Live From Viking Star -- 18 March 2024 to 01 April 2024 -- Transatlantic FLL/BCN

FetaCheese

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from FetaCheese! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

FetaCheese was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Flying in to FLL non-stop from Philly tomorrow morning.  Looking forward to being back on Star, and meeting fellow pax. Another pax is organizing a M&M, so will report back when details are known.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Flying in to FLL non-stop from Philly tomorrow morning.  Looking forward to being back on Star, and meeting fellow pax. Another pax is organizing a M&M, so will report back when details are known.

I'm looking forward to it.  I always find your  "Live From" posts very interesting.  Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, stretchcruz said:

I'm in Ft Lauderdale. And my suitcase made it too!!! See you tomorrow...

That's exciting.  We love Fort Lauderdale.  Enjoy your evening.  

It's very nice that there are several CC posters on this cruise.  We did the TA from San Juan to Barcelona last March.  I expected a rocky ride, but every day was beautiful with calm seas and sunny skies.  The pool roof was open most of the time.  We're looking forward to hearing often from you all.  Enjoy!!

Thanks to @FetaCheese for starting the thread.

• Like 2

The local news here in south Florida is reporting on the "spring break" activities now centered on Fort Lauderdale.

Miami Beach chased out the kids (require bars to really check ID, no booze on the beach, 12 midnight curfew) and kept a few in jail for various issues.

So, they went to  Fort Lauderdale where, so far,  everyone is well behaved and enjoying the great weather.

• Like 1

Ready to board today following a frustrating travel day from the U.K. with cancelled flights and long waits in airports. It will be good to relax and meet everyone 

• Like 2

We arrived at FLL yesterday morning with minimal fuss. Airports always stress me out and getting up at 2am after only a couple hours of sleep following a frenetic day of packing and getting the house ready ... Whew! Then a long Uber drive from the airport to the Westin and we were exhausted! Our room wasn't ready so we went and had brunch in the restaurant there ... St Patrick's day plus mariachi band made for a fun but less than relaxing meal.  

We were able to arrange for Viking to pick up our bags and transport us to the ship - one less thing to stress over! The lovely Christine who set things up for us has set the bar for Viking staff. If the rest are even half as gracious and helpful as she has been, we will be spoiled rotten! 

We're currently relaxing in our room until check out time. We can hardly wait to get going! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

45 min prior to Uber pickup, received msg from AA of 2 hour flight delay, 1 pm departure.  Called V emergency #, they will notify transfer rep and ship.  As long as arrival prior to 4pm,   we should make ship.

Then received more flight updates, departing 4 pm.  Called V emergency # again, and flight has reverted back to 1 pm departure.

Waiting at gate, with seatmates, also V pax, on same flight.

Before folks say I should have gone in a day early, yes, I know I should have paid Air Plus fee to deviate.

Edited by FetaCheese
Clarity
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FetaCheese said:

45 min prior to Uber pickup, received msg from AA of 2 hour flight delay.    Called V emergency #, they will notify transfer rep and ship.  As long as arrival prior to 4pm,   we should make ship.

Then received more flight updates, departing 4 pm.  Called V emergency # again, and flight as reverted back to 1 pm departure.

Before folks say I should have gone in a day early, yes, I know I should have paid Air Plus fee to deviate.

Best of luck @FetaCheese.  We're looking forward to your next update.  It sounds like V is taking good care of you.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

I'm in the World Cafe. Cobb salad and chicken. Signed up for cooking classes and bridge and laundry tours.

Just curious…what cooking classes are offered on your cruise? Loved the Bridge and Laundry tours. 

6 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

45 min prior to Uber pickup, received msg from AA of 2 hour flight delay, 1 pm departure.  Called V emergency #, they will notify transfer rep and ship.  As long as arrival prior to 4pm,   we should make ship.

Then received more flight updates, departing 4 pm.  Called V emergency # again, and flight has reverted back to 1 pm departure.

I hope you were away on time and that they held the ship for you.  Let us know how it went.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the live trip report.

Feta. I hope you and other Viking cruisers Mae it to the ship today.! 🤞 

Edited by Azulann
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LissaKay said:

They just announced that the sail away is being delayed some to wait on the delayed passengers. It's 6 right now,  and we're still here. Breathe! 

Thanks for letting us know!  That's good news.  Is tomorrow a sea day?

1 minute ago, millybess said:

Thanks for letting us know!  That's good news.  Is tomorrow a sea day?

It is. We have two days before we get to Sint Maarten on the 21st. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

I'm in the World Cafe. Cobb salad and chicken. Signed up for cooking classes and bridge and laundry tours.

Way to go Dobie!  You know the drill!  Enjoy Enjoy!!!