I will be checking under Sink and bed now

3 hours ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Hence my earlier comment about using the bed as a trampoline for awhile and then taking him to medical when I was finished with "my work-out".

I'd rather just throw him overboard...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Several years ago there was also a report of a crew member hiding in the balcony and who assaulted a passenger while she was sleeping. Do not forget to check there also.

"I pity the fool..." (A-Team) that would try that with my wife.

I have been on the wrong side of her intentions and I have known the 'Fear of God' in her eyes on only a few occasions.

It would be similar to the scene from the Waterboy (1998) where Mama Boucher puts a whooping tackle on her husband who abandoned them when he tried to get money from Bobby Boucher's success.

😲

• Haha 2

On 3/5/2024 at 9:14 AM, link99 said:

Yes its just another thing to worry about. If it happens once it can happen again.I am serious about checking under the bed and sink each time we enter the cabin.We will be boarding in two weeks. 

My DW was always concerned about things like this.  She was always cautious and would never let the kids go out alone at night or even be in the cabin by themselves for fear of something like this.  The ship is a mini city and you still need to be careful.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 12:38 PM, Bead Pirate said:

We were on the Symphony (right down the hall from this room in fact). He was not our room steward BTW.

Amazon has a great hidden camera / microphone detector that runs on a couple AA Batteries for $50 bucks. We throw it in the suitcase whenever we travel land/sea/air does not matter. Takes 2 minutes to scan a room or can do a house in 5 minutes. Great peace of mind...

...and yes, we have found both microphones and hidden cameras (in rental housing). 

Thank you

11 hours ago, F27TW said:

I'm guessing he was hiding under the bed in hopes of hearing some bouncy-bouncy-squeaky-squeaky above him. 🤪

Maybe hoping to hear unfiltered feedback of his daily service.

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Several years ago there was also a report of a crew member hiding in the balcony and who assaulted a passenger while she was sleeping. Do not forget to check there also.

That one was horrible!  He literally attacked her and tried to kill her!

5 hours ago, Cruisin'4Us said:

When will passengers learn ... use the "Do Not Disturb" sign!

That's not going to work if you want you cabin cleaned when you aren't around. 

On 3/7/2024 at 5:22 PM, logan25 said:

Maybe hoping to hear unfiltered feedback of his daily service.

"Yeah, that's the ticket. I wanted to make sure I was doing the cabin to their satisfaction. Yeah." 🙂

On 3/6/2024 at 12:42 PM, travelberlin said:

Apparently a passenger discovered the camera under her sink and reported it. It was not an inspection 

I’ll see if I can find the article.

4 minutes ago, TheInnocentAge said:

While looking for the article I did discover that the guest in the stateroom found the camera and called security.  Sorry for the misinformation.