Celebrity really needs a Proof Reader

Jim_Iain

tire : a verb : to begin to feel as if you have no energy and want to rest or go to sleep, or to make someone feel that way.

tyre : a noun : a rubber covering, typically inflated or surrounding an inflated inner tube, placed round a wheel to form a soft contact with the road.

I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC
It highlights for my review
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I ran this poem thru it
I'm sure your pleased to no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My checker told me sew.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Adding to the fun - on Beyond the Retreat Welcome Letter misspells the last name of Captain Kate as "Mc Cue " with the space.  The letter presumably gets used 190x every cruise over three months or until the next cruise if they catch the typo. 

Edited by Cap_D

10 hours ago, Cap_D said:

Adding to the fun - on Beyond the Retreat Welcome Letter misspells the last name of Captain Kate as "Mc Cue " with the space.  The letter presumably gets used 190x every cruise over three months or until the next cruise if they catch the typo. 

on our last Silhouette we had a special leaflet from the Excursions Dept. with 4 or 5 special offers. Unfortunately all the offers were for the previous cruise. I took the leaflet to Julie, the Guest Relations Director who is famous for her sense of humour, and she phoned the boss of the Excursions to tell him she had " two special clients who were interested in one of the excursions but what time would they need to be ready to get the flight?"  Happy memories.

As an aside never miss Julie when she is in Liars Club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the penguins said:

on our last Silhouette we had a special leaflet from the Excursions Dept. with 4 or 5 special offers. Unfortunately all the offers were for the previous cruise. I took the leaflet to Julie, the Guest Relations Director who is famous for her sense of humour, and she phoned the boss of the Excursions to tell him she had " two special clients who were interested in one of the excursions but what time would they need to be ready to get the flight?"  Happy memories.

As an aside never miss Julie when she is in Liars Club.

Celebrity is becoming known for its ineptness being the entertainment.   Hope the rest of your room was cleaned.  When material is leftover from a prior cruise one wonders if it's gross incompetence and the sheet was distributed to all guest rooms fresh, if the room has simply not been cleaned, or both. 

Edited by Cap_D

29 minutes ago, Cap_D said:

Celebrity is becoming known for its ineptness being the entertainment.   Hope the rest of your room was cleaned.  When material is leftover from a prior cruise one wonders if it's gross incompetence and the sheet was distributed to all guest rooms fresh, if the room has simply not been cleaned, or both. 

Not left over it came with all the leaflets, daily planner etc - just a human error we all saw the funny side off

59 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Not left over it came with all the leaflets, daily planner etc - just a human error we all saw the funny side off

Makes you wonder how everyone else was so perfect in their jobs 😉

because I would screw up daily when I work and I still screw up daily 

and it usually the small things I screw up 

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

And a quick scan here tells me that quite a few need not apply for the Celebrity proof reader job.

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I was a radio announcer for many years and can tell you, when I made ANY mistake on air I was going to hear about for days.

On 3/13/2024 at 4:39 PM, the penguins said:

I once read a novel about a guy called Bill Posters who spent his life dodging the police while he tried to find out what he was being prosecuted for. Can't remember the ending but it might be available on Kindle.

And he lived with Trespassers W (aka Trespassers William)...

On 3/14/2024 at 3:39 AM, the penguins said:

Oh dear "teen-age" another word/phrase we can't use. Our grandson insists he will be a "teen" in June not a "teenager". Oh yes and when I ask how he got on at Ice Hockey his standard reply is "it's just hockey Grandpa". 

Everyone knows it's "teenybopper"! (Yes, I am old...but try that one for a different flavour of response, lol.)

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

we, or at least I, have the advantage of a "Boss" to keep us in check. Inevitable it's the Posts that the Boss hasn't approved that get me in trouble. After over 50 years I am still "in training".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike981 said:

I was a radio announcer for many years and can tell you, when I made ANY mistake on air I was going to hear about for days.

I used to commute in and out of Liverpool Street Station, London and the delays became so frequent that the Station Announcer used a different reason for each day of the week i.e. Monday was always signals, Tuesday was always driver shortage etc. Made no difference to us and she she got a cheer from the regulars each time. The Bosses removed her from the job but not before she said good bye over the station system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

Everyone knows it's "teenybopper"! (Yes, I am old...but try that one for a different flavour of response, lol.)

maybe a language difference but to me that's a reference to dancing and that certainly doesn't apply to our grandson. Now if you have an American phrase/ word for a Goalie in Ice Hockey we would be happy to try that.🤣

2 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If he likes teen just go with that 😉

He likes teen.

It's just that Ice Hockey (it's just Hockey Grandpa!) is or was a complete mystery to us. At least now he plays in goal we can always spot him on the Rink. We also know his dad has "heart failure" every time Jack has a Shut Out - he offered to take Jack to dinner at a restaurant of his choice for every Shut Out. Was OK when Jack chose Cracker Barrell but now he picks up market steak houses at $150 a head. Our long term retirement plan is also tied to Hockey as our Grandson frequently tells us about the mega dollars top players earn to which we remind him that as we pay a third of his fees a third of that money would be ours. He is not convinced 🤣 but he has agreed to pay for us to do 2 cruises as year.

9 minutes ago, the penguins said:

He is not convinced 🤣 but he has agreed to pay for us to do 2 cruises as year.

Seems pretty fair.  Think of all the 'soccer moms' out there driving budding Ronaldos around with little hope of future compensation.

50 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Seems pretty fair.  Think of all the 'soccer moms' out there driving budding Ronaldos around with little hope of future compensation.

There is always hope.

How Premiership teams identify potential stars at 6 and 7 years old is beyond me.

Our grandson has just finished his first full season as a goalie and was the top one in the league for most shut outs, least goals conceded and best % saves ratio. Not that we are biased.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, the penguins said:

There is always hope.

How Premiership teams identify potential stars at 6 and 7 years old is beyond me.

Our grandson has just finished his first full season as a goalie and was the top one in the league for most shut outs, least goals conceded and best % saves ratio. Not that we are biased.

Yes...there's always hope....our son was an elite goalie, progressed pretty far in the system....now he's in insurance...LOL.  But it's lots of fun following along.  Very time consuming but it really keeps the 'kids' out of trouble (for the most part). I wish him success!

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Yes...there's always hope....our son was an elite goalie, progressed pretty far in the system....now he's in insurance...LOL.  But it's lots of fun following along.  Very time consuming but it really keeps the 'kids' out of trouble (for the most part). I wish him success!

thanks. Not so time consuming for us as we only get to Dallas twice a year. We keep in touch via Skype and follow his stats on an App. He is never more animated when he is talking about his latest match unless he has conceded, what he deemed to be a, soft goal then we stay well clear for about half an hour.

4 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

“It's just that Ice Hockey (it's just Hockey Grandpa!) is or was a complete mystery to us. “

I feel that way when ever I see cricket being played 😉🤣

with all the different versions that have been introduced to make it a "one day" game that the TV likes it's hard for even the most devoted fans to keep up.