cost for specialty restaurants

tango9

Can anyone tell me the current cost of going to one of the specialty restaurants?  It had been $30 pp but I am not sure if it increased and I can't seem to find the info on Azamara website.  Thanks!

51 minutes ago, tango9 said:

Can anyone tell me the current cost of going to one of the specialty restaurants?  It had been $30 pp but I am not sure if it increased and I can't seem to find the info on Azamara website.  Thanks!

Those in suites already paid for this - no extra charge for them. 

Edited by blag

It’s interesting that the prices for the specialty dining packages are no longer listed on the website.  I wonder if the prices are going to increase in the near future.

5 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I'm on Quest right now. It's $49 or $120 for a 3 night package. Sounds like there has been a lot of inflation recently.

Wow a big jump! 
Have they enhanced the menu or is it still the same (reduced from what it used to be eg no Dover sole) offering. Not sure I’d pay $100 for what was available on Onward last time. 

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

I'm on Quest right now. It's $49 or $120 for a 3 night package. Sounds like there has been a lot of inflation recently.

That’s a huge increase! Personally, I don’t think the specialties are worth that.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mercruiser said:

Definately a no- go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tango9 said:

Get a suite. It cost you zero. Hhahha

Just now, SEA DOGY said:

Get a suite. It cost you zero. Hhahha

RIght.  Azamazing value for only a $1000 a night. 

A 40% increase is way excessive.  Nowhere in the world is inflation 40% per annum except maybe Argentina. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

For my upcoming sailing, I received an email offer for dining packages.  Three table tour for $85 which now sounds like a deal.  I guess it is only for pre sailing and there is a cancellation fee if you change your mind

1 minute ago, tango9 said:

For my upcoming sailing, I received an email offer for dining packages.  Three table tour for $85 which now sounds like a deal.  I guess it is only for pre sailing and there is a cancellation fee if you change your mind

Do you get to select how the 3 are distributed?

the three tour says one dinner at Aquilina, one dinner at Prime C and third dinner at either one, your choice. Although I did purchase this package pre cruise for my last sailing and I was able to go to Prime C only with last minute change of plans

It should be a consistent price across all four ships and if there is a pricing change this should be covered in an email to all booked guests. 
I am hoping current Quest guests are not “testing victims” to see what the market will stand
That price would be appropriate if

1. The menu included premium offerings 

2. The tables were much further apart and for some not rammed up against the service clearing areas

3. There was a more professional and less folksy “class clown” level of service. - dinging the butter covers or joking when bringing the soup bowl with just garnish isn’t appropriate. 

As @excitedofharpenden says it’s a nice meal that’s all and even taking account of inflation given the current menu, service and ambience $35 per head supplement is around the right level. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rus Tee said:

For our up coming cruise on Journey the 3 and 4 table packages haven’t changed in price

So is it that everything is more expensive if you wait to book onboard? 

4 minutes ago, Rus Tee said:

No it’s been the same price for months. The price I’m seeing is £’s as in am the uk but pretty sure it equates to $95 for 3 table tour.

Yes but @Mercruiser has indicated in their original post that the price onboard is now $120

Yesterday I received an email about the culinary packages.  A 3 table package was $85pp, a 4 table package was $115pp.  We will be on the Journey in a couple of weeks.  

51 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes but @Mercruiser has indicated in their original post that the price onboard is now $120

I verified these prices ($49 & $120) with the Prime C host last night before posting. They also agree with what I was told on the phone reservation line in boarding day. I rechecked with Prime C to make sure my recollection was correct.

• Thanks 1