Director Julie McCoy" from the Love Boat who said it was very tender (this was on the Love Boat themed cruise on the Discovery and the 360 trial had just started).  And when the steak course came to put it in his words it was so rare that if you put it near the cow it would heal back to it.  He likes his steaks medium well, I'm more medium.  There have been mixed reports about how they cook the steaks and some have said they are more medium, others had it like our's, and a couple of people have said that they could get it cooked to their liking.  So all of that has stuck in his mind and I doubt if he will ever want to go again.

@azbirdmomThanks so much.  This helps a lot.  My son and his fiance like their steaks medium well so that is something to consider.  I like mine medium but can do medium rare.  I am not too enamored with the thought of octopus but after reading other's comments, I would definitely try it.  It just looks so interesting to me.  My son is saying nope it is too expensive but heck, I think we should do it at least once!  I checked on the app and there are still reservations available.  I just found a website with the entire menu on it for his fiance, she is pretty picky but I think she would like most of it.  I'm thinking that seeing the menu she might just want to do it and then we could talk my son into it.  Thanks again.  If I can't talk them into it, then I'm going to do it by myself on a future cruise when I am solo.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 10:12 AM, JGmf said:

Uggh.  Just spent about 20 minutes on a not very pleasant phone call with a dining rep somewhere in the Philippines or wherever.  (Background noise

Like you folks, I'm trying to book my 360 experience prior to getting on board, but hit the $298 credit card charge request on the app, online...and even with the phone rep!!!  She said she couldn't do the booking for me without charging me! 

She recommended that I do it on board....which may have been great advice in the past, but now with this thing open for everyone, I'm likely to lose preferred time slots.

Whatever.  This is rather frustrating and very stupid that (1) there isn't some automatic override with the software making it free when we book it; and (2) there isn't a dedicated phone line for suite customers to handle these things.

I'm going to try the email suggested above and will report back...

This is my first time sailing on Princess and probably my last. I’ve called at least six times regarding the 360 experience (suite guest). I’ve received six different answers. Princess is failing clients. They are also failing the Customer Service representatives by not giving them the correct information. I’m done spending energy on this. My next call is to my credit card company to have the charge reversed. This is a waste of my time, energy, and frankly my happiness. I’ll have my credit card company take care of it and they will. Also, the wording of the experience doesn’t actually say it’s complementary at least not on my travel summaries. My wording says it’s “available“. That wording to me makes it very loose for Princess. In my description, it says it’s a benefit. I personally don’t think Princess knows their head from the hole in the ground. I too have gotten hostile inept Customer Service reps when I’ve called.  

On 1/19/2024 at 2:16 PM, Shippy said:

On Dec.7th, we booked a suite on the Discovery Princess for next month.

We were told that because we had a suite, the 360 dining was a suite perk.

TODAY, I got an email saying to call the number provided to make the reservation for my complementary 360 dining experience.

Spoke to 3 people that seemed confused before one finally said we were NOT eligible.Apparently that perk was discontinued on

Dec. 2nd and anyone booking after that date was not entitled. We were 5 days late.

They apologized for the email but said....too bad !

On the Princess website TODAY it says "360: A Priceless Benefit To Princess Suite Guests".

It is really the principle of the thing. I feel we are entitled to this.

An exhausting fight for hours on the phone today with no resolve.

What do you think ? ?

Yes, it is the principle of the thing! They said it’s a benefit and they’re not honoring it. 

18 hours ago, dansgirlie said:

This is my first time sailing on Princess and probably my last. I’ve called at least six times regarding the 360 experience (suite guest). I’ve received six different answers. Princess is failing clients. They are also failing the Customer Service representatives by not giving them the correct information. I’m done spending energy on this. My next call is to my credit card company to have the charge reversed. This is a waste of my time, energy, and frankly my happiness. I’ll have my credit card company take care of it and they will. Also, the wording of the experience doesn’t actually say it’s complementary at least not on my travel summaries. My wording says it’s “available“. That wording to me makes it very loose for Princess. In my description, it says it’s a benefit. I personally don’t think Princess knows their head from the hole in the ground. I too have gotten hostile inept Customer Service reps when I’ve called.  

