Symbol on cruisedeckplans

victory2020

On that site the camera picture means there is a picture of the room if you click on it. On balcony cabins the 3rd and 4th berth lowers from the ceiling and is stored in the ceiling. On most inside and ocean view cabins the 3rd and 4th berths fold down from the walls. The beds are somewhat in the way when not in use. I would look at the deck plans on Princess.com. connecting cabins and those with extra berths can be found by checking the proper boxes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Does anyone know what the symbol between c742 and 738 on sapphire princess? Also, it says the red dot means 3/4 berth. How does that affect moving around the cabin?

20240121_114544.jpg

The symbol between the two rooms means it's an interconnected cabin. There will be a door inside each cabin that opens to the other cabin, like a connecting hotel room. Keep yours closed and locked and you're good. You can stuff a towel at the bottom to help middle any sound - although, personally, haven't noticed any additional noise. Maybe I've had quieter neighbors, who knows..

The third and fourth berth are flush in the ceiling during the day, you don't even really notice them . If they'll be in use, the room steward lowers them in the evening during evening turndown service..

Photo shows what they would look like down, in a regular balcony cabin.. 

PrincessCruisesCaribbeanPrincessBalcony4.jpg.74aa22ea5a3bfcce4904f0308782b11e.jpg

• Like 3

Ok. Totally makes sense that it's a connecting door. Their website had a different symbol for connecting rooms. I did email the site & they confirmed that they would add the description on their site. Thanks everyone  - and for the picture of the extra beds.

I have been in C742 on the Sapphire.  I don't remember it being a connecting cabin so obviously it wasn't an issue.  

The 3rd and 4th beds do drop from the ceiling as mentioned above and aren't noticeable during the day. 

The balcony is the best thing about this cabin.  It is slightly larger and really does have the extra angled area as shown on the deck plans and it's partially covered.  This is probably my favorite balcony out of all of the balcony cabins we have had.  

On 1/21/2024 at 7:49 PM, rnff2 said:

I have been in C742 on the Sapphire.  I don't remember it being a connecting cabin so obviously it wasn't an issue.  

The 3rd and 4th beds do drop from the ceiling as mentioned above and aren't noticeable during the day. 

The balcony is the best thing about this cabin.  It is slightly larger and really does have the extra angled area as shown on the deck plans and it's partially covered.  This is probably my favorite balcony out of all of the balcony cabins we have had.  

I am concerned about connecting cabin but would love the bigger balcony. I believe the carribe balconies are larger anyway?

5 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I am concerned about connecting cabin but would love the bigger balcony. I believe the carribe balconies are larger anyway?

I agree I avoid connecting cabins too.  I'm sure I chose this cabin for the balcony.

Yes, on some ships, the Sapphire being one of them, the caribe balconies are larger than most and half covered and half uncovered.

I do not like being in a room with those fold down beds...banged my head on them couple of times even though never folded down.....mine was not a balcony room just oceanview so maybe in balcony different layout....unless you need the extra beds i would try and avoid rooms that have them.  Not the end of the world and up to you.  I also try and avoid connecting rooms as makes noise from next door flow through easier...usually not a problem until u get neighbors who want to talk loud, argue, or play tv at loud volumes.

21 minutes ago, dockman said:

I do not like being in a room with those fold down beds...banged my head on them couple of times even though never folded down.....mine was not a balcony room just oceanview so maybe in balcony different layout....unless you need the extra beds i would try and avoid rooms that have them.  Not the end of the world and up to you.  I also try and avoid connecting rooms as makes noise from next door flow through easier...usually not a problem until u get neighbors who want to talk loud, argue, or play tv at loud volumes.

I agree with both of these statements. The only time I had a room with beds that came out from the wall I hit my shoulder every time I walked to the bed. Luckily it was just after covid & they gave us another room. i really want that balcony but I am afraid of the extra beds & the connecting rooms which I have heard are a nightmare sometimes