Infinity dry dock 2024 - sundeck?

I believe they have abandoned plans to revolutionise both the infinity and constellation. I understand the dry docking work will be superficial. - new carpets painting etc 

58 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We are also booked on Infinity later this year and I telephoned to ask what the update would include…Definitely no suite sun deck.

Did they confirm that any sort revolution will not happen...just superficial...eg. carpets, paint...things like that?

18 minutes ago, edgee said:

Did they confirm that any sort revolution will not happen...just superficial...eg. carpets, paint...things like that?

Yes, they did…Some upgrading of furnishings in bard etc. Michael’s Club to be revamped as Retreat Lounge. Ironically I think I would have preferred them to leave Michael’s alone…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Yes, they did…Some upgrading of furnishings in bard etc. Michael’s Club to be revamped as Retreat Lounge. Ironically I think I would have preferred them to leave Michael’s alone…

I think Michael’s Club as is is ten times nicer than the grey and white blah retreat lounge.  

Infinity’s drydock was supposed to have been in January which means it should be complete. Everything here is speculation. We need to hear from someone recently back from Infinity.

2 hours ago, edgee said:

I just listened to a webinar yesterday with the Celebrity president.  When asked about dry docks, she essentially said they're really brainstorming the best ways to update the Solstice class ships to keep them competitive with the Edge class, while keeping the older ships (such as Infinity) looking nice.  Translation:  Solstice class ships have a lot of life left so that's where the efforts will go.  Older ships don't have enough life left in the to warrant major renovations, and instead will just get facelift items like new upholstery, carpet etc.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I watched the Webinar too. I didn't feel she gave any substantive answers to any questions. 

Edited by sasset
grammar

Thanks. I was hoping it would have addressed the newly named Sunset Suites, nee Ultra Deluxe Veranda, nee Family Veranda.

I am just back this friday from the Infinity Best of Greek cruise- I will write a longer review when I have settled back in. All I can say- Infinity - as mentioned above was just leaving dry dock a few weeks ago. Yes- they did a great job to keep the Infy looking nice- very nice indeed.

This was my fourth time on board Infiy- 2007, 2014, 2021 and the last ten days.

All new upholstery- in every lounge - in every bar- new color shemes. New carpets- new paint job outside- no blue hull though. The only place where she shows her age are the public bathrooms and the bathrooms in the cabins. Those in the cabins- even though kept spotless clean,  are really in dire need of renovation. Not likely to happen anytime soon though- if ever - I am not sure how long the will keep Milli- Class in the fleet.