I will be checking under Sink and bed now

Royal Caribbean stateroom attendant arrested at Port Everglades for allegedly placing hidden cameras in guests’ rooms

Due to copyright will not link news, an easy search will find it. All over South Fl news this evening. Check those cabins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Under the bed? 

"He reportedly admitted that on some occasions, he hid under the bed while guests were in the shower."

https://wsvn.com/news/local/broward/royal-caribbean-stateroom-attendant-arrested-at-port-everglades-for-allegedly-placing-hidden-cameras-in-guests-rooms/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_wsvn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, link99 said:

The attendant was also hiding under the bed watching people as they were in the shower.

That's the worst and scariest part. Imagine someone hiding under your bed it's like a horror movie.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, link99 said:

Whoever wrote that article really needs to brush up on their writing skills. "naked females undressing "  If they were naked they wouldn't be undressing. 

• Haha 11

I would think the cameras that are all over the ship would have recorded him going in the cabins but not coming out until much later. Who knows how long he would be under the bed! I guess they don’t check the video footage unless they have a reason.
Thats super creepy!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that though.

Does he hear the shower running in a cabin then sneak inside? Or does he pick up on patterns of certain cabins and stay inside when he knows the passenger is coming back for a shower?

He'd have to have all that staked out pretty good to avoid getting stuck under the bed for hours on end.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of that though.

Does he hear the shower running in a cabin then sneak inside? Or does he pick up on patterns of certain cabins and stay inside when he knows the passenger is coming back for a shower?

He'd have to have all that staked out pretty good to avoid getting stuck under the bed for hours on end.

Maybe he was caught but claimed he was cleaning under the bed and got stuck. The passengers were probably thinking their stateroom attendant was extra thorough cleaning their room. I don’t understand the logistics of it otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

This is going to give me nightmares 

Just add this to your thoughts. Your at the Pool with your kids. They happen to need something from the room. You send them without another thought about it.  No parent should have to worry about a person hiding in there room much less a cruise line employee. its just sad.

Yes its just another thing to worry about. If it happens once it can happen again.I am serious about checking under the bed and sink each time we enter the cabin.We will be boarding in two weeks. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, link99 said:

The attendant was also hiding under the bed watching people as they were in the shower.

He would have to be the world's smallest stateroom attendant - I can't even fit our suitcases under the bed with all of the spare bedding that is always stored there😇

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

This is going to give me nightmares 

Not me.  While it is unsettling, 1 crewmember out of 28 ships and 35,000 ship's crew - not overly concerned. Hopefully it shouldn't become a trend - LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

He would have to be the world's smallest stateroom attendant - I can't even fit our suitcases under the bed with all of the spare bedding that is always stored there😇

Agree - we always put our suitcases under the bed with the rest of the stuff already there.  Would be pretty cramped quarters for him in our stateroom!

I will be sure to give them an extra shove putting them under from now on - LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1