LIVE from the SUN Princess - 9 Mar 2024 - 10-Day Mediterranean - Second Voyage

3 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Check my photos in post #385. Some have padding (the ones around the pool and along the side more forward). Most don’t. 

And don’t believe everything you hear on YouTube. 

And the vloggers concerned are new to Princess so don't grasp the nuances.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cr2000 said:

Thanks so much for all your informational posts and pictures, a huge help to anyone considering this ship. Wondering if you could comment on how well it handles any ocean choppiness, have you found it to be similar to other cruises or more stable given the size and design? Looking at the wave forecasts against the plotted course it does look like it's sailed through some 8/9ft swells over the past day or so, curious on your thoughts.

There has been side-to-side rolling, which was much more prevalent at the extreme aft, but overall the ride is much smoother. None of the vibrations from other Princess ships, even when the captain used a lot of power to overcome the wind to thrust off the dock. Today was so smooth I expected to look at the sea and see glass, but there were whitecaps. Very impressed. 

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vinnyv20032003 said:

OP previously wrote that overall the ship felt more stable than other Princess ships. Likely because this is the first one with an azipod.

He did report some motion in the AFT, Horizons Dining Room one evening. Overall no vibration and the cruise OP has been on has had high winds, rough seas on previous day(s).

It/she floats on a carpet of air

Edited by c-boy
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, c-boy said:

It floats on a carpet of air

To answer the inevitable questions about this, the ship’s hull has holes through which compressed air is pumped, creating a layer of air between the hull and the water. This reduces friction, and apparently smoothes the ride as well. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Well 2 minibar, set ups is great in my opinion. One for the suite & one  for Elite status? But wonder why it took them 3 days to get you the 2nd set up. I’m sure @CanadianBurger will let us know when they know.

I’m enjoying following along.

@arizonaperson, OP was upgraded to a reserve collection mini suite from post #44?, so NO 2nd minibar for being in a suite as they are not in a ‘suite’.

Edited by wallyj

On 3/9/2024 at 5:04 PM, CanadianBurger said:

The magician was Magical Bones. Quite a good show. His card skills were impressive. 

IMG_2508.thumb.jpeg.250d2bef0bb0a67e7a986e23645b8571.jpeg

Just got of Celebrity Ascent and he was a guest appearance as well and must say his card skills are impressive but the show was Meh to much talking for nothing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

We're on Silhouette next month, then Sun in October.  Comparing them will be fun.

On paper, it's a 12 year old 122 K ton ship versus a brand new 175 K ton ship.  IMHO, there is no comparison.  And I've sailed on four different classes of ships on X.

7 hours ago, wallyj said:

I think I saw there is a YouTuber on board who said this cruise is actually split into 2 segments as the first was a 5 day media invite and he was checking if he could stay on for the next 5 days, so the ships feels your 10 day sailing is actually 2 five day segments B2B.

That's Don Terris.  He's currently on board as well as JJ Cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Someone asked about Nitro Cold Brew. There’s no cold brew at the coffee places, but one of the Eatery managers said the machine they use has a cold brew setting, and to ask a drink waiter to get one. No idea if that’s what you were asking, but that’s all I got. 

Appreciate it.  Had read somewhere on line that the Coffee Currents area was supposed to have a nitro cold brew tap similar to what they have at Tim Hortons and some Dunkin Donuts.

8 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

So this is weird. Just before we left for dinner, room service came by with a complete second elite minibar setup. No idea why. Double checked the cabin number on his sheet and it was correct. He had no idea either…

IMG_2734.thumb.jpeg.9229d8b69bcfd799e7e2d699ad75f068.jpeg

I wonder if they will try and bill you for this?

8 hours ago, wallyj said:

Yes, just wanted to add info some may not have been aware. One department may not know what the other hand is doing. An enquiry to the F&B MGR would answer why the 2nd minibar setup, mistake or otherwise.

Why rock the boat?  They might come and take the second one away?  I'd be afraid to ask for any swaps - LOL.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Saw this pic on a youtube tour today. Looks like they put the padding on the loungers

image.thumb.png.75cfb320d3534899da6dfcc33525cd23.png

There were always these few in a row beside the pool that had the pads.  Nothing new here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Single. Flip over. Same as Royal class ships. 

Actually, I was surprised to find it didn’t flip over at all. The rear cushions are fixed; they don’t move at all, and there’s nothing under the bottom cushions. It would seem the only convertible couches are the ones in cabins specifically designated for 3.  

IMG_2743.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2