Super Bowl at sea

I am currently on Volendam, and we just docked in Broome, WA, Australia.

The Superbowl is scheduled to start at 7am (in just less than an hour) with kickoff at 7:30 and will be shown in the World Stage as well as on Cabin TVs.

The same was true last year on Zuiderdam.

I will watch at least part of the game, but probably not all.

• Like 1

On the Oosterdam, Super Bowl starts at 8.  It will be shown in the Main Theater, Billboard and Gallery Bar starting in 30 minutes.  Will report back on the experience on my LIVE thread.

BTW, I have never see the commercials the two other times I watched on a ship.  Just the live stream of the game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

For those onboard: are they showing the Super Bowl on your ship? In what venue?

But most important: will you be watching?

Pinnacle ships show at the Lido pool screen, other ships are at World Stage screen. They don't have rights to the commercials (which really aren't what they used to be). 

12 hours ago, 0106 said:

BTW, I have never see the commercials the two other times I watched on a ship.  Just the live stream of the game.

The same for the two Superbowls I have seen on Oceania cruises.  Instead of the often entertaining commercials, they just kept repeating the same boring network "promo's", over and over and over...🥱

4 hours ago, bob brown said:

The same for the two Superbowls I have seen on Oceania cruises.  Instead of the often entertaining commercials, they just kept repeating the same boring network "promo's", over and over and over...🥱

They don't have the full license for the commercials, which weren't any good anyway, but better than the obnoxious redundant network promos. 

Last year I watched in the Westin in Bangkok; similar to what many here said, almost no commercials. The strange thing was that there were a few commercials in the second half.

But for all who missed the commercials, you didn't miss much. As some here said, the last few years the commercials have really lost their appeal. There were, however, a couple of decent ones, so you can catch those on YouTube.