sundries shop on Rotterdam?

msteries

You can follow one of the crew members to the port "Seamans Society" store, where one can find many toiletries and small items. Apparently anyone can purchase at these small retail shops as we have occasionally done in the past, which also provide important support services for crew members far from home. 

46 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

They have a small area next to the liquor area.  Don’t count in choices and be prepared to pay premium prices.   It’s hit or miss.  

Oh so true, but do need something.  Many thanks.

We were on the Koningsdam last November and surprised with the small selection of items available at the ship store in the Liquor area.  My wife needed something for her cough and all that was available was Ricola cough drops. Had to wait until we were at port and find a local store.

14 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We were on the Koningsdam last November and surprised with the small selection of items available at the ship store in the Liquor area.  My wife needed something for her cough and all that was available was Ricola cough drops. Had to wait until we were at port and find a local store.

On Rotterdam in November 2022 the store wasn't selling cough syrup at all, and they were out of Ibuprofen.  I had to purchase it through the medical center.  They didn't say so, but I suspect that it was intentional so they could monitor for possible Covid at the time. 

~Nancy

• Like 2

I am at home, and have a had a slight irritated throat right now. Going to try the hot water and honey while watching TV tonight.  Where in the Lido do you get honey?  We bring supplies from home, but a sore throat is the worse!  I want to try that out on the ship if it works tonight.

The sundry shop on the Rotterdam is the worse of any ship I have ever been on.  

Do all ports of call have this "Seamans Society" store?  Have never seen it, but have seen crew coming back with bags from Walmart.

10 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I am at home, and have a had a slight irritated throat right now. Going to try the hot water and honey while watching TV tonight.  Where in the Lido do you get honey?  We bring supplies from home, but a sore throat is the worse!  I want to try that out on the ship if it works tonight.

The sundry shop on the Rotterdam is the worse of any ship I have ever been on.  

Do all ports of call have this "Seamans Society" store?  Have never seen it, but have seen crew coming back with bags from Walmart.

I found the honey in a jar by the coffee and tea supplies on the Noordam, next to the bank of coffee and hot water servers. It has one of those wand servers to swoop it out, and let it flow into your waiting cup. Maybe they have honey in single serving packets on other ships.