18 hours ago, dansgirlie said:

Yes, it is the principle of the thing! They said it’s a benefit and they’re not honoring it. 

I am not sure what you mean?  Are you booked in a suite?  
Did you receive an e mail concerning the booking of the 360 experience?  When is your cruise and when did you book it?

My cruises are in April.  I received an email from Princess.  The email stated that since I booked  my suite prior to December 1, I will receive  the 360 experience.  Further more it says to see the suite concierge when I board to make the reservation for the experience.

Seems clear to me.  
You do not necessarily need to dispute the charge with your CC.  You can just cancel the reservation that you made in error ( in advance) and receive a full refund to your CC.  

I, like dansgirlie, am considering contacting my credit card company.  I received the email concerning the 360 experience clearly stating it was free:

And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

There is no reason Princess should keep my $298  leaving me to sort it out with the concierge on the ship.   As mentioned before, if you don't make your reservation now, there is a good possibility that it will be sold out when you board, or you might not get the time slot you prefer.  As it is, we had to settle on an early slot on a port day.  There weren't too many choices left.

I did send an email to customer relations but have not yet heard back from them. It's been 2 1/2 weeks. I'll give them a bit more time. However, in the past I have heard back  pretty quickly and that was not to ago. I am truly disappointed that Princess could not get their act together over this issue. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I am not sure what you mean?  Are you booked in a suite?  
Did you receive an e mail concerning the booking of the 360 experience?  When is your cruise and when did you book it?

My cruises are in April.  I received an email from Princess.  The email stated that since I booked  my suite prior to December 1, I will receive  the 360 experience.  Further more it says to see the suite concierge when I board to make the reservation for the experience.

Seems clear to me.  
You do not necessarily need to dispute the charge with your CC.  You can just cancel the reservation that you made in error ( in advance) and receive a full refund to your CC.  

Yes! I’m in a suite otherwise it wouldn’t be a big deal. I booked in July paid off Thanksgiving weekend. I have an email. If I weren’t in a suite I would just reserve it and pay for it. my cruise is on March 9. What I mean is I’ve called Princess,  six different times 2 different departments regarding the 360 experience and six times, I’ve gotten a different answer. Nobody at the call center knows what’s up or what’s down. I’m not going cancel, then make my reservation on the ship it’s not going to happen (in my fifth phone call I tried to make a reservation). I’ve tried to make a second reservation a dummy reservation if you will, and it charged my credit card instantly. No option for any other outcome. As has been stated many times here, 360 fills up fast now that it’s open to all cruisers. It’s been suggested here to stand in line at the concierge and they’ll fix it however, I’m not going to stand in line at the concierge, on my long anticipated vacation, with everyone else that has a problem with 360 just to have the concierge give me an OBC. Not a shopper and I would prefer my cash credits only serve the house not the client.  This problem is something that I’m aware of now, my card has been charged and should be fixed before I get on my vacation.
 At this point, it’s the principle of the thing they say one thing however, Princess, in my opinion is not holding up their end of the cruise contract.

I fought NCL for a future cruise credit refund last year purchased on our cruise, changed our mind after the cruise because it was a horrible cruise.  I called many, many times on the 29th day of their 30 day refund deadline, they credited my card back. Cruise lines do not like to give back money therefore we call the credit card company they will do it, not a problem. 

3 hours ago, lolane1 said:

I, like dansgirlie, am considering contacting my credit card company.  I received the email concerning the 360 experience clearly stating it was free:

And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

There is no reason Princess should keep my $298  leaving me to sort it out with the concierge on the ship.   As mentioned before, if you don't make your reservation now, there is a good possibility that it will be sold out when you board, or you might not get the time slot you prefer.  As it is, we had to settle on an early slot on a port day.  There weren't too many choices left.

