Saint Greg's Carnival Spirit 8-Day Bahamas - LIVE - February 17, 2024

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That's what I was concerned about because they said they would be done that week. But.....spending a day and a half on jury selection didn't have me feeling very confident.

Smart move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ours had significant issues.  We were excused a LOT.  Two drug dealers.  Prosecution main witness customer of both.  Her testimony was not sone on Friday and she went mia on a binge till Thursday.  Basically recanted her original testimony.   He got away with murder.   Learned a lot about “street justice” and not cooperating with the “system”.     

That's why I don't want to be on a criminal jury.  Some scary people are involved.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

That's why I don't want to be on a criminal jury.  Some scary people are involved.

During jury selection they ask very pointed questions of each potential juror, details on where you lived, occupation family etc.  The defendant  was smirking at me during this.  

• Like 3

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

During jury selection they ask very pointed questions of each potential juror, details on where you lived, occupation family etc.  The defendant  was smirking at me during this.  

Usually I get dismissed because my husband Craig is an attorney.  But I would be shaking in my boots if a potential murderer was "checking me out" and smirking.

• Like 6

So excited to see this.  We're on the Spirit for 15 days - only 3 port days - next spring (Panama Canal transit) and I'm a little concerned about how much the Spirit has to offer.  Looking forward to seeing your impressions. Have a safe trip!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Do you live in Turkey?  My DH and I were in Ephesus this past October.  Loved it!

Yes, Fethiye Turkey about 4 hours from Ephesus. Lived here 22 years, I’m English but husband is Turkish. Love it.

I follow your reviews, thank you for sharing your trips. 

• Like 4

My wife and I will be on the 'ole girl' (Spirit) next cruise. Our second time on her, she took us out of Seattle to Alaska in 2010. It was a WONDERFUL cruise can't wait till we're back aboard on her again. Maybe you'll give us a update on what's new?

Mac

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, fethiyeden said:

Yes, Fethiye Turkey about 4 hours from Ephesus. Lived here 22 years, I’m English but husband is Turkish. Love it.

I follow your reviews, thank you for sharing your trips. 

My pleasure!! Next trip is Japan in July so I’ll see how I can post a review of that. Maybe ports of call?

• Like 3

Always happy to see another St. Greg live, to keep me entertained and informed!! As Jamman and others have already commented, Spirit class is also my favorite! The guest to space ratio just seems to work better than the other classes. Our next cruise (Journeys 😁) is on the Pride.  We've enjoyed the Legend and Miracle, as well. In fact, Spirit is the only one in that class we haven't sailed!

I agree with your assessment of the Watling's pina coladas.  We make a point to walk up the big hill every time we're in Nassau, and we've enjoyed Junkanoo, as well. I hope you have a spectacular time.

Let's get this ball rolling!!

• Like 8

I also didn't know you were cruising again so soon and I'm not complaining, always enjoy your reviews.

Will be interesting to see life on a small ship since it seems I will be on one later this year. I almost booked Bermuda with a couple of days in NY. Even went back and reread your reviews for pointers and tips. Then I got to the initial planning stages and I panicked, big time. Maybe by next year I will be ready.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, blarko said:

Is @Saint Greg from Houston?

No. That would’ve made Galveston cruises more convenient though. I wouldn’t have been in that Webster hotel two weeks ago. Or my friend’s apartment in November.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 10

48 minutes ago, depplep said:

Ok, I can see I'm going to have to start requesting vacation time whenever @Saint Greg does a live review. It's a good thing I work remotely.

Only problem is that Greg keeps his cruises "top secret" nowadays, so unless you're clairvoyant you'd never know what ship and when...

• Like 1
  • Haha 16