Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Only problem is that Greg keeps his cruises "top secret" nowadays, so unless you're clairvoyant you'd never know what ship and when...

I told you about these back when you ended up booking Horizon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That's what I was concerned about because they said they would be done that week. But.....spending a day and a half on jury selection didn't have me feeling very confident.

Sister got called for Grand Jury (Tarrant County TX) - was selected and named as some kind of "scribe" so she had to keep the official tally of votes for each case. While they only go 3 days/wk, her term was for 3 months! 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Haljo1935 said:

Sister got called for Grand Jury (Tarrant County TX) - was selected and named as some kind of "scribe" so she had to keep the official tally of votes for each case. While they only go 3 days/wk, her term was for 3 months! 

Wow!

We have been on Spirit for several different trips.  Loved it.  Love the small ships.  We will be on her again April 23rd for a 14-day cruise to Alaska.  Really looking forward to it.  Have a great time Greg.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Running about 30 mins behind schedule after hitting about  10 miles of construction around rush hour.

IMG_1945.jpeg

Just kick it up to 90 mph! 😁

jk, get there safe. 

• Haha 10

Be careful, you'll be riding through rain basically your whole ride. Also have patience at the garage in Moblie. They do not like anyone lining up before the garage opens for new cruisers. Both cruises we did, they made us get out of line park and sit until 930/10 when they let you in. Time depends on the day. Also the New Orleans charge is correct.  The same company that runs the NOLA garage and porters also works this one. Same porters as well.

• Like 5

Following. Perfect timing. We embark as you disembark.  Spirit class is our favorite!  We've done at least a dozen on them over the years.  Mobile port can be...quirky.  The port area is congested (don't stop on the railroad tracks)! Too much in a small area.  Check cruisemapper.  If there is some fog, the ship will be delayed and then all "you know what" breaks out. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about your cruise.  Safe travels.      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Should be the one right below my room I think. No secret decks on Spirit so I wanted to be where I could get outside as quickly as possible.

deck 3 at the very front was my favorite place it’s a wonderful U shape walk way decorated as a jungle. Big windows, tables, and couches. Rarely anyone in it. Spent lots of time on my Alaska cruise sitting looking out the windows. IMG_8078.thumb.jpeg.08aa7a9bbde988f5ed74b869fceaece1.jpeg

• Like 14

The drive was pretty good especially once I got to those highways. Not much traffic. Weather was fine. The worst part was toward the end for about 10 miles I was stuck behind this truck going 10mph under the speed limit with his bright red flashers flashing in my eyes.

IMG_1954.thumb.jpeg.fb72b5585a0663ae077b0c2e2c0a4159.jpeg

IMG_1957.thumb.jpeg.75592b774c7cd3e132f65bc43a1996b6.jpeg

• Like 5