Door Decoration banned on Regal Princess

Btimmer

2 hours ago, SamFaniam said:

With what I have learned today, I now want to know if the pineapple was upside down...

Oh trust me, sounds like it was as much of a fuss that she was making 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, vjmatty said:

Yes. I’d get us cabins near the Lido and he’d get himself a cup of coffee or a slice of pizza. When he was too far along with the disease I didn’t take him on cruises anymore. 

I wasn’t trying to be critical just wondering. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, 555 said:

I'd hate to be the cabin steward that has to explain the rules to a cruiser who is really ticked off by the situation. 

It would take much more than a door decorations to tick me off my friend lol

Edited by cnice515
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I wasn’t trying to be critical just wondering. 

No worries, I didn’t take it as critical.  I’m always happy to answer questions if it helps others. 

• Like 1

I can totally understand why they may be banning or restricting door decorations though as so many people go OTT. I feel for the poor cabin stewards having to get past all the junk on the doors without knocking it off when they are trying to do the cabins.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cnice515 said:

Please indulge us by explaining how ANY decoration applied to a metal (i assume since magnets stick to them?) would be the cause or an accelerant for a fire?

I have seen paper, and plastic leis stuck to the door.  Not saying these would be the cause of a fire, but they certainly would burn if there was a fire.

• Like 1

We (meaning me) do one door sign, usually 16x16" with something related to the cruise. The last one in December was a simple "winter escape." I don't need it, but hubby has reduced vision and can't always see the cabin numbers. The bigger sign makes it easier to see. He's over 6' tall, so I put it above the peephole. Shouldn't be in the steward's way at all.

I do admit to taking different routes through cabin corridors to see what other people have done.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

A flat magnetic sign that stays flush on the door is likely not a big fire hazard. But as has been pointed out, what has happened is that some people have taken this way further then a simple sign just on the door. I have seen cloth banners, metallic fringe (like you see at a party store), large cutouts, balloons, full door covers, items taped around the edges of the door, etc. All of those things - besides being over the top, could likely be considered fire hazards.

This is why we can't have nice things. 🤣

I can't find any policy on the Princess site about door decorations. Hopefully, there will be clarification on what exactly it is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I can't find any policy on the Princess site about door decorations. Hopefully, there will be clarification on what exactly it is.

Give it a couple years - the Princess website is always the last to update.

• Haha 5

39 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

I couldn't find any policy, but I did read the policy that was shown to me by a supervisor onboard.  It's a full ban except for recitations approved by Princess.

• Thanks 1

What does bug me is when travel agencies with groups put signs on group member cabin doors with their agency's logo.  The door then turns into a billboard for that travel agency.  It's rare, but some agents even have the chutzpa to put business cards in a holder on their door.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

These have been some of my door decorations. I always make sure to take them down and nothing is left on the door.

Don't mean to be a butthead but I do see tape there. I get it that you use proper tape that comes off and leaves nothing behind but some use tape that isn't so cooperative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Don't mean to be a butthead but I do see tape there. I get it that you use proper tape that comes off and leaves nothing behind but some use tape that isn't so cooperative.

Nope, not a butthead and I agree with you.

The tape I use doesn’t leave a residue. I always make sure the door is clean when I leave, that’s why I take then down the night before debarkation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

Even if one did need visual cues, not sure why decorations are acceptable on ships but not in hotels.

Actually at many hotels people do decorate their doors.  We were in Tahoe recently and there were many doors down our hall decorated. 

• Like 1

Have not read all 6 pages, nor does this apply to me.  BUT...

If we are going to use the below logic, any Home Owners' Association line of demarkation is:

Anything outside the unit is Association (Princess) responsibility.

Anything inside the unit is the owner's responsibility.

The outer door is thus Princess and Princess' rules apply.  

Like it or not, Princess is going to have a few passengers who are upset.  Is this a financial gain for them?  TBD.

9 hours ago, cnice515 said:

Totally agree, but the actual door itself could be considered private property for at least your cruise. 

Would be akin to rental property, legally speaking it is considered "your" private property while you are occupying the space.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If we are going to use the below logic, any Home Owners' Association line of demarkation is:

Anything outside the unit is Association (Princess) responsibility.

Anything inside the unit is the owner's responsibility.

Except, in your scenario, we own our unit, not the HOA. We don't own our cabin. We are renting it from Princess. So they own all of it and are responsible for all of it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:23 PM, GK95 said:

Some people don’t know how to behave and end up ruining it for everyone else. 

Unfortunately, that's is the entitled, self-aggrandizing, self validating world we live in. 

10 hours ago, cnice515 said:

My DW will be decorating our door as usual until someone tells me otherwise and I have the opportunity to debate my decision.

Well, it's their ship.  The only debate might be which island you fly home from.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Agree.... always thought they took away from Princess elegance. 

Not sure why you would care about door decorations?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Nope, not a butthead and I agree with you.

The tape I use doesn’t leave a residue. I always make sure the door is clean when I leave, that’s why I take then down the night before debarkation.

I use magnets...nothing left behind.

• Like 4

Guest Snaxmuppet

At last some common sense. Another example of the race to the bottom for Princess... but at least this one is stopped

6 hours ago, CruisinCouple2010 said:

We are boarding the Ruby Princess this Saturday March 09. I am bringing a Saint Patrick’s day decoration for the door. I will see what happens.

Love it.  It is easier to get forgiveness, than permission.

• Like 2