need advice when there are two different piers

sns1

After 32 cruises with Princess, this is a first for us. 

Embarkment is at pier 21, disembarkment will be pier 2.  What have people done when it's two different piers?

Is it safe to walk from pier to pier?   We are walkers, so there are no physical issues for us.

Is there a shuttle? 

Which parking garage is better to park in?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and info.

32 minutes ago, sns1 said:

Embarkment is at pier 21, disembarkment will be pier 2.  What have people done when it's two different piers?

Is it safe to walk from pier to pier?   We are walkers, so there are no physical issues for us.

Is there a shuttle? 

This would be a better question if you stated where the cruise is departing from.

Then you might get better response posting it under Homeports or Ports of Call.

• Like 1

In my experience with Princess at Port Everglades, when this happens they have a free shuttle back to the pier you disembarked from because in this case you would be parked at the Palm Garage next to terminal 21 and disembarking at terminal 2 adjacent to the Heron garage.

• Like 2

I usually park at parkngo between the cruise port and airport. They shuttle you to and from the parking lot. Very easy in your situation with piers.

2 hours ago, sns1 said:

Is there a shuttle? 

Yes, there is a port-provided parking shuttle for those itineraries with departures and arrivals at the different piers.  You could park closer to either your departure or arrival pier, but I would think it's an advantage to walk off your ship and to your car without having to wait for the shuttle.  We are moderately fit walkers and have trekked the nearly two miles from Pier 2 to Pier 21 with wheeled luggage on a pleasant day to change ships a couple of different times, so I can tell you it's walkable and safe to do so, if you want.  HTH!

2 hours ago, sns1 said:

Sorry......what a dope I am.

We are leaving out of Port Everglades.  

Not really a dope at all.  Most of us have sailed from there and when you mention pier 21 and pier 2, it is pretty obvious in my book.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

Yes, there is a port-provided parking shuttle for those itineraries with departures and arrivals at the different piers.  You could park closer to either your departure or arrival pier, but I would think it's an advantage to walk off your ship and to your car without having to wait for the shuttle.  We are moderately fit walkers and have trekked the nearly two miles from Pier 2 to Pier 21 with wheeled luggage on a pleasant day to change ships a couple of different times, so I can tell you it's walkable and safe to do so, if you want.  HTH!

It's also hard on the wheels of your luggage. I've had to replace mine once already. 

1 hour ago, 555 said:

It's also hard on the wheels of your luggage. I've had to replace mine once already. 

It's all cement sidewalks and crossing paved roads so didn't cause us any difficulties with our wheeled luggage.  YMMV - or YWMV, as in your wheels may vary

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

drop off people and luggage at 21

drive to 2

uber/taxi back to 21 (tip well for short trip)

disembark at 2 - vehicle waiting

safe travels

That's exactly what we did two years ago when this happened to us. It worked out well and the uber was cheap.

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

It's all cement sidewalks and crossing paved roads so didn't cause us any difficulties with our wheeled luggage.  YMMV - or YWMV, as in your wheels may vary

Rolling you suitcase on sidewalks wears out the plastic wheels much faster than the smooth terminal floors. 

I found the shuttle “lines” to be chaotic with much elbowing to get on the smallish busses.  I did spot a few walkers and they didn’t look like they were enjoying themselves.  I think the park and ride back option is what I’ll be going for in June.

8 hours ago, BamaVol said:

I found the shuttle “lines” to be chaotic with much elbowing to get on the smallish busses.  I did spot a few walkers and they didn’t look like they were enjoying themselves.  I think the park and ride back option is what I’ll be going for in June.

I would not fancy that walk in June in South Florida.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BamaVol said:

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I would not fancy that walk in June in South Florida.

It wasn’t bad in December and February when we chose to walk, but June would definitely have been a whole ‘nuther story.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to report back that we used Parkbytheports and it was great.  I don't think we will ever go back to parking right at the port.  We find the port parking very confusing, even when we didn't have two different piers to deal with.  The daily rate is also cheaper. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2