Contradictory early cabin access info received

The boarding pass for our upcoming Horizon cruise says platinum (first time for us) and priority, but also has a note saying "Stateroom access will be available at 1:30 PM for all guests, including VIFP Diamond and Platinum." So apparently we aren't getting the early bag drop off that platinum normally(?) gets.

But then we get an email from Carnival "Suite Update and Online Check-in Invitation" which says "Once on board, you will be able to access your stateroom."  Which contradicts the boarding pass. Only trouble is, we're not in a suite. Just a regular Category 8B balcony cabin.

Did we just receive the suite invitation in error, or is there something else going on?

Edited by Earthworm Jim

Since the change we have had both scenarios. Sometimes we receive an e-mail telling us our room will not be ready till 1:30 but we are welcome to drop off our bags and other times we have not received the e-mail.  Either way we have dropped off our carry-ons with no issues.  Just know that the doors to let you into your room's hallway will be closed with a sign on them telling you to come back at 1:30.

Just open the door and let yourself in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

Since the change we have had both scenarios. Sometimes we receive an e-mail telling us our room will not be ready till 1:30 but we are welcome to drop off our bags and other times we have not received the e-mail.  Either way we have dropped off our carry-ons with no issues.  Just know that the doors to let you into your room's hallway will be closed with a sign on them telling you to come back at 1:30.

Early exercise balancing carryon and opening door, but worth the effort…

• Haha 3

Just now, Earthworm Jim said:

10:30 check-in time

Depends on when you start boarding.  Our last cruise on the horizon in November on the Horizon we had same time but when they began boarding Weddings (two) then Diamonds, Plats FTTF and suites there was a traffic jam of people that tried to board that should not have been there so we did not get on till about 11:20 (not a problem) our room was ready (Havana) but they were scrambling.  Enjoy your cruise, we will be boarding Mardi Gras tomorrow. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

What change are you referring to?

We'd like to drop off our bags, but I don't want to be a jerk about it since the boarding pass clearly says no access until 1;30 even for platinum/diamond. And I have no explanation why we both got that email about being suite guests. 

Or maybe when they say no access, they mean access to remain in your cabin? 

Edited by Earthworm Jim

10 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

We'd like to drop off our bags, but I don't want to be a jerk about it since the boarding pass clearly says no access until 1;30 even for platinum/diamond. And I have no explanation why we both got that email about being suite guests. 

There are doors to hallways that are closed (for all other than suites dianinds plats and suites.  Big sign on door.  Since you are plat, you can ignore and enter

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Correct. Drop off your bags and leave. Don't linger.😎

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

The change I'm referring to is that Platinum / Diamond rooms used to be completely ready when you boarded.  (Way before 1:30).  That is no longer the case.  Just another perk that has vanished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frank12 said:

The change I'm referring to is that Platinum / Diamond rooms used to be completely ready when you boarded.  (Way before 1:30).  That is no longer the case.  Just another perk that has vanished.

Stuff happens when get to be close to 30 bill in the hole.

• Like 2

You should get an email soon for P&D guests that says you can drop off your carry-ons and then immediately leave the stateroom corridors.

It is contradictory because they really don't advertise VIFP perks anymore. It's becoming more and more obvious they'd rather nobody take advantage of any of them.

12 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You should get an email soon for P&D guests that says you can drop off your carry-ons and then immediately leave the stateroom corridors.

Thanks. Maybe they inadvertently sent me the suites email instead of the platinum and diamond email I should have gotten.  

4 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Thanks. Maybe they inadvertently sent me the suites email instead of the platinum and diamond email I should have gotten.  

They usually are sent about a week before embarkation, in my experience.

• Like 1

@Earthworm Jim, that's exactly what it has always said.  The words 'no access until 1:30p' is properly translated 'don't hang around' for Priority and 'don't even think about going near your cabin' for Blue-Gold. And the big signs on the closed fire doors say the same thing. But it's easy and allowed for Priority guests to do the quick 'drop and immediately go'. We always simply go into our open open cabin and put our backpack inside the closet. That's even true on Journeys where literally everyone is Priority.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had everyone in my cabins put the Carnival luggage tag on their carry ons so if we didn't see the steward they would know that the bags were supposed to be in the cabin closet.  Sometimes it can look like the bags were left from the prior cruise.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jsglow said:

And the big signs on the closed fire doors say the same thing. 

Before the COVID shutdown (and the resulting staffing cuts) the signs listed the exceptions for Diamond,  Platinum, and FTTF.  I guess some non-priority pax saw that and thought they could sneak in too.

Now the signs says cabins will be ready at (usually) 1:30 and don't list any exceptions. So theoretically the only people who know they can drop off luggage before 1:30 are the actual priority pax who were notified by email.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Recently wrote to John Heald about this very thing and received this answer from his assistant, Jacinta. It was the added sentence on the Boarding Passes now that had me double check. I will be dropping my luggage off as usual on my upcoming cruise.

john heald.jpg