Historical prices? One year ago? Prices this year?

zitsky

I’m seeing $4500 pp round trip RDU-JFK-SIN.  Adding separate flight one way SIN-DPS.  Separate cost.  Maybe Singapore Airlines.

Travel late December 2024 to mid January 2025.  Booked directly with JAL.  Celebrity cruise air was higher last I checked.

Is there a way to find airfare prices from a year ago or any guesses if prices will FALL between now and December 2024?  For JAL or in general?

On 2/20/2024 at 4:43 AM, zitsky said:

$4500 pp round trip RDU-JFK-SIN.  Adding separate flight one way SIN-DPS.  Separate cost.  Maybe Singapore Airlines.

Travel late December 2024 to mid January 2025.  Booked directly with JAL.

I just bought tickets from LAX to SIN for similar dates and would have been hard pressed to find $4500 business class seats except on Philippine Airlines. $4500 from Raleigh on JAL (plus a bit of AA I guess to get to JFK) sounds like a really good deal to me. 

8 hours ago, SelectSys said:

I just bought tickets from LAX to SIN for similar dates and would have been hard pressed to find $4500 business class seats except on Philippine Airlines. $4500 from Raleigh on JAL (plus a bit of AA I guess to get to JFK) sounds like a really good deal to me. 

Spouse doesn’t want me to book yet until a planned trip in May.  But my job is planning and I may do it anyway.  Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Edit:  Yesterday I saw $3700 on United in Business Class but for really long layovers of 12 hours in some airports.

You don’t say what airline you purchased it on and what you paid?

Only negative is I can’t get from RDU-DPS on one ticket.  We may have to change terminals to get to a Singapore Airlines flight from SIN-DPS.  We *might* be able to use the transfer desk.

Edited by zitsky

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

You don’t say what airline you purchased it on and what you paid?

We are flying on Singapore Airlines non-stop in premium economy for $2400 round trip.  I would have searched harder for business class on One World carriers if we weren't traveling with another couple that aren't very flexible.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Only negative is I can’t get from RDU-DPS on one ticket.  We may have to change terminals to get to a Singapore Airlines flight from SIN-DPS.  We *might* be able to use the transfer desk.

I am sure that RDU to DPS tickets exist but could be really expensive.  Your question regarding the transfer desk piqued my interest so I found this link:

https://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/transit.html

To qualify as a Transit Passenger, traveller must:

• Have both flights booked in the same booking itinerary
  • Have their check-in luggage tagged-through from the origin airport to their final destination