Late Flight Barcelona - Luggage

sasset

Posted (edited)

We have a late, 740 PM, flight out of BCN following our transatlantic. Anyone know how early we can check our bags through (KLM) at check in? Website info doesn't match phone info. We would like to rid ourselves of our bags and get into Barcelona. Conversely, is there a reputable luggage storage service in the terminal?

Thanks.

Edited by sasset
clarification

Sorry for the confusion starting this post.

We have a late, 740PM, flight out of BCN following our transatlantic. Anyone know how early we can check our bags with the airline (KLM)? Phone info is at odds with website info. We would like to rid ourselves of the bags and get into Barcelona. Is there a reputable luggage storage service at the airport?

If I understand your question, what we like to do is a city tour before a late flight.  Leave the ship at 8-9am, do a tour all day.  Let the tour guide handle the luggage, preferably in some secure way like having a separate driver with the van/car holding the luggage while we tour around.  Then get to the airport a few hours before your flight.

In December we have a cruise Bali to Singapore and we'll do a city tour on the way to the airport.  I know, there's too much to see in a day but our entire vacation is already pretty long.

What I will not do again is a Celebrity last day excursion to the airport.  We did that in Buenos Aires along with maybe 20-30 other people.  We put 2-3 bottles of wine in our luggage and found it at the end of the day OUTSIDE the terminal in 85F heat.  The wine was OK, I think, but at least one of the corks was slightly pushed out.  The terminal was only 10 feet away and they could have stored the luggage inside.

There's an app called Bounce that has local neighborhood luggage storage in most major cities around the world.    I've used it a number of times and works well.   Many of the places are Laundries, Convinces Stores and Restaurants. 

There is a luggage storage company inside BCN at both terminal 1 and terminal 2.  One is open 24/7.  Do not remember the cost.

You can look them up by searching for luggage storage at Barcelona Airport.

KLM will left you leave your luggage at a most KLM lounges if you have access.

Posted (edited)

There is also bagsansgo, a company that will take your bags at the cruise port, deliver them to the airport and keep them there until your flight for a small fee (24€ per 2 bags). We have not used them yet but they get excellent reviews.

Edited by cavaaller

I have used Bags and Go many times. They do get your luggage to the airport and you can pick it up there. Currently a taxi to the airport is 45 Euro. So it´s cheaper to let them transport your luggage than going to the airport, store your luggage there and then go back into the city.

We usually take the airport bus from Placa Catalunya to the airport after visiting the city.

It´s pretty unlikely that you can already check your bags with the airline in the morning. LH doesn´t do this so I doubt that KLM will do it. The check-in isn´t open that early. They usually open up app. 3 hours prior to the (first) flight (of the airline that day - and then they might not allow to check in bags for a late flight).

steamboats

I have used bagsngo several times in Barcelona. They have a stand right by where you collect your luggage off the carousel when disembarking the ship.

Barcelona Locker + Luggage Delivery - Book Now - 24/7 Service (bagsandgo.com)

Allow time to collect the luggage at the airport.  And make sure it is delivered to the correct terminal as they are spread out! 

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

I have used Bags and Go many times. They do get your luggage to the airport and you can pick it up there. Currently a taxi to the airport is 45 Euro. So it´s cheaper to let them transport your luggage than going to the airport, store your luggage there and then go back into the city.

We usually take the airport bus from Placa Catalunya to the airport after visiting the city.

It´s pretty unlikely that you can already check your bags with the airline in the morning. LH doesn´t do this so I doubt that KLM will do it. The check-in isn´t open that early. They usually open up app. 3 hours prior to the (first) flight (of the airline that day - and then they might not allow to check in bags for a late flight).

steamboats

Thanks. How do you collect at the airport? Are they held in a secure airport location?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, sasset said:

Thanks. How do you collect at the airport? Are they held in a secure airport location?

Go to the prior post.  Bagsngo has an area where they you pick the bags up bear the luggage return.  Of course they are secure.  Think how airlines store bags at your local.airport in a secure room.

Am glad they are operating cruise terminal bag pickup again.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1