Boston Hotels

Turk1

Thanks i may just stay at comfort inn and suites as it has the best reviews and no complaints about the shuttle. My flight comes in at 10:30 so want to make sure it doesn't take too long. Looks like uber will cost 7-10 to revere beach station and i'm ok with that. I'm assuming uber would take suitcases when taking passengers from airport hotels.

4 hours ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks i may just stay at comfort inn and suites as it has the best reviews and no complaints about the shuttle. My flight comes in at 10:30 so want to make sure it doesn't take too long. Looks like uber will cost 7-10 to revere beach station and i'm ok with that. I'm assuming uber would take suitcases when taking passengers from airport hotels.

Uber takes suitcases

Ubers come in all sizes (and price ranges), from little compacts that might struggle with multiple suitcases from multiple passengers, to massive super-SUVs that can carry even my wife's suitcases ;o) You shouldn't have any issues if you only have one or two bags

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got two hotels in mind with pretty much the same pricing. This is for mid July.  One is in Back Bay ( Hilton Park Plaza) and the other is downtown area ( Hyatt Centric Faneuil). What would be the recommendation for first timers to Boston? We are active, plan to walk the area for a few days . Heritage sites are interesting, for sure, but we also like to be embedded in the local flavour and don’t want to plan everything out too much - like the idea of  spontaneous activities.  On a map the downtown area looks close to the waterfront areas as well, which is always a great walk. Any opinions? Thanks ! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, son3cruisers said:

Thanks. Any reasons why? The hotel looks to be a bit nicer

I don't know anything about the hotels. I just know that's the area I would pick if I were staying for a few days.

On 6/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, son3cruisers said:

One is in Back Bay ( Hilton Park Plaza) and the other is downtown area ( Hyatt Centric Faneuil). What would be the recommendation for first timers to Boston?

The Park Plaza Hotel was taken over by Hilton in the past few years (which I assume did some upgrades). Traditionally it was a very old hotel that, while lacking in higher end amenities, made up for it being extremely well located (across from the far more expensive Four Seasons and one block from the Public Garden and Boston Common). If Hilton put some upgrades in then would be my preferred location wise out of these two. It's not really in Back Bay-- sort of a transition area between Downtown, Chinatown, Copley Sq, and Beacon Hill-- which is a positive for getting around town especially on foot. 

Hyatt Centric has easy access to the waterfront but Faneuil Hall for me is always sort of the "Times Square" of Boston. Very touristy and not much local flavor. 

We are active, plan to walk the area for a few days . Heritage sites are interesting, for sure, but we also like to be embedded in the local flavour and don’t want to plan everything out too much - like the idea of  spontaneous activities.

This would be another reason that the Hilton is better located-- you can quickly get to multiple neighborhoods on foot. 

On a map the downtown area looks close to the waterfront areas as well, which is always a great walk.

Everything in Boston is easily walkable and I would recommend that be your plan. Things by the waterfront and Faneuil Hall are more touristy, government buildings, and financial district. Back Bay/Copley/Beacon Hill tend to be more local Bostonians and have a more neighborhood feel. 

14 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

The Park Plaza Hotel was taken over by Hilton in the past few years (which I assume did some upgrades). Traditionally it was a very old hotel that, while lacking in higher end amenities, made up for it being extremely well located (across from the far more expensive Four Seasons and one block from the Public Garden and Boston Common). If Hilton put some upgrades in then would be my preferred location wise out of these two. It's not really in Back Bay-- sort of a transition area between Downtown, Chinatown, Copley Sq, and Beacon Hill-- which is a positive for getting around town especially on foot. 

Hyatt Centric has easy access to the waterfront but Faneuil Hall for me is always sort of the "Times Square" of Boston. Very touristy and not much local flavor. 

This would be another reason that the Hilton is better located-- you can quickly get to multiple neighborhoods on foot. 

Everything in Boston is easily walkable and I would recommend that be your plan. Things by the waterfront and Faneuil Hall are more touristy, government buildings, and financial district. Back Bay/Copley/Beacon Hill tend to be more local Bostonians and have a more neighborhood feel. 

Great! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, son3cruisers said:

Great! Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. 

I would just do your due diligence on the Hilton a bit to make sure they invested in it-- it was always traditionally a budget hotel that was worn around the edges but made up for some of it in location. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Are there any nice Marriott hotels for one night before a cruise do they offer a shuttle from the airport??

No downtown hotels have airport shuttles. Uber/Lyft are super easy and quick. 

The top Marriott hotels in Boston are the Ritz-Carlton and The Liberty Hotel. Both are on the expensive side but can be booked with Bonvoy points. Ritz is on Boston Public Garden and the Liberty Hotel has a neat location in Beacon Hill and was the former Charles Street Jail. 