I did send an email to customer relations but have not yet heard back from them. It's been 2 1/2 weeks. I'll give them a bit more time. However, in the past I have heard back  pretty quickly and that was not to ago. I am truly disappointed that Princess could not get their act together over this issue. 

I replied to someone else, and said virtually, the same thing that you have great minds think alike!  You’ve got to decide what is best for you. For me, I’ve spent far too much time and energy that I cannot get back. This is living in my head. Gave them a time limit if they don’t respond in my time limit, and I will most certainly contact BoA. They will credit it back. Princess or should I say carnival Corp. is so huge,  they wouldn’t even notice a couple of chargebacks. 

Edited by dansgirlie

Just now, dansgirlie said:

You’ve got to decide what is best for you. For me, I’ve spent far too much time and energy that I cannot get back. This is living in my head. Gave them a time limit if they don’t respond in my time limit, and I will most certainly contact BoA. They will credit it back. Princess or should I say carnival Corp. is so huge,  they wouldn’t even notice a couple of chargebacks. 

I am beginning to think this is the best course of action because there is no way I will accept onboard credit.  

• Like 1

As best that I can tell, there is no way (nor has there ever) been a way to make a 360 experience reservation on line without charging the cost to your credit card.  It is the exact same way on the free first night speciality dining reservation.  As far as I know, Princess has never allowed you to book that reservation on line or in advance.  
If you have the Premier package, you can book the two Reservations on line without charging it to your credit card.  I did this. 

This is part of the e mail that I received.

“And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

This epic, seven-course journey transports you to the Mediterranean. 

We can’t give away the menu, but we can give you a sense (or five) of what to expect: 

• Seven courses showcasing the best of Mediterranean cuisine perfectly paired with cocktails and wine
  • Dazzling imagery in a room wrapped with hi-def screens
  • Stunning hi-res sound for a unique sonic element
  • Enticing aromas pumped into the atmosphere 
  • Captivating stories about the food you’re enjoying ? and the people who produced it
  •  
  • Space is limited, so secure your seat at the table with your suite concierge as soon as you're on board. “.

it does not imply nor suggest that I try to book it in line or  call Princess and try to have someone book it now in advance.

IMO Princess will set aside enough room for all of us booked prior to December 1.

I know that people are trying to beat the system and book without paying in advance.  I am not sure it is fair to everyone else.  And I know Princess has not implied that it is allowed.  

I do agree that it would be a better process, but it contradicts what Princess is clearly telling us. 

I have never had an issue booking my first night Speciality Restaurant when I embarked.

I am not sure the number of total suites on each ship, but I cannot image needing  to stand in a long line, so I am stopping in the lounge to see the concierge when I get on board.  

If this thread starts to get me worried, I will just book, pay, and get a refund when I board.  I will not get frustrated that I cannot get Princess to change the process.  The process is going away for all booking after December 1 anyway.

Good luck.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 7:03 AM, azbirdmom said:

What is the date on your Booking Confirmation?  I ask because the 360 verbiage disappeared on my latest one.  Here is the original one we received when we booked it on November 14, 2023:

image.thumb.png.7c442201d47a70ea7daf3c6504be3f96.png

And this is the one we got on December 28, 2023 after adding a package to our booking:

image.thumb.png.491881194d773ec42e506bd5a6c5da17.png

I didn't notice it until now but the 360 language is gone.  Maybe they did eliminate this perk for suite passengers after all?

I booked on Nov 28 and under General Information there is nothing about 360 experience

DON'T call the call center.  The one I called was in the Philippines and they are totally clueless and told me the 360 was cancelled for all suite guests.  I know more about Princess than they do.  I said it was on my cruise invoice as an included perk which is like a contract but all I heard on the other end were crickets.  I went ahead and booked it on the app and got the time I wanted.  I sent an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and received a phone call less than a week later.  The charge was removed and he asked if there were any other concerns.  I asked about the free specialty dining the first night and he said that it had to be booked once on board.  They hold some spaces for suite guests.  Just as a reference point, I booked in October but have not made final payment yet for our August cruise.  The 360 Experience is only offered on 2 ships and there shouldn't be a ton of people who booked suites before Dec. 1st and eligible for this perk so they should be done with this soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

As best that I can tell, there is no way (nor has there ever) been a way to make a 360 experience reservation on line without charging the cost to your credit card.  It is the exact same way on the free first night speciality dining reservation.  As far as I know, Princess has never allowed you to book that reservation on line or in advance.  
If you have the Premier package, you can book the two Reservations on line without charging it to your credit card.  I did this. 

