O'Malley's on Sun Princess

cynbar

Can someone currently sailing confirm what hours it is open, on port days and sea days? Someone on FB said in passing that it's not open for lunch, which would be a big disappointment for us. Also, if it is open for lunch, how about embarkation day? Thanks in advance for helping with our meal planning for our upcoming cruise!

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

Maybe they'll have the pub lunch there. Sounds like a great idea to me 🙂

No chance. The Pub Lunch was an included option for all guests. O’Malley’s is a paid-for casual venue. Princess is not going to give away its Fish-n-Chips when it can sell them. I suspect that the introduction of O’Malley’s spells the end of the free Pub Lunch. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

No chance. The Pub Lunch was an included option for all guests. O’Malley’s is a paid-for casual venue. Princess is not going to give away its Fish-n-Chips when it can sell them. I suspect that the introduction of O’Malley’s spells the end of the free Pub Lunch. 

Pub Lunch Fish and Chips is on the MDR new lunch menu now too.

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

I figured that the pub offerings would appear either there or in the buffet (or both). But a stand alone Pub Lunch in a dedicated venue seems highly unlikely when O’Malley’s is selling its menu. 

• Like 1

On the Enchanted the hours are:

11:00am-Late

(Food)11:30am-2:30pm &

5:30pm-9:00pm

Right from todays edition of the official Princess event listings to answer OP's question.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Right from todays edition of the official Princess event listings to answer OP's question.

Is that the hours for both sea and port days?

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

I figured that the pub offerings would appear either there or in the buffet (or both). But a stand alone Pub Lunch in a dedicated venue seems highly unlikely when O’Malley’s is selling its menu. 

Agree

11 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

And not only that but there would not be nearly enough room for the Pub Lunch in O’Malley’s.  Is full when they hold it in one of the MDR’s.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Wouldn't they charge extra then?

18 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Is O' Malley's opened for lunch as casual dinning? I know I wouldn't go there and pay for it for lunch. I thought most of those venues weren't open for lunch. But I am getting old and suffer from crs 🤣

4 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Is O' Malley's opened for lunch as casual dinning? I know I wouldn't go there and pay for it for lunch. I thought most of those venues weren't open for lunch. But I am getting old and suffer from crs 🤣

See post #7

22 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

In a suit so I want to experience the Signature dinning room and leave those venues for lunches.

As far as I know, there is no dress code.  But if you want to wear a suit, knock yourself out! 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Interested if those hours are for the Sun Princess too. Not many people reporting back. In a suit so I want to experience the Signature dinning room and leave those venues for lunches. Same with sushi. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

As far as I know, there is no dress code.  But if you want to wear a suit, knock yourself out! 

Pretty sure that was a typo and was supposed to be suite...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, Potstech said:

Right from today’s edition of the official Princess event listings to answer OP's question.

These hours are for Enchanted. All of the Patters I have seen for Sun (albeit less than a dozen of them) the hours for food at O’Malley’s is only 5:30 PM-9 PM. 

Being closed for lunch is not going to help Princess sell Plus and Premier packages. Alfredo’s is left to do all of the heavy lifting with almost 8 hours of available casual dining compared to 3.5 hours in O’Malleys where space comes at a premium. 

It’s possible this is temporary until Sun is at capacity and then we will see lunch hours at O’Malley’s. It might also make sense to offer a pre fixe bento box at the sushi place for lunch/afternoons. 

• Like 1

Yes, since my original post I have seen the Patters that clearly show O'Malley's serves food over the dinner hours only. The lack of causal dining options on Sun Princess is just astounding to me. I can only hope that other options or pop-ups may be added before our June cruise. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 5:38 PM, startedwithamouse said:

It was really interesting and probably due to the huge number of Brits onboard, but on our cruise out of Southampton last year Fish and Chips were available everyday in the buffet and many days on the MDR lunch and dinner menu. Also, the afternoon tea was a step up on that cruise - much better and more authentic tea sandwiches and real clotted cream for the scones.  I love cruising from Southampton!!

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1