Indonesian Tea Time vs. Tea Time

If I remember correctly, there are different teas available and the savory/sweets offerings are a bit different. We certainly enjoyed it. 

I think this was from the Indonesian tea -

20230412_150243.thumb.jpg.02d53dce0e6e43e0f90c2b3ec56f80f7.jpg

20230412_150309.thumb.jpg.58ecba518ecebadb739ce3fe28c1291a.jpg

Edited by Overhead Fred
Added pictures
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

If I remember correctly, there are different teas available and the savory/sweets offerings are a bit different. We certainly enjoyed it. 

7 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Thanks for posting. That looks wonderful.  

Best treat at the prior Indonesia Tea besides the wonderful little green coconut-sugar crepes, was  showcasing Sumatra Coffee. Come to the Indonesian Tea for the Indonesian coffee - hope they continue to offer it - beautiful flavor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Best treat at the prior Indonesia Tea besides the wonderful little green coconut-sugar crepes, was  showcasing Sumatra Coffee. Come to the Indonesian Tea for the Indonesian coffee - hope they continue to offer it - beautiful flavor.

Sumatra coffee is our daily regular coffee at home.  I will defintely keep this in mind when we book another HAL cruise.  Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Sumatra coffee is our daily regular coffee at home.  I will defintely keep this in mind when we book another HAL cruise.  Thanks.

On the HAL two week all around Indonesia cruise a number of year ago, we picked up a bag of the infamous..... (ahem) ... "civil cat digested"..... coffee beans. With great trepidation, we served it at a family dinner with full disclosure .

We all looked at each other as we took our first sips, and to a person  we all said the same thing , wow, this is really good. Though I admit, it is still hard to shake the bean "harvesting" imagery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/25/2024 at 8:20 AM, OlsSalt said:

On the HAL two week all around Indonesia cruise a number of year ago, we picked up a bag of the infamous..... (ahem) ... "civil cat digested"..... coffee beans. With great trepidation, we served it at a family dinner with full disclosure .

We all looked at each other as we took our first sips, and to a person  we all said the same thing , wow, this is really good. Though I admit, it is still hard to shake the bean "harvesting" imagery. 

I think you meant civet cat or, more correctly, Kopi luwak. Each time I visit Indonesia I buy kopi luwak. It's not cheap but it's one of the best coffees to be found. I also bring home larger packets of Indonesian Arabica and Robusta. Taste is better than any ship coffee I've had.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

OP here.  We're back from our Rotterdam cruise. We attended the Indonesian Tea on 2/27/24. Here is the info from my review regarding the tea:

At 3pm we decided to try the Indonesian Tea in the MDR to see what was special about that.  Well it was okay.  We shared a table and conversation with a nice man.  We had a tower of goodies to share.  Some of them looked like they were probably an Indonesian Treat, while others were standard like egg salad sandwiches.  There were no choices given for tea, the server just came around and poured a ready-made pot of black tea.  So although we enjoyed it, I don’t need to repeat it and I find it a bit wasteful if you don't finish everything on the tower. 

PXL_20240227_200610493.thumb.jpg.eb4323fc8b53a90ac802cb531dfc2075.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Trish Traveler Thank you for reporting back.  That was my feeling way back in 2006 which is why I haven't gone back to a teatime on HAL.  No Clotted Cream for the scones!  It's just not anything unique or memorable unfortunately.

~Nancy