The Marriott Long Wharf has a great location on the water but can be VERY overpriced for what it is-- it can be nearly as expensive as the Ritz and not even close to as nice. Then you have the Marriott and Westin in Copley which are both big convention hotels but well located and you can get decent rates. Also the W on the edge of Chinatown which is walkable to most things but not my favorite location. 

The Westin in Seaport is a big modern convention hotel-- not a great location for touring. Then you have a bunch of Courtyards and Residence Inns scattered around town. 

14 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Are any of the hotels connected to the airport nice?

If you are trying to see Boston, staying at the airport isn't a great spot to do it. Plus there aren't any great Marriott options at the airport-- mostly Hiltons. 

2 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

No downtown hotels have airport shuttles. Uber/Lyft are super easy and quick. 

The top Marriott hotels in Boston are the Ritz-Carlton and The Liberty Hotel. Both are on the expensive side but can be booked with Bonvoy points. Ritz is on Boston Public Garden and the Liberty Hotel has a neat location in Beacon Hill and was the former Charles Street Jail. 

The Marriott Long Wharf has a great location on the water but can be VERY overpriced for what it is-- it can be nearly as expensive as the Ritz and not even close to as nice. Then you have the Marriott and Westin in Copley which are both big convention hotels but well located and you can get decent rates. Also the W on the edge of Chinatown which is walkable to most things but not my favorite location. 

The Westin in Seaport is a big modern convention hotel-- not a great location for touring. Then you have a bunch of Courtyards and Residence Inns scattered around town. 

If you are trying to see Boston, staying at the airport isn't a great spot to do it. Plus there aren't any great Marriott options at the airport-- mostly Hiltons. 

Thanks no touring been in Boston many times. Just looking for a nice hotel before a cruise flying in 

The Westin Seaport is the closest Bonvoy property to the cruise ship pier.  Quick cab or uber ride, or accessible via public transit from Logan.  20 minute walk to the pier, or a cheaper cab or uber

I’m wondering what people think of location of onyx boston? I like its 5 minutes from freedom trail and price seems more reasonable then some.

I used to live right around the corner. It's a decent location-- walkable to a lot like the Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall, etc. You're sort of sandwiched between Beacon Hill and the North End. Its mainly occupied by a stadium and Massachusetts General Hospital. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2024 at 5:22 AM, princeton123211 said:

I used to live right around the corner. It's a decent location-- walkable to a lot like the Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall, etc. You're sort of sandwiched between Beacon Hill and the North End. Its mainly occupied by a stadium and Massachusetts General Hospital. 

Thanks again for your help with choosing a hotel.

We ended up staying at the Hyatt Centric Faneuil. Clean and upgraded and met our needs. 

For our first time in Boston, it was great for us. We walked everywhere- the waterfront, the parks, the North end ( Mikes pastry was amazing as was the pizza!) . We also walked to Back Bay for some site seeing. Faneuil Hall was right by the hotel  ( so busy) but I would absolutely recommend this hotel for those of you looking to see the sites of Boston. It was a short Uber ride from the port. The hop on hop off trolly ( we discovered day two ) was also a great way to see the sites. We found the best price for this hotel on ( the big box store that begins with C) travel of all places . Most hotels were $500+US dollars for the weekend we were there. 

• Like 1

2 senior ladies with canes, thinking of flying into Boston Friday August 29, 2025 around 10am for 1 night.  

Any suggestions for a hotel near the trolley or HOHO?

24 minutes ago, phabric said:

2 senior ladies with canes, thinking of flying into Boston Friday August 29, 2025 around 10am for 1 night.  

Any suggestions for a hotel near the trolley or HOHO?

Budget?

Any thoughts of what you'd like to be near and see?

One bed or two?

4 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Budget?

Any thoughts of what you'd like to be near and see?

One bed or two?

A budget of $200-300

2 beds

Never been to Boston before, we like taking HoHo bus to see places.

Airport,?

Near port?

Just now, phabric said:

A budget of $200-300

2 beds

Never been to Boston before, we like taking HoHo bus to see places.

Airport,?

Near port?

It's too early to see prices for next year, but we can come up with some ideas.

Take a look at a map to see what you want to be near.  I don't think you want to be near the airport since you have 24 hours or so to see the city, and the HOHO doesn't go to the airport.  The cruise port is on another edge of the city, the Seaport District.  There are a few hotels near the port, but again, that's not near the touristy areas of the city.

If you could take 10 minutes to figure out what YOU want to see in Boston, and come up with a few neighborhoods, we can help suggest nearby properties that might work.  $300 shouldn't be hard, $200 probably won't work that time of year.