Fighting Princess for my "complementary" 360 Dining Experience :O( Opinions Please !

Shippy

On Dec.7th, we booked a suite on the Discovery Princess for next month.

We were told that because we had a suite, the 360 dining was a suite perk.

TODAY, I got an email saying to call the number provided to make the reservation for my complementary 360 dining experience.

Spoke to 3 people that seemed confused before one finally said we were NOT eligible.Apparently that perk was discontinued on

Dec. 2nd and anyone booking after that date was not entitled. We were 5 days late.

They apologized for the email but said....too bad !

On the Princess website TODAY it says "360: A Priceless Benefit To Princess Suite Guests".

It is really the principle of the thing. I feel we are entitled to this.

An exhausting fight for hours on the phone today with no resolve.

What do you think ? ?

If you feel like you have gotten as far as you can with the Customer Service...

And, if the the web-site continues to say that Suites receive this as a benefit...

I would send a short, but clear and sweet... message to what is called the 'upper echelon'.

Their contacts have been posted here on CC before.

Or, perhaps one of the experts here will chime in.

Good Luck!!!

• Like 2

I think the majority of the employees manning the customer service phones know absolutely nothing. It sounds like you haven’t boarded the ship yet? I would ask customer service onboard, or see if there is a suite concierge that can help you.

• Like 6

Not commenting on your particular situation, but I think we all knew this perk would only be offered for a short term.  Once word got out that 360 dining was well reviewed, Princess was gonna make their money on it.  They just comp'd it to get enough people to try it so that positive word got out.

My PVP told me to make the reservation I wanted (so that it didn’t book up completely).  She said we would probably be billed (we were) and when we board we should get the credit back ( I will talk to the suite concierge  first thing).  Hopefully this works!  BTW: I have a copy of my credit card bill to show on the ship in case there are any questions..

• Like 5

I had an issue with a booking error after 2 attempts to have it rectified I went to Twitter and sent them a message.  
Someone did get back to me requesting my information which I provided as well as screen shots showing what I received along with what I should have been given.

Within a few days it was fixed and I received a new booking summary.  Worth a try.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shippy said:

I feel we are entitled to this.

Just a suggestion but, you might leave that part out of any further communication with Princess.

Or then again, go ahead and try to use that card 🙂 

Cheers

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Just a suggestion but, you might leave that part out of any further communication with Princess.

Or then again, go ahead and try to use that card 🙂 

Cheers

good suggestion.

Just frustrated by this. I know perks come & go all the time. I wasted so much time today on this.

One person 'thanked' me for bringing it to their attention that the website was still showing that as a suite perk in error & they will have that removed.

Another said they are going to send out a retraction to all the people that got the email that said it was complementary. Doesn't anybody proof read things anymore ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shippy said:

good suggestion.

Just frustrated by this. I know perks come & go all the time. I wasted so much time today on this.

One person 'thanked' me for bringing it to their attention that the website was still showing that as a suite perk in error & they will have that removed.

Another said they are going to send out a retraction to all the people that got the email that said it was complementary. Doesn't anybody proof read things anymore ??

Totally understand and this is a good place to vent (we all need it once in a while 😊).

I just wanted to suggest how best to get a resolution 👍.

i hope you can get it taken care of.

Cheers

14 hours ago, Crown Cruiser said:

My PVP told me to make the reservation I wanted (so that it didn’t book up completely).  She said we would probably be billed (we were) and when we board we should get the credit back ( I will talk to the suite concierge  first thing).  Hopefully this works!  BTW: I have a copy of my credit card bill to show on the ship in case there are any questions..

I am doing the same exact thing as you. I have called three times 1st time I was told it was opened to all passengers as of Dec 1, and it was no longer a perk. Second time I was told the same thing you were told and I got a little indignant and told them that princess was not holding up to their end of the bargain that is stated clearly on the website and per my passenger cruise contract. I might be wrong, so I throw out some stuff to make it seem like I was more knowledgeable  than I probably am. He told me the same thing your PVP said. The third time I talked to the dining reservation department, the agent told me I would receive a letter like the OP stated with an invite I have yet to receive my letter. So hopefully the  concierge desk will be able to credit it back as I’ve been told three times by Princess customer service reps.  Crossing fingers this works. 

I cannot spend anymore time on this , especially because everyone says something different.

I just went ahead & booked it on the app.to save the space. This is so limited that I worry it would book up before we board.

I was told there was no charge until your actual reservation time.

I went ahead & printed off my email that says complementary & I also printed off the FULL PAGE ad on the Princess site that says it is a suite perk in case the eliminate that.

