Plus Fare Issue

skynight

I have 6 cruises booked with the plus fare. The next two are b2b starting the end of February 2024. When reviewing the travel summary there is no mention of the three "new" benefits, Ocean Now Delivery, Room Service by telephone and 2 casual meals. It's this way on all 6 of my bookings. I contacted the T.A. She checked with Princess. The Princess agent indicated that indeed these benefits were part of my fare, but could not explain why they don't show up on the travel summary. She has some higher level Princess person working on it.

Anyone else have this issue?

30 minutes ago, skynight said:

I have 6 cruises booked with the plus fare. The next two are b2b starting the end of February 2024. When reviewing the travel summary there is no mention of the three "new" benefits, Ocean Now Delivery, Room Service by telephone and 2 casual meals. It's this way on all 6 of my bookings. I contacted the T.A. She checked with Princess. The Princess agent indicated that indeed these benefits were part of my fare, but could not explain why they don't show up on the travel summary. She has some higher level Princess person working on it.

Depends on when you booked the cruises with the Plus Package.  If before the changes to benefits you will more than likely not receive them.   Our cruise for September last year was booked prior to latest upgrade.  Additional items could be added for $10 per day onboard.   The cruise we sailed January, I added the plus package a month or so before boarding included new items.  Only used casual dining and medallion shopping.

Good luck.

It also depends if the 2024 cruises were booked before the new Princess Plus took effect in 2023. I booked my October cruises in April of 2023. I just looked at my booking and with my Princess Plus I do not show the casual meals as a benefit.

I just looked at my travel summary for my next cruise in April where I have premier.  It doesn't list unlimited casual meals on it nor Ocean now delivery.  Lists everything else but that.  Perhaps it's just a glitch.  I just booked this a few weeks ago. 

It didn't show up on my 12/23 Sky sailing either, same package so for some reason, they must not be putting it on the list. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

It also depends if the 2024 cruises were booked before the new Princess Plus took effect in 2023. I booked my October cruises in April of 2023. I just looked at my booking and with my Princess Plus I do not show the casual meals as a benefit.

No, it doesn't. It depends whether the Plus was booked before Dec 14, 2022. 

If booked after that date, all the currently listed perks are included. 

The changes that were introduced in Aug 2023 were "grandfathered in" for all those who booked Plus/Premier Fare/Cruise Package after Dec 14, 2022.  There was no price change for the Aug 2023 changes. 

3 hours ago, skynight said:

The casual meals, ON delivery activation fee and room service delivery fee do not show up on the travel summary. Haven't since they were introduced and included in Plus/Premier Cruise Packages in August 2023. 

They do show on the app(s). Go figure. 

If you purchased your fare/Cruise Package after Dec 14, 2022 - as in, you paid $60/80 respectively for Plus/Premier  Cruise Package, everything currently listed under the packages is included.  

The TS haven't been updated to include them, but they are included.. 

This is a picture of my travel summary add-ons from the premier plan. This was booked in January and it’s from the app. They are not included but they are included in the package portion of the app. 

IMG_5924.png

1 minute ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I have a cruise booked with no package as it is a short one...but according to the app I have the pkg...

I'm sure you have your reasons, OBC, etc, but short, less than 7 days, are a perfect time to utilize the PLUS or even Premier packages - Premier having 2 Specialty dinners included and the unlimited casual

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'm sure you have your reasons, OBC, etc, but short, less than 7 days, are a perfect time to utilize the PLUS or even Premier packages - Premier having 2 Specialty dinners included and the unlimited casual

Correct we have our reasons, it is short, and a colder cruise so we wouldn't be doing the froofroo adult drinks we normally do...also while short most is ports so not alot of time on board to be drinking tea or hot cocoa since we cant take it off with us..so we did the math and realized our OBC would take care of any tea or hot cocoa we wanted, and if we decided to do the delivery app it covered that as well as tips and anything else we needed to or wanted to buy...my main point was we have no pkg yet the old and new app both show we have the plus pkg...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

No, it doesn't. It depends whether the Plus was booked before Dec 14, 2022. 

My cruises were booked well after Dec 14, 2022. They were booked in 2023 and 4 of them in October 2023.

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

Just checked the app. It's there. Although I prefer the website over the app. Unfortunately, they don't match. 😡

I checked the app. It's not there. Maybe it's because I have not loaded the new app. I can't work my phone very well. I make lots of errors, by touching the screen by accident. I am a little hesitant to download the new app before my February 2024 cruise. I might touch something and delete or add something unintended. I'll let Princess download the new app once on board.

1 hour ago, tulok said:

This is a picture of my travel summary add-ons from the premier plan. This was booked in January and it’s from the app. They are not included but they are included in the package portion of the app. 

My header does not say Luggage tags and Documents. There are separate headers for luggage tags and travel summary.

Thank you everyone.