This is part of the e mail that I received.

“And because you booked a suite before December 1, 2023, it won't cost you a thing!

This epic, seven-course journey transports you to the Mediterranean. 

We can’t give away the menu, but we can give you a sense (or five) of what to expect: 

• Seven courses showcasing the best of Mediterranean cuisine perfectly paired with cocktails and wine
  • Dazzling imagery in a room wrapped with hi-def screens
  • Stunning hi-res sound for a unique sonic element
  • Enticing aromas pumped into the atmosphere 
  • Captivating stories about the food you’re enjoying ? and the people who produced it
  •  
  • Space is limited, so secure your seat at the table with your suite concierge as soon as you're on board. “.

it does not imply nor suggest that I try to book it in line or  call Princess and try to have someone book it now in advance.

IMO Princess will set aside enough room for all of us booked prior to December 1.

I know that people are trying to beat the system and book without paying in advance.  I am not sure it is fair to everyone else.  And I know Princess has not implied that it is allowed.  

I do agree that it would be a better process, but it contradicts what Princess is clearly telling us. 

I have never had an issue booking my first night Speciality Restaurant when I embarked.

I am not sure the number of total suites on each ship, but I cannot image needing  to stand in a long line, so I am stopping in the lounge to see the concierge when I get on board.  

If this thread starts to get me worried, I will just book, pay, and get a refund when I board.  I will not get frustrated that I cannot get Princess to change the process.  The process is going away for all booking after December 1 anyway.

Good luck.
   I do not understand about the long line. you can see the concierge anytime.  

We were in the concierge lounge a lot & most of the time the was no one waiting  for him at his desk.

3 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I booked on Nov 28 and under General Information there is nothing about 360 experience

If you are in a full suite on the Discovery or Enchanted you should get 360 for free.  I just created another Travel Summary and this is still shown under Special Services:

image.png.496555292cc793dfb2bbe599c274f729.png

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

If you are in a full suite on the Discovery or Enchanted you should get 360 for free.  I just created another Travel Summary and this is still shown under Special Services:

image.png.496555292cc793dfb2bbe599c274f729.png

Thanks....we have a Penthouse Suite. I don't see anything on the Invoice. How can I create a Travel Summary? I've printed what was posted above by @jagoffee that was part of an email received stating that if you book before Dec 1 the 360 Dining Experience won't cost you a thing. My cruise isn't until Oct 19 '24 but we'll be on Discovery April 24 '24 (in a mini suite) and will see what, if anything, I can find out then. 

13 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks....we have a Penthouse Suite. I don't see anything on the Invoice. How can I create a Travel Summary? I've printed what was posted above by @jagoffee that was part of an email received stating that if you book before Dec 1 the 360 Dining Experience won't cost you a thing. My cruise isn't until Oct 19 '24 but we'll be on Discovery April 24 '24 (in a mini suite) and will see what, if anything, I can find out then. 

Go to the Cruise Personalizer for your October cruise and click on the area I've highlighted in green on the screenshot.  You should be able to launch a Travel Summary from the page that pops up.

image.thumb.png.260d1085562fb96634b2aa48a543c8ad.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Go to the Cruise Personalizer for your October cruise and click on the area I've highlighted in green on the screenshot.  You should be able to launch a Travel Summary from the page that pops up.

image.thumb.png.260d1085562fb96634b2aa48a543c8ad.png

Thank you! We're returning to Princess cruisers and I'm still in a learning process with the website and the App. Travel Summary does show 360 Dining Experience $0 charge. 

