Kids in specialty restaurants

I have a couple of questions about our upcoming Oasis cruise related to the specialty restaurants. My daughter is 9, and our cruise is over Spring Break, so I assume we will see kids everywhere. However, are there any venues that are more upscale and kids might feel uncomfortable (150 Central Park perhaps)? Our most recent cruise was in NCL’s Haven and we ate at the Haven restaurant most evenings but no specialty restaurants. 

Also, I know there is a kids menu, but my daughter is an adventurous eater. She loves steak, venison, lamb, seafood, etc. Can we pay the adult price for her and/or could she order the kids food but also share some of my food? Would this also be possible with the dining packages? 

12 minutes ago, wampuscat7 said:

I have a couple of questions about our upcoming Oasis cruise related to the specialty restaurants. My daughter is 9, and our cruise is over Spring Break, so I assume we will see kids everywhere. However, are there any venues that are more upscale and kids might feel uncomfortable (150 Central Park perhaps)? Our most recent cruise was in NCL’s Haven and we ate at the Haven restaurant most evenings but no specialty restaurants. 

Also, I know there is a kids menu, but my daughter is an adventurous eater. She loves steak, venison, lamb, seafood, etc. Can we pay the adult price for her and/or could she order the kids food but also share some of my food? Would this also be possible with the dining packages? 

My grandkids loved Chop's and Giovanni's. and not sure they would have enjoyed 150 CP.  They enjoyed the atmosphere and the menus.  They basically ordered from the adult menu, without a problem.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wampuscat7 said:

Hard to say. If she likes to adventure with her dinner, I'd say any of the restaurants would be appropriate. 

• Like 1

While I  do think 150CP has an upscale feel, I also think the waitstaff would do their best make your daughter comfortable.  As fewer kids dine there, they might try to interact with her even more.  It’s wonderful if your daughter has already developed the manners and maturity for a long meal in that atmosphere.  Many kids (and some adults) would not enjoy it. Our oldest grandson had an adventurous palate from an early age; he could have enjoyed any/all the restaurants.  His sister would not have been as interested in some menus at the same age.  Just look at menus (with or without your daughter😀)

• Like 1

We have sailed on the Allure twice and the Oasis once, with our son (now 14) for a total of five nights at 150 CP.   Had a great experience each time, but favored the staff on the Allure.  Our son had the lobster each time and really, really enjoyed it.  He's pretty well behaved and was well received and treated by the staff.  Pleases and thank you's go a long way.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thank you all for your responses! We’ve looked at the menus with your daughter. If we feel like 150 CP will be too fancy, maybe we’ll make that a parents’ date night instead, but that was definitely the menu we were all the most excited about. I really appreciate all of the input. 

We went to Giovanni’s for lunch on the Oasis and my kids LOVED it. The waitress suggested straight away and our kids could all order off the adult menu if they wanted. The all did…one got the steak, one stuck with pasta, and my son got the branzino. We weren’t charged extra for any (although I did just remember my oldest is technically adult pricing. It was a fabulous experience!

• Like 1

Please take this with a grain of salt, but after eating at Chops and Hooked the last two nights on Symphony, kids should not be allowed in speciality restaurants. Having said that, we tried to keep an open mind and realize kids misbehaving is usually the fault of their parents. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

Is 150 CP reservations only?

Like most pay venues, you are likely to be able to get in without reservations, especially at off peak times.

We have always taken my granddaughter into the specialty restaurants.  She has always been taught manners and even as a small child she would do pretty good.  But we as grandparents were always ready to take her out until she could return and be good.  Some are a little harder for small kids, 150 Central Park was a long meal but at 8 yo she did great.  I disagree that they should not be allowed because in the end it is the parents who are at fault, maybe ask them to leave and let the kids stay and see how they act.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2024 at 6:51 PM, wampuscat7 said:

Thank you all for your responses! We’ve looked at the menus with your daughter. If we feel like 150 CP will be too fancy, maybe we’ll make that a parents’ date night instead, but that was definitely the menu we were all the most excited about. I really appreciate all of the input. 

150 is a little upscale but you will still see some in shorts and t shirts even on formal night. We took our granddaughter to Chop's and 150 CP when she was 10. She loved it, and she is a big eater as she is into every kind of sport. We paid adult prices for her at 150 even though now I don't think it was necessary, the meal at chops we paid for the kids meal and she was allowed to order off the full menu, I remember she ordered the Berkshire Pork belly app and the large Filet. 

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1