Eclipse vs Reflection - Thoughts & Opinions?

I am interested in opinions on comparing the Eclipse and Reflection ships - likes, dislikes, main differences, etc.

We have been on the Reflection twice, (most recently in November 2023) and were very happy with it but I am now comparing 2 similar itineraries (8 or 9 days Caribbean in November 2024) and would like to know more about the Eclipse in comparison. TIA 😀

I like the sunset bar better on Eclipse, along the wall instead of an island.

I like having the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection rather than the hot glass show.

My favorite room on S class is on the pool deck, so doesn’t exist on Reflection since there are no cabins on the pool deck.

I think the Sky lounge is bigger on Eclipse because it lacks some suites that are on that deck of the Reflection.

Reflection is the most different of all the S class. It has a higher passenger capacity, some find it feels more crowded but I haven’t noticed that.

If you want to try something slightly different then pick Eclipse.

• Like 2

QUOTE..."Reflection is the most different of all the S class. It has a higher passenger capacity, some find it feels more crowded" 

I completely agree! We have cruised on all 5 of Solstice class ships and the Reflection is our least favorite!! 

1 minute ago, Loracpin2 said:

QUOTE..."Reflection is the most different of all the S class. It has a higher passenger capacity, some find it feels more crowded" 

I completely agree! We have cruised on all 5 of Solstice class ships and the Reflection is our least favorite!! 

Funny, we like the Reflection best of all.  There's much more seating on the deck outside of the Ocean View Cafe.  But, I do miss the glass shows and the ability to blow glass.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, baypeople said:

Funny, we like the Reflection best of all.  There's much more seating on the deck outside of the Ocean View Cafe.  But, I do miss the glass shows and the ability to blow glass.

Our favoirite is still the Silhouette for one special reason.

As we were sailing out of Sicily one evening in September 2015, we saw Mt. Etna erupt from our port side balcony. Listening to the rumbling sounds and then watching the lava flow was an overwhelming experience.

It was the only topic at dinner that evening for those who got to see it, not realizing that the majority of those who were still in their cabins on the starboard side of the ship when it happened didn't. 

Edited by Loracpin2

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Me too because of the crowds.  That said still prefer it vastly over E class. 

• Like 1

Cruised both.

Whilst generally we didn’t find Reflection that much busier than Eclipse we did poolside and in the buffet on sea days. However, we did enjoy having the two extra speciality restaurants on Reflection (Lawn Grill and Porch). 

If you are cruising in a suite then you may also find Luminae and the suite lounge busier on Reflection than Eclipse as there are more suites on Reflection.

Personally I would cruise either again happily. The only other think I would suggest you investigate is if either ship is due a refit before cruising as neither have had an upgrade in some time…

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Cruised both.

If you are cruising in a suite then you may also find Luminae and the suite lounge busier on Reflection than Eclipse as there are more suites on Reflection.

We have cruised both as well, in Sky suites.  You point out the biggest difference here.

• Like 1

Blu restaurant is definitely more crowded on the Reflection.  Reflection in general felt more crowded to me as well.  However, the Lawn Club Grill is a nice perk on this ship.  

Eclipse has the full Sky Lounge.  The glass blowing does nothing for me.  Money maker for the company.

I would cruise both again as been on each over 3 times.  

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We have cruised both as well, in Sky suites.  You point out the biggest difference here.

You know, it is funny but we struggled after our first few days on Reflection to comprehend why we felt Michael’s Club just wasn’t as nice as on our previous S class experiences…Odd as the lounge lay out was better….I guess it came down to service just being that bit less personal owing to the number of suites being served. Certainly not a big deal. Generally no complaints at all around the ship re service, it wouldn’t stop us cruising her again but there was a difference.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

You know, it is funny but we struggled after our first few days on Reflection to comprehend why we felt Michael’s Club just wasn’t as nice as on our previous S class experiences…Odd as the lounge lay out was better….I guess it came down to service just being that bit less personal owing to the number of suites being served. Certainly not a big deal. Generally no complaints at all around the ship re service, it wouldn’t stop us cruising her again but there was a difference.

I'll take Luminae any day on either Reflection or Eclipse over Luminae on any E-Class ship.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I'll take Luminae any day on either Reflection or Eclipse over Luminae on any E-Class ship.

As much as I loved the Edge, Luminae on Summit was so much more intimate and quiet.  Though I will say, the service in both was stellar!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We still haven’t tried E class…. Next cruise a return to M class.

We have cruised on both but the Eclipse was pre-Covid. The crew was super friendly and I liked the glass blowing experience. We had a Concierge cabin that was a bit noisy- I wish I could remember the cabin number. But our parents had a regular balcony cabin with a larger veranda and it was quiet as can be. Our waiter in the main dining room was amazing.

The Reflection we were in a Aqua class room and it was very nice. The Blu staff was very accommodating, and the food was very good. The overall staff wasn't quite as friendly (but it was post Covid so it's likely somewhat due to that.) I also LOVED the Lawn club grill; so much that we ate there twice. I am celiac and can't eat gluten and the waiters went above and beyond to be sure my food was gluten free.  They went to the main dining room to get me dessert because their menu had nothing gluten free. 

I would definitely sail on both again. (actually, we have a cruise booked on the Reflection for the ABC islands)

Janet