Travel  Summary showing 360 dining experience $0 charge.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thank you! We're returning to Princess cruisers and I'm still in a learning process with the website and the App. Travel Summary does show 360 Dining Experience $0 charge. 

Travel  Summary showing 360 dining experience $0 charge.jpg

Keep a copy of that just in case Princess changes the rules!

19 hours ago, jagoffee said:

As best that I can tell, there is no way (nor has there ever) been a way to make a 360 experience reservation on line without charging the cost to your credit card.  It is the exact same way on the free first night specialty dining reservation.  As far as I know, Princess has never allowed you to book that reservation on line or in advance.  

Well said and on the money.

Whether I jumped the gun or not, I did the following:

Suite-freebie first night dining: I used the call center.  Got it booked with no charge.

Freebie 360 reservation: call center was useless; chat was useless; so I used the email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and was very simple straightforward with the request.  I provided my name, booking number, sail date, the persons dining, and a first and second preference for dining dates/times.  Got an answer and my first choice within 2 days.

Insert editorial comment: it shouldn't be this troublesome to do something so simple.  Maybe establish a fleet-wide pre-sailing suite concierge or something....or even better, adjust the software so that we can make these bookings without incurring the initial credit card charge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JGmf said:

Well said and on the money.

Whether I jumped the gun or not, I did the following:

Suite-freebie first night dining: I used the call center.  Got it booked with no charge.

Freebie 360 reservation: call center was useless; chat was useless; so I used the email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and was very simple straightforward with the request.  I provided my name, booking number, sail date, the persons dining, and a first and second preference for dining dates/times.  Got an answer and my first choice within 2 days.

Insert editorial comment: it shouldn't be this troublesome to do something so simple.  Maybe establish a fleet-wide pre-sailing suite concierge or something....or even better, adjust the software so that we can make these bookings without incurring the initial credit card charge.

I believe you did jump the gun on the first night suite dinner. We have never had a problem booking those at the venue soon boarding or on the dine line. We really don’t know what type of food we will want until then. If I have had pasta the night before the odds are that I will choose Crown Grill and not Sabatini’s but I won’t know that until that day. 

Just now, memoak said:

I believe you did jump the gun on the first night suite dinner. We have never had a problem booking those at the venue soon boarding or on the dine line.

@memoak I enjoy your posts and value your insight.  Yeah, I probably jumped the gun, but I wanted to get reservations at Catch; and having never sailed on a ship with that venue, I was concerned about availability.  Live and learn I guess...

I received an email from Princess with a number to call for 360 reservations for suite guests. So if your travel summary shows 360 $0 and you want to go but don’t want to pay in advance, call 1-888-304-8360 and make your reservation. If you made your reservation on the app and paid, your charge will be adjusted once onboard. The Princess rep I spoke to said to go to Guest Services but I’m going to go to the Suite Concierge because I feel I’ll get a better resolution. I’m pretty sure the only option will be refundable OBC, which is fine with me.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, coopco said:

I received an email from Princess with a number to call for 360 reservations for suite guests. So if your travel summary shows 360 $0 and you want to go but don’t want to pay in advance, call 1-888-304-8360 and make your reservation. If you made your reservation on the app and paid, your charge will be adjusted once onboard. The Princess rep I spoke to said to go to Guest Services but I’m going to go to the Suite Concierge because I feel I’ll get a better resolution. I’m pretty sure the only option will be refundable OBC, which is fine with me.

Great information!

When are you sailing? Our cruise is Apr 27 and I have been unable to book a time. The Suite Concierge tells me our date is not in the system yet.

On our last cruise we were called three months prior. 

I fully realize I am a very impatient person.

11 minutes ago, westcoastBC said:

Great information!

When are you sailing? Our cruise is Apr 27 and I have been unable to book a time. The Suite Concierge tells me our date is not in the system yet.

On our last cruise we were called three months prior. 

I fully realize I am a very impatient person.

We are sailing on March 29. You might check the app and once it shows there call. Good luck.