Koningsdam

I see no cruises for the Koningsdam from Nov. 2025 until April 2026.  What's the deal?  Anybody know?  The Nieuw Amsterdam is taking over the Hawaii and Tahiti cruises for 2026.

19 minutes ago, Sherry H said:

I see no cruises for the Koningsdam from Nov. 2025 until April 2026.  What's the deal?  Anybody know?  The Nieuw Amsterdam is taking over the Hawaii and Tahiti cruises for 2026.

I saw that. She goes SAN to FLL in Nov and comes back in April. Too long for dry dock OR charter. Figured they just hadn't worked out a mooring schedule. I did not count weeks on the calendar. Time will tell!

• Like 1

Will they send Koningsdam through Panama Canal twice? Why? There is plenty of tonnage in Caribbean already.

Will they base both Koningsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam on West Coast?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Will they send Koningsdam through Panama Canal twice? Why? There is plenty of tonnage in Caribbean already.

Will they base both Koningsdam and Nieuw Amsterdam on West Coast?

Going to the Caribbean, and coming back. Maybe there is a dry dock in the works...plus the N. Amsterdam is staying in the Pacific, not going to the Caribbean. Seems like a one ship for one ship swap.

Posted (edited)

With what looks to be 3 Pinnacle class ships in the Caribbean, I'm guessing HAL is going to go hard on the short itineraries to attract new cruisers. It could work, or there could end up being a lot of discounts closer to the sailing date.

Edited by TYCruise
spelling
  • Like 2

There's lots of new tonnage to compete with in the Caribbean and HAL offers a unique product.  They can probably fill a pinnacle class ship easier in the Caribbean (even with oversupply prices) better than the Hawaii voyages.

I believe our Jan. cruise on the Koningsdam to Hawaii was full!  I think the current Koningsdam cruise is full.  I question having a smaller ship for Hawaii, Tahiti and Mexico cruises.

I for one will miss the Koningsdam.  Love that ship!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This surprises me.  The schedule is now out with 2 Panama Canal Cruises for the Koningsdam.  Up to now the two first Pinnacles have been barred from the canal with passengers because the lifeboats stick out and interfere with the view of the pilots.  I wonder what has changed.

Roy

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

This surprises me.  The schedule is now out with 2 Panama Canal Cruises for the Koningsdam.  Up to now the two first Pinnacles have been barred from the canal with passengers because the lifeboats stick out and interfere with the view of the pilots.  I wonder what has changed.

Roy

The problem has been fixed.