Can Bottles of Hard Liquor Be Purchased on Board?

jtwind

Someone mentioned that you could buy small bottles for consumption, but I can't find info.  (And I'm not talking about the duty free stuff that has to be held until the end of the cruise.)

33 minutes ago, jtwind said:

Someone mentioned that you could buy small bottles for consumption, but I can't find info.  (And I'm not talking about the duty free stuff that has to be held until the end of the cruise.)

You can pre-purchase.  It’s a modest selection of 350 or 375 ml bottles.  Bourbon, gin, scotch, vodka and rum.  Nothing top shelf and several misidentified. Log into your cruise on the website and select the beverages tab on top.  Lots of wines as well. 

Edited by BamaVol

5 minutes ago, IndyKid said:

I don't think so. They would rather sell you overpriced drinks. 

I pay comparable prices for drink in bars on land.  I don’t consider Princess drink prices excessive.  If you want to drink cheap, I think the only option is staying at home.

• Like 7

After signing in to your Cruise Personalizer, click on Extras at the top of the page.  From there scroll down to Princess Wines & Spirits.  Spirits for pre-purchase are listed after the wines.  You can also purchase the listed spirits once you are onboard through room service.  Here's the current listing:

Courvoisier VSOP

350ml Cognac

$33.04

Jim Beam

375ml Bourbon

$17.70

Crown Royal

375ml Bourbon

$23.60

Jack Daniel's

375ml Bourbon

$28.32

Cutty Sark

350ml Scotch

$17.70

Johnnie Walker Red Label

375ml Scotch

$25.96

Skyy

375ml Vodka

$17.70

Absolut

375ml Vodka

$21.24

Bacardi White

375ml Rum

$17.70

Cruzan Coconut

375ml Rum

$17.70

Gordon's

375ml Gin

$17.70

Bombay Sapphire

375ml Gin

$23.60

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Before the packages were offered, we always pre-ordered bottles for our room.  We think the prices are crazy inexpensive because we pay those prices at our local liquor store.  With prices this low why do people try to smuggle liquor onboard?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, MN Syrup Cruiser said:

After signing in to your Cruise Personalizer, click on Extras at the top of the page.  From there scroll down to Princess Wines & Spirits.  Spirits for pre-purchase are listed after the wines.  You can also purchase the listed spirits once you are onboard through room service.  Here's the current listing:

Courvoisier VSOP

350ml Cognac

$33.04

Jim Beam

375ml Bourbon

$17.70

Crown Royal

375ml Bourbon

$23.60

Jack Daniel's

375ml Bourbon

$28.32

Cutty Sark

350ml Scotch

$17.70

Johnnie Walker Red Label

375ml Scotch

$25.96

Skyy

375ml Vodka

$17.70

Absolut

375ml Vodka

$21.24

Bacardi White

375ml Rum

$17.70

Cruzan Coconut

375ml Rum

$17.70

Gordon's

375ml Gin

$17.70

Bombay Sapphire

375ml Gin

$23.60

Obviously these are very small bottles at inflated prices. If you are elite take the mini bar and exchange for the type of liquor you like

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Before the packages were offered, we always pre-ordered bottles for our room.  We think the prices are crazy inexpensive because we pay those prices at our local liquor store.  With prices this low why do people try to smuggle liquor onboard?  

You find the cost of the small bottles to be pretty much the normal price because you are in Canada. You are used to paying roughly twice what liquor costs in the US. The 375ml bottles on Princess are pretty much the price of 750ml bottles in the US.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Thrak said:

You find the cost of the small bottles to be pretty much the normal price because you are in Canada. You are used to paying roughly twice what liquor costs in the US. The 375ml bottles on Princess are pretty much the price of 750ml bottles in the US.

You are so right!  Alcohol prices in Canada are exorbitant.  (Wait til you see the price of real estate in most provinces.  You have be a millionaire if you want to buy a house.)

I didn’t realize that liquor was that inexpensive in the USA.  Lucky you!  Princess prices, even at the bars, seem completely in-line to us.  Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

You are so right!  Alcohol prices in Canada are exorbitant.  (Wait til you see the price of real estate in most provinces.  You have be a millionaire if you want to buy a house.)

I didn’t realize that liquor was that inexpensive in the USA.  Lucky you!  Princess prices, even at the bars, seem completely in-line to us.  Thanks for the info!

how much is a beer at a Canada airport then?  $$$?

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how much is a beer at a Canada airport then?  $$$?

Honestly, I don’t know.  We don’t drink beer and our departures are most always very early flights.  For evening international flights we eat and drink in the airport lounge and alcohol is included. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2024 at 2:07 PM, BamaVol said:

I pay comparable prices for drink in bars on land.  I don’t consider Princess drink prices excessive.  If you want to drink cheap, I think the only option is staying at home.

Or bring you own. 😄

• Like 2

10 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Only wine and champagne can be brought onboard. 

This post was about hard liquor. 

Thant's exactly what I was talking about. Bring you own from home that I bought last cruise in the Caribbean. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/3/2024 at 11:45 AM, Lady Arwen said:

'Nuff said!  This sums it up exactly. Now we always have the plus package but I used to order a couple bottles of Bacardi.

• Thanks 1