Blu on Celebrity Beyond

saphir

I will stay in Aqua Class and I can’t reserve at Blu.  I was able to make reservations at all the other restos.

is it normal? Thank you.

1 minute ago, saphir said:

I will stay in Aqua Class and I can’t reserve at Blu.  I was able to make reservations at all the other restos.

is it normal? Thank you.

On the Beyond, there is Anytime Dining in the 4 MDRs.   I had booked but when I got there was told there were no reservations.  At least, that was on our cruise.

Yes, your experience is normal.

2 minutes ago, Cruizn2024 said:

My understanding is that Blu replaces the Main Dining Room if you are in an Aqua Class cabin. No reservation required.

Correct in that it is in place of the MDR.  Just want to be sure the OP realizes that you are not required to eat there.  You can go to any other restaurant on board if you want.  And if desired, the MDR menu items can be ordered in Blu also.

13 minutes ago, keesar said:

On the Beyond, there is Anytime Dining in the 4 MDRs.   I had booked but when I got there was told there were no reservations.  At least, that was on our cruise.

Yes, your experience is normal.

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, Cruizn2024 said:

My understanding is that Blu replaces the Main Dining Room if you are in an Aqua Class cabin. No reservation required.

Thank you.

Blu does not take or require reservations.   First come first served.    If you want you can also dine in any of the main dining rooms.   I have never done that but I think some do. 

It is like  any restaurant.   If you get there 30 minutes after they open you may have to wait for a table to open.  Get there when they open or about 1 hour or so  later when the early birds are wrapping up.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

12 hours ago, saphir said:

Thank you.

Blu is the dining room for those sailing in Aqua class.  Blu is the primary reason most people book Aqua.  There are no reservations taken for Blu, just go when you are ready.

Last year on the Beyond we had aqua class and went to Blu the first two evenings.  We found Blu was so noisy and the tables very close together, service was unimpressive as well as the food and we could not order from the MDR menu's either.  The next 6 evenings we dined at the MDR tried each one and service and food was excellent.

On the Equinox, we also had aqua class and found Blu to blow away Blu on the Beyond, we had perfect overall dining experience and were given the MDR menu's also to order off of.  For some reason Blu in the Equinox was less noisy and the tables not as close as it was on the Beyond.  

You do not have to dine in Blu, you can go to any of the MDR.

We were on Beyond for a B2B in October. No reservations were needed. If you arrive at a similar time each night you will likely have the same table and waitstaff each evening. It’s not exactly a reservation, but kind of works the same way. Let them know if you plan to eat elsewhere so they don’t hold your table that evening. We found Blu had great service and didn’t notice any loud noises other than one evening an older gentleman was watching something on his phone with the sound turned up. I looked at his wife and signaled to her to turn it down or use headphones. She got the message and took care of the issue. We actually sat near the most nights and he was apologetic.