Registering a credit card

amajaa

Am I getting mixed up with Princess as I thought we had to register a credit card ( or debit card) in the information on the Cruise Personaliser before we sailed , but if we do I can't find where. I definitely know we have to on Princess so I might have been thinking we do on P & O as well. 

7 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Am I getting mixed up with Princess as I thought we had to register a credit card ( or debit card) in the information on the Cruise Personaliser before we sailed , but if we do I can't find where. I definitely know we have to on Princess so I might have been thinking we do on P & O as well. 

I think you may be correct, I think P&O still register your card as part of the check in procedure

Yes you do it before you go via my.pocruises…( new version cruise personaliser) think it maybe only lets you do it three weeks before as part of the online check in process. You can upload your photo too

• Like 2

When going on the Azura I entered my card via the online check in but I could have waited until the boarding process .

Here's what p&o say ... 

If you do not register a payment card during online check-in, you will not be able to complete the online check-in process. Instead, you will need to check-in and register a payment card when you arrive at the terminal. The check-in team at the terminal will ask you for your credit or debit payment card. We accept the following major cards: Visa and Discover cards, MasterCard, and American Express & Diners Club. You will need your four digit pin number in order to register your card. We are unable to accept Solo, Maestro, Switch or any pre paid credit cards. £50 will be required for pre-authorisation and you will be asked to enter your four digit pin number for verification.

https://www.pocruises.com/essential-information/life-on-board#:~:text=Registering a payment card&text=If you do not register,you arrive at the terminal.

• Like 2

Thanks all, so will wait till 3 weeks before. 

We have booked a Saver Fare this time for the first time in years and I was thinking they might be waiting for us to fill everything in before allocating a cabin, but obviously that can't be the case then.

I am hoping 🤞🤞 that they won't leave it till embarkation to give us cabin number, I will be stressing out by then.  What happens to your suitcases if we don't know cabin number? Anyone know? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I think it’s done at the online check-in stage

They took £1 from us, and refunded it in the onboard statement/bill

That's what happened to us too when I checked in online before our January cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

Thanks all, so will wait till 3 weeks before. 

We have booked a Saver Fare this time for the first time in years and I was thinking they might be waiting for us to fill everything in before allocating a cabin, but obviously that can't be the case then.

I am hoping 🤞🤞 that they won't leave it till embarkation to give us cabin number, I will be stressing out by then.  What happens to your suitcases if we don't know cabin number? Anyone know? 

We booked inside saver. 

We travel Friday on arvia 

We've got cabin number, have registered credit card and just printed our boarding passes and luggage tags

The one thing I've not done yet is upload photos. Wouldn't work from my phone. Might try from laptop nearer the time.

The luggage tags have your cabin number on them so they need to allocate to you in advance

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We booked inside saver. 

We've got cabin number, have registered credit card and just printed our boarding passes and luggage tags

The one thing I've not done yet is upload photos. Wouldn't work from my phone. Might try from laptop nearer the time.

The luggage tags have your cabin number on them so they need to allocate to you in advance

Not necessarily. I know people have not got their cabin allocation until check in. I think you can print luggage labels that leave the cabin blank or, have a code on that indicate that no cabin has been allocated and it gets sorted on board.

Edited by FangedRose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

We booked inside saver. 

It says when you book can be allocated any time up to embarkation. The few tines ( years ago) when we booked Saver before we had the cabin allocated either 6 or 3 weeks before so were able to print labels etc .

My question is really if you haven't got your cabin number and you have labels without number on , what happens? Do you check in and then go back and put cabin numbers on or is someone by the luggage pods that gives you the cabin and deck number. As you have to put through specific pod depending on deck number. 

7 hours ago, amajaa said:

It says when you book can be allocated any time up to embarkation. The few tines ( years ago) when we booked Saver before we had the cabin allocated either 6 or 3 weeks before so were able to print labels etc .

My question is really if you haven't got your cabin number and you have labels without number on , what happens? Do you check in and then go back and put cabin numbers on or is someone by the luggage pods that gives you the cabin and deck number. As you have to put through specific pod depending on deck number. 

I answered that above.

8 minutes ago, FangedRose said:

I answered that above.

Well excuse me for not realising. I thought I had seen previously people saying you are told at the luggage pods so I was just questioning how you were told. I wouldn't want to risk my cases going though with no cabin number , we haven't had our luggage sometines till late at night so goodnesd knows if you would ever get them.

Edited by amajaa

6 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Well excuse me for not realising. I thought I had seen previously people saying you are told at the luggage pods so I was just questioning how you were told. I wouldn't want to risk my cases going though with no cabin number , we haven't had our luggage sometines till late at night so goodnesd knows if you would ever get them.

I arrive by coach so never use the luggage pods, that is all taken care of. 

8 minutes ago, amajaa said:

I must admit @amajaa that in those circumstances, I too would be concerned about how to deal with getting my luggage into the correct pod and who in Southampton to approach to obtain the correct information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I must admit @amajaa that in those circumstances, I too would be concerned about how to deal with getting my luggage into the correct pod and who in Southampton to approach to obtain the correct information.

Thanks not just me then🧳🚢

Experience (on a different cruise line) is that if there is no cabin number  you hopefully have your name on the luggage.  They can use this to work out your cabin number once the bag is on board.
If the cruise involved a flight then the airline baggage label gives your name.

If all else fails then the bag will end up near the reception desk.

There is usually  a table set up outside for people who haven’t printed their luggage labels so I presume you approach them and are given a generic one. You often see cases at the pursers office so perhaps that is where the ones without a cabin number go. Just make sure you have your name and booking reference on your luggage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

There is usually  a table set up outside for people who haven’t printed their luggage labels so I presume you approach them and are given a generic one. You often see cases at the pursers office so perhaps that is where the ones without a cabin number go. Just make sure you have your name and booking reference on your luggage. 

Thanks that must be what I have heard about with someone being outside