I am going to discuss this with the concierge when we get on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dansgirlie said:

Mine is on page 2 

IMG_2030.jpeg

What is the date on your Booking Confirmation?  I ask because the 360 verbiage disappeared on my latest one.  Here is the original one we received when we booked it on November 14, 2023:

image.thumb.png.7c442201d47a70ea7daf3c6504be3f96.png

And this is the one we got on December 28, 2023 after adding a package to our booking:

image.thumb.png.491881194d773ec42e506bd5a6c5da17.png

I didn't notice it until now but the 360 language is gone.  Maybe they did eliminate this perk for suite passengers after all?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

What is the date on your Booking Confirmation?  I ask because the 360 verbiage disappeared on my latest one.  Here is the original one we received when we booked it on November 14, 2023:

image.thumb.png.7c442201d47a70ea7daf3c6504be3f96.png

And this is the one we got on December 28, 2023 after adding a package to our booking:

image.thumb.png.491881194d773ec42e506bd5a6c5da17.png

I didn't notice it until now but the 360 language is gone.  Maybe they did eliminate this perk for suite passengers after all?

This was from my final payment reminder dated November 26. FWW, when I talked to Customer Service a week or so ago, I stated that we booked the cruise prior to the change, and I had paid in full prior to the December 1 change. According to one of the CSR‘s they made it available to all passengers starting December 1.. My belief is they should honor the 360 Exp, to those that purchased their cruise before the change because that was stated on their website and documentation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dansgirlie said:

This was from my final payment reminder dated November 26. FWW, when I talked to Customer Service a week or so ago, I stated that we booked the cruise prior to the change, and I had paid in full prior to the December 1 change. According to one of the CSR‘s they made it available to all passengers starting December 1.. My belief is they should honor the 360 Exp, to those that purchased their cruise before the change because that was stated on their website and documentation. 

It's been available to all passengers for $149 PP for quite a bit longer than December 1st but no surprise that the CSR didn't know that.  I would agree with you that they should honor it if it was listed as a suite perk when you booked your cruise.  We probably won't fight it.  We went during the trial on the Discovery Princess in October 2022 and my DH won't go again.  But I hope the friends we are traveling with will still get to do it.  They are also in a full suite and I think they would enjoy it (I sure did).

26 minutes ago, ljhershey said:

Here's some contact info...

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Secondary Contact
Lorna Warren
Vice President Guest Services
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
lwarren@princesscruises.com

Thank you. I just sent an email to Mr. Steinke

1 hour ago, Shippy said:

I cannot spend anymore time on this , especially because everyone says something different.

I just went ahead & booked it on the app.to save the space. This is so limited that I worry it would book up before we board.

I was told there was no charge until your actual reservation time.

I went ahead & printed off my email that says complementary & I also printed off the FULL PAGE ad on the Princess site that says it is a suite perk in case the eliminate that.

I am going to discuss this with the concierge when we get on board.

@ShippyThe bullet point for 360 no longer appears in the dining section for the suite perks on the website although the footnote saying it was only on certain ships is still there.  I don’t know if they have updated all sections of the website where it may have been mentioned.

IMG_1197.png

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

So I just decided to pull up another Travel Summary from the Personalizer.  360 is still there, here's the excerpt.  Clear as mud isn't it?

image.png.2148259a36f424feac572d63ce6baab7.png

Same on mine.  As it always said $0.00?

2 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Same on mine.  As it always said $0.00?

Hmmm, just checked.  I save a copy of the Travel Summaries to a folder on my laptop every time I make an excursion reservation or other change.  I have two from November and 360 isn't shown.  It first appeared on the December 28, 2023 version and yes it was shown as $0.00.  Very odd that it didn't show earlier.  Unless the part about charging on December 1st is true AND the intent is to honor it for those who booked prior?  If true maybe this is a way to show that we are entitled to this perk?  Maybe a reach but this whole topic is baffling.

• Like 1

We just booked Enchanted for next December. I booked 360 right away and it showed as free (It did not charge my card). This week the reservation disappeared- POOF! Now when I try to rebook I get this error message. SMH. 🤦🏼‍♀️

IMG_4924.png

• Like 1

I am in the same boat as OP.  We booked an S3 suite on the Enchanted October 30th for August 24, 2034 and the 360 perk was clearly posted (it still is).  I tried to book it and the same thing happened to me with a charge noted of $149 pp.  Tried to do a Live Chat twice and, after being told I was the next person for an hour, got frustrated and closed it out.  I called and spoke to someone  in the Philippines (I asked) who knew nothing about any of this.  I was put on hold and she came back and said the perk was discontinued.  I checked the website for suite perks and it is still listed as of today.  I asked how could they retroactively change this and got the "Oh, well."  She wanted me to wait until I was onboard but by then it would be completely booked.  I was surprised that there wasn't an email address listed so I came to old reliable CC and I see that I am not alone.  Glad to see the 2 email addresses and I will contact them on Monday,  Thanks everyone for all of the info.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 2.27.44 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1