Another WiFi question

This is the first time we’ve sailed with the option of premium WiFi. I was wondering how the logistics of this works versus classic WiFi. Is there an option for a router that says classic vs premium or is it done through the say router and just receive the speed based on login?

Posted (edited)

It is totally automatic.    You create an account just like before using your portfolio number, User Name and Pin.    Then on the Selection you will See you premium account and just click it.  

After that any time you logon you will be connected to the Premium.   

Technically it is all done behind the scene and those with Classic connect to the same routers but their accounts are throttled.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As you are planning on the Premium package, as a further comment, phone calls, face time, or streaming, are only available with the Premium package.  Phone calls and face time will then be available via wifi calling.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Sorry my post wasn’t clear. We have the premium WiFi already. 

I understood that - was just clarifying what is included and requires Premium over Classic if you need those options.  Sorry if my post wasn't clear as well - lol.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

My suggestion is to head down to the IT Department and have them set up an App which they called a shortcut. It will say Home Page on your device.   You just check on the shortcut and you go right to the login page.  Easy.  

We will be in the retreat I will let them set it up, even though I’m a retired IT professional, because I want them to earn all that extra money I’m paying. 😁

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

We will be in the retreat I will let them set it up, even though I’m a retired IT professional, because I want them to earn all that extra money I’m paying. 😁

You might find the retreat concierge will send you to someone else.  And they in turn to another.

We as Jim said simply logged in.  Done by an old guy with no IT skills in a minute or two.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruise_lover_2309 said:

Can you purchase the wifi by the day? Or do you have to purchase the entire cruise?

Recently on Reflection. If you buy wifi, it's for entire cruise. Premium upgrade discount was offered 2 days before cruise end.

They also had some per minute packages, but I didn't get the details, as we had old all included classic service.

Edited by fliprcruiser

Just off the Connie.  We were able to upgrade for just one of us from basic to premium onboard.  The cost was approx $9 day, and then gave us the 30% of Elite discount.  For a 9 day cruise it cost a total of $53.  First time we have upgraded.  We enjoyed it so much and at such a reasonable price will do it for both of us next time.  We really enjoyed sending and receiving pictures with family while cruising (which you need premium to do)...now that we have experienced it I doubt we will go back as long as it is reasonably priced.

Note that the option to upgrade appeared on the app onboard.  Couldn't figure out how to do it.  Went to the desk and it isn't possible to do it yourself once onboard.  The staff were extremely helpful and had it set up for me in no time.