“Unspoken” Suite Perks (Caribbean Princess)

So I’ll be in a penthouse suite (S4) in September.

first time in a suite as well as first time on the Carribean princess (all other princess cruises were on Royal class)

what are some of the “unspoken” suite perks. 
I know about laundry, mini-bar, suite lounge, and Sabatini’s breakfasts…

thanks!

21 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

So I’ll be in a penthouse suite (S4) in September.

first time in a suite as well as first time on the Carribean princess (all other princess cruises were on Royal class)

what are some of the “unspoken” suite perks. 
I know about laundry, mini-bar, suite lounge, and Sabatini’s breakfasts…

thanks!

Suite lounges only exist on Royal class ships not the Caribbean 

Hate to rain on your parade, but there aren't really any "unspoken" suite perks.

In my opinion, Princess doesn't do enough to distinguish the suite experience from the other cabin classes. Compare to NCL, for example, where you'll find, butler, concierge, exclusive sun deck, pool, lounge, restaurant, and back in the day when such a thing might have mattered, a portable ship phone (!) same as the officers carried. All of these delivered through about a half dozen different suite categories (3 bedroom Garden Villa ftw!).

Everything Princess offers for suite guests is pretty well covered. No secrets.

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And dining of course in the Reserve Dining Room, which is always a treat for us! 😁

Yes no wait ever. Also Sabatini’s breakfast are a treat plus complimentary specialty dining embarkation night

• Like 1

You get air lifted off the sport deck and flew all the way to your front door of your home after your cruise and they send you off with a farewell bottle of $300 champagne 🍾..........

......🤣😂🤣😂 just kidding!!!!

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And dining of course in the Reserve Dining Room, which is always a treat for us! 😁

Which one is the “reserve” dining room? Or is it like a special “section” of one of the normal dining rooms?

9 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Which one is the “reserve” dining room? Or is it like a special “section” of one of the normal dining rooms?

An area of a MDR usually midship on deck 6 with its own entrance

9 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

It's a corner section of one of the existing MDRs. Da Vinci on my last cruise. Picture one of the dining rooms which you can enter on either the port or starboard side. In the case of Reserve Class, they'll take the port side entrance and call it Reserve Class, put an extra item on the menu, assure you have no wait, and will make every effort to keep other folks from wandering into your dining area.

25 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

It’s in a special section of one of the main dining rooms, usually midship on deck 6. If I recall it’s on the starboard side of the Coral DR on deck 6 on tge Caribbean Princess.

18 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

It's a corner section of one of the existing MDRs. Da Vinci on my last cruise. Picture one of the dining rooms which you can enter on either the port or starboard side. In the case of Reserve Class, they'll take the port side entrance and call it Reserve Class, put an extra item on the menu, assure you have no wait, and will make every effort to keep other folks from wandering into your dining area.

I remember when we were on the Regal, it was on the port side. On the Sapphire and the Diamond, and if I remember correctly on the Caribbean, it’s on deck 6 on the starboard side.

32 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I remember when we were on the Regal, it was on the port side. On the Sapphire and the Diamond, and if I remember correctly on the Caribbean, it’s on deck 6 on the starboard side.

It's on the opposite side of whatever side you turn to first when coming down the stairs or exiting the elevator. Always the other way.

• Haha 2

You'll get priority tendering too, same as Elites.  Suite breakfast is my favorite perk on a non-Royal class ship.  Oh, and you can order off the MDR menu through room service and have it delivered to your room.  The only down side is that they deliver everything at once so keep that in mind if you're thinking about getting ice cream for dessert.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

It's on the opposite side of whatever side you turn to first when coming down the stairs or exiting the elevator. Always the other way.

It all depends which stairs you are talking about

@KarmaCruisers

I have not sailed in a suite while cruising,but this is a bunch of information, I gathered.

Priority services & amenities

• Priority Embarkation & Disembarkation at the beginning and end of your cruise
  • Priority Disembarkation at tender ports
  • Exclusive Disembarkation Lounge
  • Priority Onboard Shore Excursion Reservations
  • Priority Line at the Guest Service Desk
  • Exclusive Elite Lounge with Complimentary hors d'oeuvres on select ships

Suites-Includes all the fine amenities of a spacious Reserve Collection Mini-Suite plus:

• Approx. 460 to 932 sq. ft., including balcony
  • Luxury balcony furniture including 2 loungers, 4 chairs, table and ottoman
  • 2 floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Separate sitting area with sofa bed, chair and 2 tables
  • One complimentary mini-bar setup and free daily bottled water
  • Spacious closet
  • Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning services
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation evening^
  • Priority specialty dining and shore excursion reservation
  • Priority disembarkation at tender ports
  • Comfortable queen or two twin beds▲
  • Refrigerator
  • Two flat-panel televisions
  • Private bathroom with tub and separate shower
  • 100% cotton, high-thread count linens
  • 24-hour room service†
  • Desk with chair
  • Hair dryer & fine bathroom amenities
  • Digital security safe

