Live From Viking Star -- 18 March 2024 to 01 April 2024 -- Transatlantic FLL/BCN

FetaCheese

1 minute ago, Cyber Kat said:

Oh well!  I saw a bar menu online and it showed they had it.  Perhaps I'll see if I can get it at the airport duty free.

I'll ask at LR Bar and Torshavn.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh no... Bags are out. 

In my opinion, Seas are mild to less than moderate now.  No word yet from captain about evening weather conditions or sea state.

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyber Kat said:

Oh well!  I saw a bar menu online and it showed they had it.  Perhaps I'll see if I can get it at the airport duty free.

If you were looking at the bar menu sample on MVJ, they are years out of date.

10 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

If you were looking at the bar menu sample on MVJ, they are years out of date.

No, I googled it.  I think it was on Cruise Critic actually 😁

3 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Oh no... Bags are out. 

In my opinion, Seas are mild to less than moderate now.  No word yet from captain about evening weather conditions or sea state.

The ginger was out in World Cafe too. I haven't noticed bad seas at all!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hutch1994 said:

Anyone know of  more detailed info on the tapas tour that is being offered as part of the post excursion to Madrid?

We are on the Med Odyssey following your cruise.  We are doing the pre cruise in Madrid with the train to Barcelona.  We will be in the Intercontinental 3/30 and 3/31, but I think that will be before you end in Barcelona as we are boarding on 4/1.

We did this extension once before and it was really great, but I don't have any info on the tapas tour.  I should look and see if they have that for us.

57 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

We are on the Med Odyssey following your cruise.  We are doing the pre cruise in Madrid with the train to Barcelona.  We will be in the Intercontinental 3/30 and 3/31, but I think that will be before you end in Barcelona as we are boarding on 4/1.

We did this extension once before and it was really great, but I don't have any info on the tapas tour.  I should look and see if they have that for us.

Check the follow up message on tv.  The flyer was delivered to our room last night.  Guest relations didn't know anything about it when we checked this morning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hutch1994 said:

Check the follow up message on tv.  The flyer was delivered to our room last night.  Guest relations didn't know anything about it when we checked this morning.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Cyber Kat said:

We’re doing Madrid as a post extension for our May cruise. Any tips from your previous extension? Any suggestions for a flamenco show? Thanks!

11 minutes ago, hutch1994 said:

Had the lobster thermidor and chateau brian tonight and the lobster dish was anything but the thermidor version and the beef was cut into very thin slices.  Not impressed.

It really does vary by ship/chef.  We had lobster tail and chateaubriand on Sea in January and it was incredibly delicious.  I could have eaten that every night.  

1 hour ago, hutch1994 said:

Had the lobster thermidor and chateau brian tonight and the lobster dish was anything but the thermidor version and the beef was cut into very thin slices.  Not impressed.

Same for us.  Never had good luck with the lobster.  Luck of the draw

We had a nice M & M Saturday. Thanks for the hard work setting it up! Good attendance and lots of officers. Damien was there, I asked him about the coffee chats and Captains Q and A. He said that they were told to stop because of the questions that were being asked by the guests. I asked if the questions were related to the IPO and he said yes, that they were questions that onboard staff did not have answers to and the questions were getting increasingly demanding, if that makes sense. Those are my words, not his. He said he did them 2 weeks ago on his prior ship. I asked if he could do the Captains Corner thing and not allow questions but he didn't think so.

I haven't had problems with the seas but I know others have.

I liked the chateaubriand last night. Yes, there were 3 slices but they were rare and it was enough for me. The lyonnaise potatoes were good too. 2 of my table mates had lobster and enjoyed it but I can't speak to that. I loved the dessert. A caramel kind of mousse like thing shaped like a Bundt cake. Yum.

I took a cooking class yesterday, Herbs and Spices. Tomorrow is French and Friday or Saturday is Italian. I did an enjoyable bridge tour last week and doing an engine tour on Wednesday.

The staff, as usual, is phenomenal. I'm constantly surprised at who remembers me from my 33 day on the Star Nov/Dec. Everyone is so kind.

That's my two cents! Off to bed, almost 10:30 here. Watched the show on TV.

Mr and Mrs Feta Cheese, haven't run into you lately!!

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, stretchcruz said:

We had a nice M & M Saturday. Thanks for the hard work setting it up! Good attendance and lots of officers. Damien was there, I asked him about the coffee chats and Captains Q and A. He said that they were told to stop because of the questions that were being asked by the guests. I asked if the questions were related to the IPO and he said yes, that they were questions that onboard staff did not have answers to and the questions were getting increasingly demanding, if that makes sense. Those are my words, not his. He said he did them 2 weeks ago on his prior ship. I asked if he could do the Captains Corner thing and not allow questions but he didn't think so.

I haven't had problems with the seas but I know others have.

I liked the chateaubriand last night. Yes, there were 3 slices but they were rare and it was enough for me. The lyonnaise potatoes were good too. 2 of my table mates had lobster and enjoyed it but I can't speak to that. I loved the dessert. A caramel kind of mousse like thing shaped like a Bundt cake. Yum.

I took a cooking class yesterday, Herbs and Spices. Tomorrow is French and Friday or Saturday is Italian. I did an enjoyable bridge tour last week and doing an engine tour on Wednesday.

The staff, as usual, is phenomenal. I'm constantly surprised at who remembers me from my 33 day on the Star Nov/Dec. Everyone is so kind.

That's my two cents! Off to bed, almost 10:30 here. Watched the show on TV.

Mr and Mrs Feta Cheese, haven't run into you lately!!

@stretchcruz

Thanks for reporting on M&M.  We are still here! Have not been bothered by Sea state. 

Enjoyed dinner last night in WC.  Had NY Sirloin, cooked to my preference, juicy, tender and a nice thick cut.  Was impressed with quality.

The production shows have been terrific.  Vocalists/dancers are so talented, full of energy and friendly.  This is their last cruise.

After show tonight we went to Torshavn and really liked John's repertoire.  Had us all singing Hey Jude and Stairway to Heaven.  Fellow pax seems to also enjoy the evening.

We've been attending the CIA agent's lectures.  Learning a lot.  Then off to dinner in Restaurant.  We both enjoyed our meals, Sea Bass and Mushroom stuffed pork cutlet, lightly breaded and fried.  Continuing to enjoy all dining venues.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Attending daily Trivia in Theatre, 12:15.

Today some T/F

Could not focus on screen, but my handle was a question.

Feta cheese originated in which country?  Obvious answer is correct!

IMG_20240326_122141482.thumb.jpg.2d3f64692f363f59a8374eef6633271c.jpg

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Attending daily Trivia in Theatre, 12:15.

Today some T/F

Could not focus on screen, but my handle was a question.

Feta cheese originated in which country?  Obvious answer is correct!

IMG_20240326_122141482.thumb.jpg.2d3f64692f363f59a8374eef6633271c.jpg

That is absolutely too funny!

Glad you are all having a great time - wish we were there!  Say hi to our friend Dobie onboard when you see her again.  

Kent

34 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

That is absolutely too funny!

Glad you are all having a great time - wish we were there!  Say hi to our friend Dobie onboard when you see her again.  

Kent

Thank you, I'll tell her.  Were you both on Grand Polynesia and Hawaii last Nov.?

Dobbie is following this topic as well.