Regal Princess Sanctuary

beshears

I don't know if Sanctuary is for adults only, but there is a charge to use it (sorry, I don't know how much).  The Retreat area is just outside the Sanctuary, and that is a free adults-only area and pool.  Hope that helps a little...

10 minutes ago, beshears said:

I may be wrong, but I was thinking The Sanctuary was for "adults" only. If this is the case, is there any type of charge to use that area?

There is a fee and it can be tough to get reservations as they can only be made after boarding. I have read comments that if it is important to guests, then they RUN to the sanctuary to make their reservations.

• Like 1

Yes, adults only. Charge is $20/half day, $40/full day, $30/day if you book the entire cruise. You have to be one of the first to board and go directly there to select your lounge chair and day(s).

To add passengers that are sailing b2bs are able to book on their final day of the cruise for the next voyage. 

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

We’re HOPING to book the Sanctuary for our full cruise on Enchanted.  We plan on getting to deck 18 immediately upon boarding.  For $60.00 per day for two people, it’s a very inexpensive luxury.  No pool chair hogs, no loud music, no kids running around the pool.  Heaven!  It really is stressful not knowing if you’ll get your reservation or be left out.  We’re gonna need wings for our sneakers!   We’ve booked a large balcony cabin, just in case.  Wish us luck!

I'm pretty sure it's adults only, as is the pool area you walk through to get there (the latter of which is free).

We booked two sea-day afternoons last week, and our hustle (arrive early and immediately dash upstairs) was rewarded when a crowd gathered behind us as we were finishing our booking. It's calm (even when the pool behind is in full party mode!) and the setup greatly mitigates any wind. It's also a great place to have afternoon tea (it arrives at about 3:30 and takes a while to get to everyone).

One thing we really missed on Regal was a hot tub, like they have on Discovery.

Edited by TheMichael
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

We’re HOPING to book the Sanctuary for our full cruise on Enchanted.  ........................  Wish us luck!

Sure --- as long as you are not on my ship, or at least slower than me.  LOL.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Sure --- as long as you are not on my ship, or at least slower than me.  LOL.

lol!  My DH is fast, thank goodness!  I have two crappy knees, but I’ll be cheering him on from waaaay back.  I wish you good luck, too!  I don’t think you’re on our sailing, so we should be fine.  

45 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

lol!  My DH is fast, thank goodness!  I have two crappy knees, but I’ll be cheering him on from waaaay back.  I wish you good luck, too!  I don’t think you’re on our sailing, so we should be fine.  

I'm not on any sailing just now... it was just a general statement.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cruiserj12 said:

Can you book chairs in the sanctuary everyday or only on sea days?

Any days or half days where loungers/cabanas are available. Sea days are generally busier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiserj12 said:

Can you book chairs in the sanctuary everyday or only on sea days?

You can book loungers for half day $20.00 per person, full day $40.00 per person or for entire cruise $30.00 per day per person. Same price for port days and sea days. Full amount payable at time of making reservations.  No refunds. 

Thanks for ALL your replies. So if we don't do The Sanctuary, and The Retreat is adults only as well, about how many people can be in that area, or I guess how many lounge chairs do they have?

13 hours ago, beshears said:

Thanks for ALL your replies. So if we don't do The Sanctuary, and The Retreat is adults only as well, about how many people can be in that area, or I guess how many lounge chairs do they have?

lots of photos if you do a  google search....then you can count the number of lounge chairs, if that's important

13 hours ago, beshears said:

There’s upwards of 40-50 chairs in that area.  I would warn that it can be very windy in the Retreat area on sea days.  

13 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

You can book loungers for half day $20.00 per person, full day $40.00 per person or for entire cruise $30.00 per day per person. Same price for port days and sea days. Full amount payable at time of making reservations.  No refunds

A number of times we have been "weathered" out of the Sanctuary by high winds or rain. They have always refunded us the half or full day we had paid when that happens. And it was up to us to decide whether we wanted a refund or not.  They tend to be pretty flexible about the weather.

2 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

A number of times we have been "weathered" out of the Sanctuary by high winds or rain. They have always refunded us the half or full day we had paid when that happens. And it was up to us to decide whether we wanted a refund or not.  They tend to be pretty flexible about the weather.

That’s good to know!  We were told onboard once you book for the entire cruise you cannot get a partial refund for weather related issues.  In the past we’ve booked only one or two days.   We’ve also been disappointed when it was fully booked and we were turned away,

33 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

That’s good to know!  We were told onboard once you book for the entire cruise you cannot get a partial refund for weather related issues.  In the past we’ve booked only one or two days.   We’ve also been disappointed when it was fully booked and we were turned away,

I suspect it's another one of those "ship to ship" things, where the decision is up to the individual Sanctuary manager, and some may be more flexible than others. I can't speak to getting a complete refund for the rest of a cruise, but they have always been very good about refunding the particular day's remaining cost when the weather turns bad. I've had them refund a full day when we showed up at 8AM in a driving rain, and I've also had them refund a half day when the wind turned into a tornado around noon. And yes, being turned away from booking when it was completely sold out BEFORE the cruise even started, has been an issue for us as well. As Elite, we make it a point to being among the very first to board and still haven't had much luck in recent years due to all the B2Bers getting priority.  On sea days when we couldn't book the Sanctuary, we've found Take 5 on the so-equipped ships to be a decent alternative. Just wish they full time bar service ;o)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I suspect it's another one of those "ship to ship" things, where the decision is up to the individual Sanctuary manager, and some may be more flexible than others. I can't speak to getting a complete refund for the rest of a cruise, but they have always been very good about refunding the particular day's remaining cost when the weather turns bad. I've had them refund a full day when we showed up at 8AM in a driving rain, and I've also had them refund a half day when the wind turned into a tornado around noon. And yes, being turned away from booking when it was completely sold out BEFORE the cruise even started, has been an issue for us as well. As Elite, we make it a point to being among the very first to board and still haven't had much luck in recent years due to all the B2Bers getting priority.  On sea days when we couldn't book the Sanctuary, we've found Take 5 on the so-equipped ships to be a decent alternative. Just wish they full time bar service ;o)

We also have priority embarkation, but we still have to run to the Sanctuary!  Not the best way to start a cruise, that’s for sure.  We reward ourselves with lunch in the MDR!  We always book a cabin with a large balcony just in case we’re disappointed.

18 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

He can book it for the two of you so don't wear out your knees rushing to the Sanctuary before the cruise starts!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

You are correct about the no refund policy if you book the entire cruise.  They actually closed the Sanctuary one day due to weather and still wouldn't refund.

• Thanks 1