Queen Anne - First Setback

Just received this email this afternoon....

DiningCWCNoFreeLunch.thumb.jpg.fcb5e379823990c8c40c488aee5a8498.jpg

Cunard World Club Diamond Tier Members
We’re delighted to see so many of our Cunard World Club members on board for Queen Anne’s maiden voyage. However due to the large number of Diamond members travelling, we will be unable to offer you your complimentary lunch benefit. Instead, you will receive US$35 per Diamond member, as on board spending money to spend as you wish.*

Hmnnnn. 

Hello!  I have been a Diamond member for years and do not recall a lunch benefit as such except for the verandah lunch you can use during the voyage or in one of the pop up specialty dinner restaurants on deck 7. This email communication from Cunard is not clear.   

Deck Chair

We are unlikely to ever reach Diamond level, but can someone explain what the usual values of the complimentary lunch or evening meals at pop-ups are?

The latest pricing I can see published is less than $35, but that might not be current.

If there is any risk of not being able to accommodate everyone it would seem sensible to offer a OBC alternative. There must be many folk who only take up the offer because they would lose the benefit otherwise.

If it were us, we'd be happier to spend $70 on something else.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D&N said:

We are unlikely to ever reach Diamond level, but can someone explain what the usual values of the complimentary lunch or evening meals at pop-ups are?

The latest pricing I can see published is less than $35, but that might not be current.

If there is any risk of not being able to accommodate everyone it would seem sensible to offer a OBC alternative. There must be many folk who only take up the offer because they would lose the benefit otherwise.

If it were us, we'd be happier to spend $70 on something else.

The current value of the Diamond complimentary meal benefit on QM2 is $25pp for lunch at the Verandah or $20pp for dinner at the Kings Court Alternative Dining venue. That's if booked in advance. The prices go up an additional $5pp if booked on board.

Those booked on an early QA voyage may be able to provide pricing they are seeing for the dining venues on QA. Our booking on QA isn't until 2025 and I can't see any pricing for the dining venues on that booking yet. Perhaps someone on an earlier QA voyage may also be able to offer details about at which venues the Diamond complimentary meal benefit may be used on QA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

No, the first setback was moving the maiden voyage from January to March. Then it was moved to May. So this is at least the third setback.

I don't think there was ever a Maiden Voyage scheduled for March, the delay was from January to May announced in late 2022.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

No, the first setback was moving the maiden voyage from January to March. Then it was moved to May. So this is at least the third setback.

March was never a thing it was moved from January to May 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winifred 22 said:

March was never a thing it was moved from January to May 

Yep, never any March trip scheduled. Ours was moved straight away from January to May.

On a more related note, I can't say I'm too surprised. Of course the first (and arguably most risky) trip will primarily be sailed by frequent Cunard travellers, those who most likely have Diamond as well.

We'll of course try to book as many of the speciality restaurants as possible, and I'm sure the $35 per-person onboard spend will help with that.

It does however raise the argument of expiring memberships, which has been discussed on this board before (though I can't remember the thread where).

39 minutes ago, MylesS said:

... It does however raise the argument of expiring memberships, which has been discussed on this board before (though I can't remember the thread where).

One thread where we've discussed expiring membership levels was the "Cunard World Club Survey" thread from this past August. One of the questions Cunard asked on that Cunard World Club survey was how much we agreed or disagreed with this statement.

"It is reasonable for points to expire if I don’t cruise for 5 years"

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I don't think there was ever a Maiden Voyage scheduled for March

There definitely was, because we were booked on what was supposed to be the second cruise in March.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

There definitely was, because we were booked on what was supposed to be the second cruise in March.

From the original email, which also stated the Maiden Voyage I was booked on would be moved from January to May

c81ea49fce99af19058058c1.png

Edited by MylesS

3 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

You may have been booked to sail in March but that wouldn't have been the second cruise. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bluemarble said:

One thread where we've discussed expiring membership levels was the "Cunard World Club Survey" thread from this past August. One of the questions Cunard asked on that Cunard World Club survey was how much we agreed or disagreed with this statement.

"It is reasonable for points to expire if I don’t cruise for 5 years"

I’d modify policy by stating WC membership level would be dropped down one level for every five years without taking a voyage. That way the real loyalists/regulars would continue WC benefits. 
If someone takes a World Voyage and doesn’t book anything for 10 years, is that pax still a loyal Cunard WC Diamond level member?

17 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Whereas on the second cruise, we got the email, but not that bit. The fact that it is 14 days may help.

Am on the second cruise - may I ask which email are you referring to, had so many!

13 minutes ago, Antonio82 said:

Am on the second cruise - may I ask which email are you referring to, had so many!

Mine was headed ‘Your Cunard voyage’ and came yesterday.

4 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Mine was headed ‘Your Cunard voyage’ and came yesterday.

Thanks, got it. Still can't reserve speciality restaurants on My Cunard.

8 minutes ago, Antonio82 said:

Thanks, got it. Still can't reserve speciality restaurants on My Cunard.

No, nor any idea of prices, nor any idea of where Diamonds can have a free meal.

• Thanks 1