Safety of posting exactly when you will be away on a cruise on CC

USN59-79

On 2/3/2024 at 1:08 AM, donaldsc said:

I have set up lots of private tours.  In my last Japan cruise I set up 10 of them.  Once I determine that you are really interested and not just tour shopping I always ask for your e-mail and cabin #.  If you don't want to give it to me you don't get to join my tour group.  Bottom line - my tour so my rules.  I have never had any problem filling my tours and to my knowledge nobody in any of my groups has ever been robbed.

DON

Yes, it's your tour but the question was *why* is the cabin # necessary. You answered that you asked for it but not why. So why do you ask for it? Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Yes, it's your tour but the question was *why* is the cabin # necessary. You answered that you asked for it but not why. So why do you ask for it? Inquiring minds want to know. 🙂 

If I need to get in contact with them by phone I use the cabin #.  Nobody in any of my many tours has ever objected to giving me this information or any other reasonable information.

DON

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MacMadame said:

All but one couple made it to a meeting of those who were on the Alla tour in St. Petersburg I had set up through our roll call. I had to find them to let them know where we were meeting to disembark for the tour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

All but one couple made it to a meeting of those who were on the Alla tour in St. Petersburg I had set up through our roll call. I had to find them to let them know where we were meeting to disembark for the tour.

This is one of the reasons we asked for cabin numbers, but there was no reason at all to put any of the information on a publicly accessible website.

GC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greg4502 said:

I have someone house sitting, plus I have my security team on duty.

PC250013 - Copy.jpg

Yep, that would work.   Heavy feed bill though,  😀

11 hours ago, Greg4502 said:

I have someone house sitting, plus I have my security team on duty.

PC250013 - Copy.jpg

We used trustedhousesitters. com and have our back up.

hairycollar.jpg

• Haha 1

Although I use social media, I am somewhat private. People that I actually talk to on a regular basis IRL *might* now I am going on a trip because I told them myself. I post pics on my feed now and then but my feed is private to me. I have to select if I want others to see it. I post in private roll calls and will ask the admin to change the setting from public to private before I actively participate. It's not so much for safety reasons, but I don't care to share my business with everyone.

And just because I'm away doesn't mean my house is empty. People can eff around and find out if they choose 🙂

• Like 1