CCL Shareholder OBC Lives!!!

BlerkOne

Just now, Steelers36 said:

It appears to me that this was not a vote at the annual shareholder meeting.

I didn't think it was. Not on the agenda. Nor part of the initial annual report. Just something the board votes on at their discretion.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I didn't think it was. Not on the agenda. Nor part of the initial annual report. Just something the board votes on at their discretion.

Yes, this was my opinion/belief, but some seemed to think the SH voted on it.  The main thing is, it lives on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dickinson said:

Interesting that it is only til December 31 instead of extending it til July 31, 2025.

Always having an expiration date of July 31 was what was weird.

15 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Did anyone seriously think that they were not going to extend it?

Did I not say on the Carnival board that the CCL Board didn't need a shareholder meeting to approve?

This happens every year. I need to try to remember to bookmark it.

Am I missing something.  The approval for CCL OBC is only good through 31 Dec 2024.  I'm guessing that the extension approval was issued today so that approval for this OBC for cruises in 2025 would   be issued in March 2025.   So will there be a problem submitting your  request for CCL OBC if your cruise is in Jan or Feb 2025 since it would be after the approved through date for 2024 but before the extension is issued covering 2025 cruise? 

34 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Am I missing something.  The approval for CCL OBC is only good through 31 Dec 2024.  I'm guessing that the extension approval was issued today so that approval for this OBC for cruises in 2025 would   be issued in March 2025.   So will there be a problem submitting your  request for CCL OBC if your cruise is in Jan or Feb 2025 since it would be after the approved through date for 2024 but before the extension is issued covering 2025 cruise? 

My thoughts exactly.  We sail in January 2025.  Will they accept a request for Shareholders credit for these voyages?

21 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

My thoughts exactly.  We sail in January 2025.  Will they accept a request for Shareholders credit for these voyages?

Why would they? 

57 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

I would guess that it would be extended before the end of 2024 and put the benefit on a calendar year basis instead of the odd ball July 31 date.

25 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I would guess that it would be extended before the end of 2024 and put the benefit on a calendar year basis instead of the odd ball July 31 date.

It's not oddball if that's CCL's fiscal year end. (Note I don't know what their fiscal year is, but most companies use something other than the calendar year.)

1 hour ago, mahasamatman said:

It's not oddball if that's CCL's fiscal year end. (Note I don't know what their fiscal year is, but most companies use something other than the calendar year.)

CCL's fiscal year ends Nov 30.

7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Why would they? 

Well, it seems from this announcement that they won't, but when I applied earlier to stockperks, they replied back that I needed to re-apply after May 1st.  Now it appears if I re-apply at that time, it will not be successful, so it sounds like stockperks was caught off-guard by the date in this announcement.

13 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Check out the Cunard forum.

No thanks, as I am definitely not interested in Cunard. I thoroughly enjoyed wearing tie dye tee shirts to dinner on NCL last summer. I don't think that works on Cunard.

My question was actually rhetorical as I knew it was being questioned on the Carnival boards.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

10 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Why would they? 

Well ... I have evidence that they already do. My March 2025 booking on the Regal Princess and my September 2025 B2B bookings on the Emerald Princess have had shareholder OBC posted on the accounts since 2023. I haven't yet tried to apply for our March 2026 booking on the Island Princess.

Did you get that OBC applied before stockperks took over as the portal to apply through?  There didn't used to be an outer time limit, but I was told by stockperks that there now was.

15 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Did you get that OBC applied before stockperks took over as the portal to apply through?  There didn't used to be an outer time limit, but I was told by stockperks that there now was.

Yes, that was the case for me.  I had done an email for shareholder OBC back when the short lived "only one OBC (shareholder or military) per cabin" rule happened.  I had applied for all my cruises through 2025 so I could have both.  Of course, that odd rule was walked back.  Recently I added a cruise for 2024 that is in November, and tried to get StockPerks to add the shareholder OBC.  It rendered a message that I can't apply for it until June. 

3 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Well ... I have evidence that they already do. My March 2025 booking on the Regal Princess and my September 2025 B2B bookings on the Emerald Princess have had shareholder OBC posted on the accounts since 2023. I haven't yet tried to apply for our March 2026 booking on the Island Princess.

once upon a time, maybe. change happens.