Review Oceania Vista

English Tim

3 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

I sleep with the tv on

In the knowledge of what folk have said about being able to hear normal level speaking in neighbouring cabins, I imagine that TV noise all through the night is going to be disruptive for anyone in an adjacent cabin. Don't worry though, in the unfortunate event that I find myself next to you, you will learn about how annoyingly inconsiderate you're being very very quickly. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

I always travel with earplugs, in case of a neighbouring snorer who, of course, cannot help their condition. Doesnt apply to someone being deliberately inconsiderate - as the member of staff to whom I complain would quickly tell you. 

• Like 2

Just embarked Vista. Can hear specifics of conversation from neighbors through walls.Man in adjoining cabin also has contant cough. Likely two and done on Vista. What a shame. 

Edited by edgee

15 minutes ago, edgee said:

Just embarked Vista. Can hear specifics of conversation from neighbors through walls.Man in adjoining cabin also has contant cough. Likely two and done on Vista. What a shame. 

Sorry you have to experience that again. Can you please share the cabin you are in. It looks like coughing is everywhere now days. Stay safe and enjoy your cruise otherwise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

In our cabin on deck 9 no noise from next. door. We watch the tv CC haven't heard any sounds 

If you cruise on Vista be sure to bring a clock LOL

We are on deck 7 now and there is no noise at all.and we are near an elevator 

Cruise well with gratitude 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, edgee said:

@edgee I personally would like to thank you for sharing.  Many don't like when folks share things that are less then complementary. I on the other hand, really appreciate it.  I am on the Vista for a 10 day Mediterranean Cruise.  This issue would only bother me at night so I have on my packing list, ear plugs.  

There will be other things we will learn about the Vista.  I look forward to learning them.  Good and Bad.  Thanks again.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/24/2024 at 4:14 PM, Hlitner said:

Not having yet been on the Vista, we do not have a first hand opinion about the sound insulation.  But we have cruised on more than 75 different cruise ships (16 cruise lines) and have had varying degrees of sound insulation.  There is no mystery to insulation on cruise ships and its just a matter of a line spending the extra money for extra insulation (and perhaps move space between the bulkheads.  So, if it is true that the Vista has awful soundproofing, than its on O and its architect.  Kind of sad for a "premium line."

Hank

Perhaps the sound insulation on Vista was not uniformly applied (kind of like a Boeing door plug 🙃). We sailed Vista in 8015 for 12 nights in August. I was very impressed and I have very acute hearing (would that my vision were as good). I’m quite sensitive to noise and had no issues and we had neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We either use a portable white noise machine or play a 10 hour white noise YouTube video (no ads) from an iPad. These work well for us if there’s some noise outside our cabin. My wife can use earplugs. Though I tried many times, I yet to get to sleep with them in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

There will be other things we will learn about the Vista.  I look forward to learning them.  Good and Bad.  Thanks again.

So much to like about Vista. Had a nice dinner at Toscana this evening (berry tirimasu is fantastic!) and pondered if we could cruise on this ship again given thin wall noise issue. Decided that if we were to sail her again, we would book PH in order to. 

get a larger room with hope that would positively impact noise issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, edgee said:

So much to like about Vista. Had a nice dinner at Toscana this evening (berry tirimasu is fantastic!) and pondered if we could cruise on this ship again given thin wall noise issue. Decided that if we were to sail her again, we would book PH in order to. 

get a larger room with hope that would positively impact noise issue.

We had a cabin on Deck 12 - cabins on both sides and didn't hear a peep....and so close to everything!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just disembarked the Vista yesterday morning after 22 days in PH2 cabin 7116.  We never heard anyone talking or TV from rooms on either side.  Actually, we didn't hear hallway noise either.  Perhaps the wall insulation is not uniform throughout the ship?   We had a great Butler as well as room attendant and the food quality was very good.  We would sail again on the Vista for the right itinerary.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, seaventuregal said:

We just disembarked the Vista yesterday morning after 22 days in PH2 cabin 7116.  We never heard anyone talking or TV from rooms on either side.  Actually, we didn't hear hallway noise either.  Perhaps the wall insulation is not uniform throughout the ship?   We had a great Butler as well as room attendant and the food quality was very good.  We would sail again on the Vista for the right itinerary.  

Good to hear a positive review!

• Like 2

I would like to mention that the covered outdoor Terrace was a great addition on the Vista.  It was possible to seat everyone at breakfast and lunch with complete shade even next to the railing most of the time!  We always enjoy the beautiful weather outside while dining on the terrace during the warmer itineraries.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, basor said:

We had a cabin on Deck 12 - cabins on both sides and didn't hear a peep....and so close to everything!!!

Sounds good Any noise from Deck 14 above?