Mom and teen in same cabin, does the teen have to purchase Plus if Mom does?

suzyed

Trying to figure out if a 17 year old traveling with her Mom and the mom gets Princess Plus does the teen also need to purchase Plus even though she can't drink alcohol?

From my understanding the first two passengers in the cabin have to purchase the same package (Plus or Premier) if one does. Since she is underage her drink package will be changed to the Zero Alcohol Package. If it just the two of you then yes she would. 

6 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Are we talking about the Plus "fare" or the Plus "drink package"?  I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that just one person *could* get the Plus Drink Package.

They mean the cruise fare package.  I don't think anyone experienced is going to be looking anywhere near the standalone drink packages.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

They mean the cruise fare package.  I don't think anyone experienced is going to be looking anywhere near the standalone drink packages.

I tend to agree with your assessment but it wasn't quite clear from the initial wording...at least in my mind!  Everything inside there is just all jumbled up and sometimes it just "doesn't compute"!

Does Not Compute.gif

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I tend to agree with your assessment but it wasn't quite clear from the initial wording...at least in my mind!  Everything inside there is just all jumbled up and sometimes it just "doesn't compute"!

Does Not Compute.gif

I have the same affliction. lol

The Plus fare really isn't a bad idea for your daughter. The Plus fare includes crew appreciation of $16-$18/day/person, WIFI of $25/day/person and the Zero-alcohol beverage package of $29.99/day/person & 18% service charge. These three items would cost at least $76.39 compared to $60 for the Plus fare. I hope this helps!

44 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

WIFI of $25/day/person and the Zero-alcohol beverage package of $29.99/day/person & 18% service charge.

The value is personal. The beverage package price only really applies if you would drink enough to hit that amount. If you only have one or two drinks per day, it doesn't pay.

1 hour ago, jean-lynd said:

The Plus fare really isn't a bad idea for your daughter. The Plus fare includes crew appreciation of $16-$18/day/person, WIFI of $25/day/person and the Zero-alcohol beverage package of $29.99/day/person & 18% service charge. These three items would cost at least $76.39 compared to $60 for the Plus fare. I hope this helps!

The OP will only pay half-price for internet.  $28.50 before beverages.  Each guest needs to have a pretty good idea of what beverages per day, plus any of the other included items are of value to them.  It's best IMO to look at a couple combined (or guest 1 & 2 in the cabin) in order to make an assessment.

• Like 1