▲ 3rd/4th berths available in select cabins.
^ Applicable on cruises six days or longer. Reservations can be made once onboard your ship.
† Guests may call for room service delivery or order through OceanNow® in the Princess® Cruises app at any time of the day or night. Guests with the latest Princess Plus and Princess Premier packages enjoy OceanNow® and room service delivery with no charge. Otherwise, a one-time access fee of $14.99 USD per person per voyage will apply for OceanNow® delivery and a $5 USD room service fee will apply for each order placed by stateroom phone. Limitations, restrictions and conditions apply.
^^ Full suite guests enjoy a complimentary mini-bar setup and do not receive the 750ml bottle of wine.

Premier dining on your schedule

• Exclusive Reserve Dining in the Main Dining Room for breakfast and dinner daily as well as lunch on sea days
  • Priority Specialty Dining Reservations
  • Upgraded Priority Room Service Menu with full lunch and dinner offerings
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Mimosa Breakfast (daily)- in Sabatini’s on Caribbean Princess 
  • Complimentary Specialty Dining Dinner on embarkation day
  •  
  • Spacious staterooms up to 932 square feet with large balconies
  • Princess Luxury Bed
  • Balcony with Upgraded Patio Furniture (two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs)
  • Separate seating area with coffee table and a sofa bed
  • Two floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Private bathroom including tub and separate shower with privacy door
  • Two flat-panel satellite TVs
  • Spacious Closet
  • Digital Security Safe
  • Desk & Phone
  • Hair Dryer
  • Refrigerator & Granite Bar Area
  • Upgraded robes?

Exclusive reserve dining

There’s nothing quite like the Reserve Dining experience. Think private entrance to an exclusive area in the main dining room. (And on Sun and Star Princess® – a private restaurant!). Expedited seating and dining on your own schedule, no reservations needed. Menu options just for you, including a daily chef’s special. And a dedicated waitstaff to respond to your every request. It’s sure to be your favorite way to dine at sea!

Afternoon tea set up in suite on port days?

Reserve D.R. Is Coral Dining Room, deck 6 midship,enter on starboard side onboard Caribbean Princess 

Posted (edited)

We were in a suite on the Caribbean twice the past year.  Additional perks:  fruit basket which was replenished; automatic canapes and chocolate covered strawberries on embarkation and formal nights; lotus spa shampoo and conditioner; and slippers and upgraded robes.  If you don't want the canapes on formal nights, call room service to cancel.  Afternoon tea service is upon request. In reserve dining there was an additional entree offered every evening in addition to a pasta or desert created by the head waiter on alternating evenings.  The first sea day we were invited to a suite "happy hour" in the Wheel House to meet with the ship's officers.  

Edited by Sea&SkiCruiser

Posted (edited)

We were in a suite on the Caribbean last July.  The priority boarding allowed us to get to reserve time in the Sanctuary.  We enjoyed our complimentary 1st night specialty dinner at Sabatini's (which was awesome), as well as the suite breakfasts also at Sabatini's.  Priority tender to Princess Cays - we were on the 1st tender over which allowed us to find loungers under a tree, in front of the bathrooms, and by a bar.  Reserve dining was the bomb!  Never had to wait and the staff was amazing.  Chocolate covered strawberries, canapes, champagne, and the mini bar were nice touches.  We got invited to the Captain's cocktail party.  On our sailing, the elite lounge drinks and appetizers were hosted in Skywalker's Lounge.  Priority disembarkation was nice too.  We loved our suite experience on the Caribbean!  

ETA - you also get complimentary access to the Thermal Suite.  

Edited by MTNest93
Forgot content

Reserve MDR: It's called the Coral Dining Room (Starboard side/Fiesta Deck 6).  

Suite Breakfast:  Sabatinis (Deck 7).  Or off the menu.  If it is on the ship, Assistant Manager will try to provide you with your request.  A friend of mine detailed a very specific breakfast for his wife.  Sure enough...close,  I've tried asking for crab/avocado omelette...sometimes, but couldn't convince the Assistant Manager for lobster...or even lobster tortelli (lol) as they were making them.

There is no concierge's lounge...but their is a designated concierge on the Caribbean Princess.  You have to track him/her down through Customer Service.  They may be able to help you with some of your requests.  

You will have a Meet and Greet cocktail hour with the officers.

All of the above is accurate as of October 2023.

There is access to the Thermal Spa.  In my opinion, it is very lacking in offerings.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I've seen it on different sides depending on the ship...don't recall which ones, though.  I always end up being directed to the other door! 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've seen it on different sides depending on the ship...don't recall which ones, though.  I always end up being directed to the other door! 😄

If you are facing the dining room the Reserve entry is on the left on Grand class and on the right for Royal class. At least on every cruise we have taken since the restart