I will be checking under Sink and bed now

51 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not me.  While it is unsettling, 1 crewmember out of 28 ships and 35,000 ship's crew - not overly concerned. Hopefully it shouldn't become a trend - LOL.

Agree, statistically more likely get stuck by lightning or fall overboard twice

• Like 1

If I would think there is someone under the bed, it becomes trampoline time as I test the mattress supports. Then it is time to get the clown to medical.

🤡

Not much room under our bed after the luggage is placed next to the additional blankets, pillows, and comforters not used on a two person voyage.

As far as the bathroom, I am with @toxicfairy, his eyes would never be right again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not me.  While it is unsettling, 1 crewmember out of 28 ships and 35,000 ship's crew - not overly concerned. Hopefully it shouldn't become a trend - LOL.

One that was caught because his camera was out in the open basically. No telling how many are not getting caught. I think it is wise to just give your cabin/hotel rooms a once over a few times a stay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Pochi Hanaki said:

One that was caught because his camera was out in the open basically. No telling how many are not getting caught. I think it is wise to just give your cabin/hotel rooms a once over a few times a stay.

I feel confident that this will not reoccur as I highly doubt if the cruise line will sit back with this or permit it to continue, and likely has already checked not only the many ships staterooms but has vetted any involved crew.  You really don't think this is - or ever was - a widespread ongoing issue at this point, do you?  And with the attention that has been focused on it, that the cruise line would continue to allow it to happen?  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 2

We were on the Symphony (right down the hall from this room in fact). He was not our room steward BTW.

Amazon has a great hidden camera / microphone detector that runs on a couple AA Batteries for $50 bucks. We throw it in the suitcase whenever we travel land/sea/air does not matter. Takes 2 minutes to scan a room or can do a house in 5 minutes. Great peace of mind...

...and yes, we have found both microphones and hidden cameras (in rental housing). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, statistically more likely get stuck by lightning or fall overboard twice

Still not comforting if it happened to your daughter, granddaughter, or wife........

16 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

We were on the Symphony (right down the hall from this room in fact). He was not our room steward BTW.

Amazon has a great hidden camera / microphone detector that runs on a couple AA Batteries for $50 bucks. We throw it in the suitcase whenever we travel land/sea/air does not matter. Takes 2 minutes to scan a room or can do a house in 5 minutes. Great peace of mind...

...and yes, we have found both microphones and hidden cameras (in rental housing). 

What is the name of that if you know off the top of your head.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

RAVIAD Detector (had to look in the suitcase) 🙂 

do you just hold it up in the middle of the room and it senses or do you have to 'scan every inch' of the walls?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Under the bed?!  On Celebrity under the bed is a basket with life jackets, a bag of the emptied fridge contents, two large suitcases, one carryon and often a bag of linens for turnaround day.  

i predict there will be 'bed guards' placed under every bed to prevent employees from hiding at some point in the future . also i wondered how these devices stay powered so long. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

And with the attention that has been focused on it, that the cruise line would continue to allow it to happen?  

Do you think the cruise line was "allowing" it to happen in the first place?

43 minutes ago, Bead Pirate said:

You just turn it on, walk around the perimeter of the room and near any furniture... very simple.

Have you ever found any hidden camera? What do you do in case you find one.

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Do you think the cruise line was "allowing" it to happen in the first place?

Of course not.  But once they found out, I would think that steps have been taken to prevent it from happening again.  

54 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i predict there will be 'bed guards' placed under every bed to prevent employees from hiding at some point in the future . also i wondered how these devices stay powered so long. 

As I go down to claim my luggage in the 'walk of shame' at 8pm for banned items on embarkation:

"Sir, our x-ray machines picked up a coil of large metal, would you watch us open it with you."

"Of course, no problem."

"It appears to be Concertina Wire, Sir. This is highly dangerous to touch."

"Yes, that is why the leather gauntlets are packed with it so I do not hurt myself installing it underneath my berth."

🤣

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, link99 said:

The attendant was also hiding under the bed watching people as they were in the shower.

That would have had to be one tiny person! And how would he see the shower even IF he could get under there. It's not like a typical bed where you could lay there and look out🤣🤦‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Pochi Hanaki said:

Whoever wrote that article really needs to brush up on their writing skills. "naked females undressing "  If they were naked they wouldn't be undressing. 

Well duh haven't you ever taken your skin off? What planet are you from🤣

13 hours ago, Pochi Hanaki said:

Whoever wrote that article really needs to brush up on their writing skills. "naked females undressing "  If they were naked they wouldn't be undressing. 

As the saying goes, being naked with socks on feels a lot more naked than being completely naked.

• Like 2

Multiple thoughts: 

- I'm with those who question how a person could get under the bed. 

- Even if he did, what kind of chance was he taking?  It's possible the guests would come in and take a long nap, trapping him for hours.  And what if an angry father or husband caught him?  

- While this guy is a serious weirdo and creep and deserves what's coming to him -- firing, for starters, I'm not getting worked up over it.  He's one idiot; let's not make assumptions about the other crew members.  

• Like 3