Horizon and Magic terminal switches

Horizon and Magic are currently doing alternating 6 and 8 day cruises out of Miami. According to the Port Miami website, in recent weeks they've been departing from terminal F for the 8 day Saturday cruises, and returning the following Sunday to terminal D. 6 day cruises do the opposite.

How does that work? Do they have a shuttle to the correct parking garage at the end of the cruise? That seems like it would be a mess with everyone trying to get all their luggage onto a shuttle bus.

Just now, mz-s said:

The two terminals are right beside each other, the walk is not really any further than walking from the rear of Horizon to the front.

Terminal F parks at Garage G, since F doesn't have it's own parking. Google Maps says it's a 15 minute walk from Terminal D, past Terminals E and F, to get to the garage opposite Terminal G.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/WdVGf2a2iBTaYyPZ6

You could park at Surface Lot E (which seems to also go by the name Lot #2), which is between terminals D and F. But if the Terminals D, E, and F passengers are all trying to park in Lot E, it's going to be full.

Seems they need to work around Celebration needing to be in the same terminal for her 7 day cruises.

• Like 1

We debarked Magic 8 day on 2/4.  The night before we got a letter in our cabin stating the terminal change, and a shuttle would be provided, or else you could walk with your luggage. We did not have a car, so can't help you with how busy the shuttles were.   Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone tried to walk it?

I'm not sure if it's even practical to walk from where you disembark at terminal D to Garage G. The air photos on Google show a sidewalk from Garage D to in front of Lot E, but then it just ends at a crosswalk into Terminal E.

On the terminal side of the road there's no sidewalks or crosswalks. It looks like you'd just be weaving through all the cars coming and going to drop off luggage at each terminal.

I was hoping to avoid the shuttle since it seems likely to be slow and we have a 12 hour drive once we get to the car, but maybe there's no other good option. 

Some cruisers have posted here that they drop off their luggage at their embarkation terminal, go park at the debarkation terminal and then walk back to the embarkation terminal. It's much easier to walk between ports without all the bags. Sounds like a great idea!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mar214 said:

Some cruisers have posted here that they drop off their luggage at their embarkation terminal, go park at the debarkation terminal and then walk back to the embarkation terminal. It's much easier to walk between ports without all the bags. Sounds like a great idea!

OMG this is so simple!  IDK why I didn't think of it sooner.  Thanks!!

I walked it from F to D when I did a series of B2Bs that started at one port and ended at another but had no terminal change between the last two sailings. 

It was walkable just longer than expected. If you have a lot of luggage or mobility problems it may be difficult and keep in mind although you don't need to weave through traffic, you do need to weave through all the incoming passengers.

Beats waiting for the shuttle imo.

On 3/1/2024 at 1:37 PM, mar214 said:

It sounds like a great idea, but I wonder if this is possible in all cases.  If there's not a ship leaving out of the second terminal on a particular day there's not going to be anyone there to let you into the parking garage, and if there is a cruise leaving they just automatically charge you for the length of the cruise that the ship at the second terminal will be on, which probably isn't the same as yours.

Thanksgiving of '22 we were on Freedom out of Port Canaveral, we parked and boarded at Terminal 5 and midway through the cruise were informed that we'd be disembarking at Terminal 3 (somewhere around a 2 1/2 mile drive).  The shuttle bus situation getting us back to Terminal 5 was a total mess, it added an hour and a half to when we could start driving home.  

• 1 month later...

How do I know what terminal I'll be sailing out of and which one I'll disembark at?  I tried Port of Miami site and it didn't help.

Sailing on the Horizon May 11 - 19.

Thanks for all the great info!

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, threewide said:

How do I know what terminal I'll be sailing out of and which one I'll disembark at?  I tried Port of Miami site and it didn't help.

port of Miami has a calendar: https://wwwx.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx put in your sail date and select cruise

the location column is the terminal. terminals are A, B, C, D,E,F,G and V

for a may sailing, the website should have it a week or two prior to sail date

Edited by shof515
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 11:46 AM, Earthworm Jim said:

Has anyone tried to walk it?

I'm not sure if it's even practical to walk from where you disembark at terminal D to Garage G. The air photos on Google show a sidewalk from Garage D to in front of Lot E, but then it just ends at a crosswalk into Terminal E.

On the terminal side of the road there's no sidewalks or crosswalks. It looks like you'd just be weaving through all the cars coming and going to drop off luggage at each terminal.

I was hoping to avoid the shuttle since it seems likely to be slow and we have a 12 hour drive once we get to the car, but maybe there's no other good option. 

Done the walk several times.  You can park wherever you want,  the walk is easily done, I usually do the walk and drive around for the pickup.  Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Done the walk several times.  You can park wherever you want,  the walk is easily done, I usually do the walk and drive around for the pickup.  Easy peasy. 

Yeah, we were embarking at F and debarking at D, so we parked at garage D. It wasn't a bad walk, even rolling our bags. There's a sidewalk most of the way on the garage side of the street, then you cross and go through the Terminal E unloading area to Terminal F. Nothing was happening at Terminal E (seems like a smaller terminal) so that was easy.

On return, getting out of Garage D was super fast and easy since there was virtually no one there yet. Which was good because we had a long drive to make that day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Yeah, we were embarking at F and debarking at D, so we parked at garage D. It wasn't a bad walk, even rolling our bags. There's a sidewalk most of the way on the garage side of the street, then you cross and go through the Terminal E unloading area to Terminal F. Nothing was happening at Terminal E (seems like a smaller terminal) so that was easy.

On return, getting out of Garage D was super fast and easy since there was virtually no one there yet. Which was good because we had a long drive to make that day.

Sometimes we all walk and sometimes I go and come back for the pickup

23 minutes ago, threewide said:

This all I get, tried yesterday and today.

Blank.

Operator error, perhaps! lol

Thanks for all the useful tips!

Once I get to the Havana area, all my troubles will be over!🍻

miami.pdf 2.26 kB · 2 downloads

If you're worried about which terminal to select when booking an Uber or something, don't worry about it. Just say Terminal F and when you come out of the tunnel it'll be very obvious where your ship is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, threewide said:

This all I get, tried yesterday and today.

Blank.

Operator error, perhaps! lol

Thanks for all the useful tips!

Once I get to the Havana area, all my troubles will be over!🍻

miami.pdf 2.26 kB · 3 downloads

that's because it is too early your sailing. you will need to wait until the first week of may for their system to populate. they only have sailings from now till the end of April 

I'll be parking at terminal.

Want to park near disembarking terminal.

Can drop off the Wife and luggage, then park and take a little walk.

Just want to avoid doing in reverse order, when we have drag all our bags.

Thanks again for all the help!

4 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that's because it is too early your sailing. you will need to wait until the first week of may for their system to populate. they only have sailings from now till the end of April 

Ahh, yes April is in there.

Shows the Horizon leaving the 13th from Terminal F,

returns on the 21st to Terminal D.

The situation isn't terminal, Just want to plan for the Terminal.  lol

🤣

On 4/11/2024 at 5:03 AM, threewide said: