Couple of Random Questions From A Princess Newbie

puzzums

Hello all,

Sorry, got a few questions here (Royal Princess June 1/24):

1.  Re hair blowers, is the dryer supplied by Princess adequate for someone with longer hair (a bit below shoulder length)?  I don’t want to drag mine along but also don’t want to take an hour to dry my hair with something that barely blows a puff of air, lol.

2.  With the medallion now used for everything, just wondering if they still provide a paper version of the daily ship activities?  Is there a show every evening, including departure night?

3.  Can someone please remind me how far ahead of sail date the luggage tags appear?

4.  And lastly, where is the best place to grab a bite on embarkation day on Royal Princess after boarding?  I think we depart Vancouver at 6:00 pm and so I expect we’ll have the munchies well before dinner.

Thanks so much!

6 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Hello all,

1.  Re hair blowers, is the dryer supplied by Princess adequate for someone with longer hair (a bit below shoulder length)?  I don’t want to drag mine along but also don’t want to take an hour to dry my hair with something that barely blows a puff of air, lol.

2.  With the medallion now used for everything, just wondering if they still provide a paper version of the daily ship activities?  Is there a show every evening, including departure night?

3.  Can someone please remind me how far ahead of sail date the luggage tags appear?

4.  And lastly, where is the best place to grab a bite on embarkation day on Royal Princess after boarding?  I think we depart Vancouver at 6:00 pm and so I expect we’ll have the munchies well before dinner.

Thanks so much!

1. NO, the blow dryer is the worst.

2. Yes, Princess Events Schedule will be delivered to your cabin. 

3. Not sure, but plenty of time to print prior to leaving. 

4. Main Dining Room, one is open for lunch. If you miss that dining time, Alfredo's is really good for pizza. Also, buffet on Lido deck between the Mid ship and Aft elevators.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, puzzums said:

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

1) The hair dryer is not great but it's adequate...it won't take any hour I don't think.
2)Yes, you can still get the Patter...it's an abbreviated version, just one page.
3) Don't remember but probably a month or so?
4) The Buffet will be open and so will International Cafe. Pizza and Salty dog up by the pool will be open.
If you get onboard before 1pm, one of the dining rooms will be open, although they always direct you to the buffet.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, puzzums said:

Hello all,

Thanks so much!

1. Yes, it's a typical hotel hair dryer and works fine.  Not worth bringing one from home IMO. 

2.  Yes, you'll get one every day in your cabin.  There is plenty of entertainment every day and evening.

3. 75 days

4.  We like Alfredo's on Royal class ships but you should have plenty of options -- buffet, Lido pizza and grill, MDR, International Cafe, Vines.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Alfredo’s is great, but there will be an up charge without a beverage package.  All else mentioned are complimentary.

I believe you mistyped, Alfredo’s is now considered a casual dining venue with an upcharge unless you have the Plus or Premier Bundled packages/fare.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I believe you mistyped, Alfredo’s is now considered a casual dining venue with an upcharge unless you have the Plus or Premier Bundled packages/fare.

Isn’t that what I wrote?

15 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Alfredo’s is great, but there will be an up charge without a beverage package.  All else mentioned are complimentary.

You will be charged if you don’t have a beverage package?

• Like 1

@cr8tiv1, you wrote without a beverage package, as the OP is a newbie, you can buy a stand-alone beverage package not the bundled Plus or Premier packages that are not only beverage packages but includes WiFi and crew appreciation and now Casual Dining, waived room service $5 fee , and waived Ocean Now $14.99 one time activation fee.

• Haha 1

4) On the Lido Deck. The buffet called World Market Place is very large with lots of selections. I enjoyed getting some food and heading to the aft terrace for dining and views. The grill with burgers, chicken dogs, fries and maybe some other selections I forgot. Pizza by the slice is available at Prego's. There is also Swirls where you can pick up a soft ice cream snack. 

On deck 5 There is the International Cafe with paninis, salads, desserts and some other items.

There is one DR open for lunch from noon until 1:30. Not certain which one on the Royal Princess.

Alfredo's on deck 6 mid ship serves individual pizza and other menu items. It's one of the casual dining locations. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Isn’t that what I wrote?

You will be charged if you don’t have a beverage package?

If you don't have the Plus or Premiere.  For Plus, you get two free.  Premiere you get unlimited.

I don't find the hair dryer good enough but....? I'm not sure if your allowed to bring your own hair dryer. As noone else has said anything about it, it might be the exception. 

I usually go to Alfredos and people watch on embarkation day. But you need plus or premium. It's not worth paying for. I never go to the buffet on day 1 because its insanely busy. Go to the pool deck or IC. The dining room is ok. But it's only open for a short time.

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

If you don't have the Plus or Premiere.  For Plus, you get two free.  Premiere you get unlimited.

If you booked with Plus way last year and paid $50 (like we did) you don't get the casual dining. You also won't get Ocean Now delivery, room service, or free Medallion shipping. Bah.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cruise4mom said:

I have short thick hair and the hair dryer is horrible. Bring your own. I know it sucks but at least your hair will be dry and you know how

long it will take.

I found the hair dryer to be a lifesaver when I turned on the sink and it splashed water on the front of my dress pants. I used the hair dryer to fix the problem. I don't have much other use for a hair dryer as a dry towel or even a face cloth does the trick for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldenrosebags said:

I don't find the hair dryer good enough but....? I'm not sure if your allowed to bring your own hair dryer.

DW *always* takes her travel hair dryer.  It is very compact and she seems content in using it.  She's tried to use the dryers on various ships and just did not seem pleased with them.