Celebrity Elite status vs RCI Diamond status

twonpcb

I am Diamond status in the RCI loyalty program.  This affords me a match as Elite in the Celebrity program.  While cruising on a RCI ship, my status affords me 4 alcoholic drinks throughout the day provided they are $14 or less.  I’m a little confused as to the offering Celebrity gives for their Elite status.  From what I read, there is essentially a “happy hour” where guests meet and eligible members are offered complimentary drinks.  Is this only during a certain time of the day?  Is it at a specific venue on the ship?  I’m so confused.  TIA

It is from 5-7 nightly except for embarkation night.  Unlimited number of drinks from a limited menu available at most bars, not available in restaurants for the dining rooms. 

Here is a link to all the benefits.  Laundry is one we use the most, of course discounts are always nice.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/images/Captains-Club-Benefits-Brochure-12-2023.pdf

Just now, boontj2003 said:

5-7 pm at any bar except MDR and martini bar. They also have an elite cocktail hour from 5-7, last time it was in the reflection lounge.

The gathering in a lounge is not a nightly event, now 1 or 2 nights a cruise.  The location varies by ship, not all ships have reflection lounge.  

10 minutes ago, jwlane said:

It IS available at the martini bar.  NOT World Class or Craft Social.

The bars for happy hour can and do differ by ship.  There is a sheet in the cabin when you board with the list of Captains Club events, dates, times and locations.

16 hours ago, twonpcb said:

I am Diamond status in the RCI loyalty program.  This affords me a match as Elite in the Celebrity program.  While cruising on a RCI ship, my status affords me 4 alcoholic drinks throughout the day provided they are $14 or less.  I’m a little confused as to the offering Celebrity gives for their Elite status.  From what I read, there is essentially a “happy hour” where guests meet and eligible members are offered complimentary drinks.  Is this only during a certain time of the day?  Is it at a specific venue on the ship?  I’m so confused.  TIA

And do check out the list of "approved" drinks. It's very limited. The beer selections suck.

But if you find a good bartender...he'll hook you up. 😁

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, twonpcb said:

Unlike RC you cannot order CC HH drinks in the different dining venues or the theater. You'll need to carry them in with you. 

19 minutes ago, hucifer said:

And do check out the list of "approved" drinks. It's very limited. The beer selections suck.

But if you find a good bartender...he'll hook you up. 😁

based on your photo, you are way too young to be drinking beer

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:53 AM, jwlane said:

It IS available at the martini bar.  NOT World Class or Craft Social.

Just off the Equinox. We WERE allowed Elite free drinks at the Craft Social and the Martini Bar.  Just not the World Class bar.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:35 AM, Nachosdelux said:

based on your photo, you are way too young to be drinking beer

You must not be from Europe.

On 1/31/2024 at 5:33 PM, deliver42 said:

Nobody does Loyalty perks better than Royal.

Except Oceania, Regent, Silversea, Seabourn, MSC, ...