LIVE FROM — Reflection, February 17

What A Market

Definitely cooler this morning for disembarkation!!  Also of note is totes aren’t automatically left for you in your cabin…available upon request.  Of course, if you didn’t know that…. Sunrise this morning from Port Everglades.

IMG_5835.jpeg

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Definitely cooler this morning for disembarkation!!  Also of note is totes aren’t automatically left for you in your cabin…available upon request.  Of course, if you didn’t know that…. Sunrise this morning from Port Everglades.

IMG_5835.jpeg

We did receive a tote in our Aqua. class room at the beginning of this cruise. 

15 hours ago, What A Market said:

Anyway, giving it a go for the first time. 

What is the cost of this service?  Please report on how you like this process when you have a moment.

I really enjoyed your live review. It has made me even more excited to board her in a few months. So sorry your final sea day’s weather didn’t cooperate but I’m sure you found great ways to pass the time!  Safe travels home!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What is the cost of this service?  Please report on how you like this process when you have a moment.

I really enjoyed your live review. It has made me even more excited to board her in a few months. So sorry your final sea day’s weather didn’t cooperate but I’m sure you found great ways to pass the time!  Safe travels home!

Luggage Valet is $29.00.  I think that’s up to two bags.

Hoping I see bags next in Phoenix.

If I see them, then the Valet service is awesome!  If not, then….. 😠 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, What A Market said:

Not to sound ridiculous, but you are right—Luggage Valet is awesome unless, in the very rare event, your bags are missing or lost. We’ve used it a couple times and it was great. I’ve read only one account on Cruise Critic where bags were lost.  You won’t know of the problem until you arrive at your destination airport and because of the multiple players involved, it was an accountability nightmare. AirTags would be helpful here. 

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Not to sound ridiculous, but you are right—Luggage Valet is awesome unless, in the very rare event, your bags are missing or lost. We’ve used it a couple times and it was great. I’ve read only one account on Cruise Critic where bags were lost.  You won’t know of the problem until you arrive at your destination airport and because of the multiple players involved, it was an accountability nightmare. AirTags would be helpful here. 

I forgot that I have Apple AirTags in each bag. I guess I’ll know if the bags make it onto the plane with me at FLL. 

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Multiple players can always  be an issue.. When we had a damaged bag once,  SW.  Locally, the airline blamed TSA..  Luckily, I had a copy of a recent  case  that says.. if checked with the airline they are responsible.  They repaired the bag!

I like the idea of the tags but we could not figure out what we needed to buy with our Samsung phones..maybe Best Buy can help?

SAFE TRAVELS..to OP  and the bags!

• Like 1

Sitting in FLL waiting for flight. 
I gave up trying to order Uber/Lyft for quick trip to airport.  I did not pre-order, which normally I do. I thought disembarking at 9:00AM would mean things were quieter. Big Nope. 

Instead grabbed a shared van. $11.00 per person. They seemed to come somewhat regularly and you didn’t need to stand in really long taxi line. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, What A Market said:

$29.00 to not have to deal with my bags at end of cruise?  
I do believe that would be worth it to me.

Thank you for your trip report. 
Thoroughly enjoyed your report.

Now I need to get a cruise booked for this year.

We have one for Feb 2025 on Norwegian, but I love Celebrity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, What A Market said:

Interesting, pre-Covid Luggage Valet Service was complimentary for upper suites.  Post-Covid it was not offered, but happy to hear it is becoming more available again.  Thanks for your great review!

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Also of note is totes aren’t automatically left for you in your cabin…available upon request. 

I’m not sure what you mean by totes. Could you explain it a little better?

17 minutes ago, High on the Seas said:

Does this help?  Just a small celebrity bag. 

IMG_0011.jpeg

Thanks. I was picturing a large box. It’s still a shame you have to ask for something that’s supposed to be already in the room. I think the directions the attendants get is not to put it in there until asked in hopes most people won’t ask

they are often tucked away in the closet..no longer displayed on the bed.

we also had to ask for the cruise card holders!

went to guest rel for  pens..cardboard cylinder!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, What A Market said:

Is that $29 for 2 bags per person or for 2 bags per room?

5 hours ago, What A Market said:

Sitting in FLL waiting for flight. 
I gave up trying to order Uber/Lyft for quick trip to airport.  I did not pre-order, which normally I do. I thought disembarking at 9:00AM would mean things were quieter. Big Nope. 

Instead grabbed a shared van. $11.00 per person. They seemed to come somewhat regularly and you didn’t need to stand in really long taxi line. 

Thanks for your thoughts and photos. We board in April so all very relevant and much appreciated.

When we disembark, we're staying at hotel in FLL for a few days. The plan was to grab an Uber/Lyft from the port but it sounds like they may be hard to come by???  If we pre-ordered for a certain time how do you make sure you're actually off the ship at the right time? 

Great postings by What A Market. I was on that cruise and had fun following along on his thread. My wife and I are staying on for the next 6 days so if any one has questions on the Reflection or this specific sailing I will try and get the answers for you. 

• Like 1