Ship Interior Decorations

We're on the Miracle right now, and are really enjoying the interior decorations in the public spaces.  The individual "grapes" on the ceiling in the dining room, (not to mention the grape chandeliers!), the art glass in the stairwells, the Alice in Wonderland roses theming of Mad Hatter's, and on and on.

Anyway, here's my questions.  First, which ship has your favorite interior style?

Second, we're West Coast cruisers so besides the Miracle, we've only ever been on the Radiance and the Panorama, both of which are much more sedate.  So, I want to know, are there other ships in the fleet that are as wild as the Miracle? Do they get wilder? (Please tell me they get wilder!)

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, deelightfull said:

We're on the Miracle right now, and are really enjoying the interior decorations in the public spaces.  The individual "grapes" on the ceiling in the dining room, (not to mention the grape chandeliers!), the art glass in the stairwells, the Alice in Wonderland roses theming of Mad Hatter's, and on and on.

Anyway, here's my questions.  First, which ship has your favorite interior style?

Second, we're West Coast cruisers so besides the Miracle, we've only ever been on the Radiance and the Panorama, both of which are much more sedate.  So, I want to know, are there other ships in the fleet that are as wild as the Miracle? Do they get wilder? (Please tell me they get wilder!)

Thanks!

Basically everything in the fleet older than the Breeze (except the Sunshine, Sunrise, and Radiance as they have been renovated and renamed) will have the wild decor. The wildest decor is up to individual taste, but I think most people would say Splendor is up there.

• Like 5

Yes! The older Carnival ships (before Breeze, I beleive) were all designed by legendary designer Jo Farcus, who was known for his over the top use of colors and themes (in a good way, IMO). Here is a good article about him: https://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/in-conversation-with-cruise-ship-design-legend-joe-farcus

dctravel

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Basically everything in the fleet older than the Breeze (except the Sunshine, Sunrise, and Radiance as they have been renovated and renamed) will have the wild decor. The wildest decor is up to individual taste, but I think most people would say Splendor is up there.

Oh yes, the Splendor! With the pink & black circles everywhere and the "eggs" on the ceilings in the dining rooms. 😄

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, deelightfull said:

We're on the Miracle right now, and are really enjoying the interior decorations in the public spaces.  The individual "grapes" on the ceiling in the dining room, (not to mention the grape chandeliers!).

I love the decor in the Bacchus dining room on the Miracle because it helps me control my weight.  Normally I would overeat on a cruise, but the gaudy decor there gets me so nauseous that I can hardly eat anything 😁

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Oh yes, the Splendor! With the pink & black circles everywhere and the "eggs" on the ceilings in the dining rooms. 😄

Sounds like we need to figure out how to get a cruise on the Splendor 😁!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, deelightfull said:

We're on the Miracle right now, and are really enjoying the interior decorations in the public spaces.  The individual "grapes" on the ceiling in the dining room, (not to mention the grape chandeliers!)

Those "grapes" were originally Pepto-Bismol Pink until they changed them to the current purple and added some white lights in 2006.  That pink glow made it look more like a French Bordello than a dining room.  The purple is much more subdued especially since they also added the white lights, leaving the purple as more just accent lighting. 

image.png.d676b9ef9c9493c547ae28b60d8ecf83.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sgttami said:

I don't think I could pick a favorite interior on a ship.  I just never paid attention to it.

As long as everything was clean and in working order, I was happy!

Pretty much same here. Except recently on Venezia there was SO much red velvet and gold it was hard not to notice.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2024 at 7:53 AM, deelightfull said:

Thanks!

The Spirit also has interesting things to look at!  

20220510_211401.jpg

20220510_211348.jpg

20220510_202213.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have always liked the stained glass peacocks in Elation's lido dining room. Elation has always been the prettiest ship to me. I did enjoy the decor on Miracle too. 

Edited by mzloolue
  • Like 1