AMEX $200 off $1000

davencl

Just noticed my AMEX blue cash card has a new offer from Oceania.  $200 off $1000.  May be worth checking your card.  Note my AMEX Delta card has no offer which is typically the case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, davencl said:

Just noticed my AMEX blue cash card has a new offer from Oceania.  $200 off $1000.  May be worth checking your card.  Note my AMEX Delta card has no offer which is typically the case.

Was just added to our AMEX card also.  I guess we will be applying a $1000 payment to an existing booked cruise. 

Don’t start the “party “ yet, sometimes these offers are not “combineable” at least that is what has happened to us.  It makes a difference what offers and discounts you may already have on your booking, at least that is what we were told. 
Mauibabes

We never get the O offer on our AMEX Platinum after the first one 7-8 years ago!  Lots of offers for other cruise lines, we don't sail.  But today there is an offer for 20,000 AMEX points for $1000.00 + O payment.

3 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Don’t start the “party “ yet, sometimes these offers are not “combineable” at least that is what has happened to us.  It makes a difference what offers and discounts you may already have on your booking, at least that is what we were told. 
Mauibabes

This has nothing to do with your O booking but with the AMEX account - make a payment of $1000.00+ to Oceania using your AMEX card and you receive a $200.00 credit on your AMEX statement.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Mauibabes

But there is nothing to combine the offer with.  You or your TA just charge 1K to Oceania and the credit appears on your AMEX statement.  The offer doesn't have anything to do with any other offers you have and as far as Oceania goes they know absolutely nothing about it. 

Basor was a bit quicker than me with his response.

Edited by Wheelhouse
I am slow
  • Like 2

I sail next week and the promo popped up for me a couple of days ago, so I added $1000 SBC to my upcoming sailing. Anything unused is refundable and can be refunded like any other onboard balance. Just don't refund it back to the same Amex card and bring the total spent below $1000. It's an easy way to get $200 back, even if you're past your payment date.

• Like 5

Guess I just ran into the “Wrong” answer when we tried to book with the Amex card because O said it was not “Combineable “. Like your answers better tho. I had some other Amenity benefits with the booking and it came down to taking one or the other, and “The Other” was worth more. 
Thanks for your prompt replies, you are “ON IT”. 
Mauibabes

19 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Guess I just ran into the “Wrong” answer when we tried to book with the Amex card because O said it was not “Combineable “. Like your answers better tho. I had some other Amenity benefits with the booking and it came down to taking one or the other, and “The Other” was worth more. 
Thanks for your prompt replies, you are “ON IT”. 
Mauibabes

I believe you are talking about the AMEX cruise privilege program that provides certain perks (OBC, wine tasting, bottle of wine) when you pay for your cruise with your AMEX card.  This is different as it a perk provided by O and that program is some times not combinable with other O offers.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, basor said:

We never get the O offer on our AMEX Platinum after the first one 7-8 years ago!  Lots of offers for other cruise lines, we don't sail.  But today there is an offer for 20,000 AMEX points for $1000.00 + O payment.

Basor, I stand corrected. The offer on the Platinum Card, is what you’ve stated.

2 hours ago, basor said:

I believe you are talking about the AMEX cruise privilege program that provides certain perks (OBC, wine tasting, bottle of wine) when you pay for your cruise with your AMEX card.  This is different as it a perk provided by O and that program is some times not combinable with other O offers.

Just to note....all of those offers on your Amex account are funded by the merchants, NOT by Amex.  So it could very easily be that you cannot combine various discounts and rebates.

And before someone talks about getting MR points vs cash, the vendor is buying those points from Amex and giving them to the customer.

5 hours ago, mauibabes said:

Mauibabes

Good point.

Just did a “book onboard.” The chosen cruise was on the O Club “10% off” list. Got that discount AND the “book onboard” low price match guarantee plus bonus SBC on the new cruise. BUT, there was no 5% book onboard fare discount added to the O Club 10% deal. 
O’s mantra (“No Double Dipping”) strikes again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Condocat said:

Did anyone get this offer on the AMEX Hilton card?

It's pretty rare for this type of offer to be on another travel card. I occasionally get Marriott offers on my Delta Amex. Most travel offers I get on my Amex Everyday. I don't have a Platinum or Everday with an annual fee. I have Hilton, Delta, Everyday, and Marriott that are Amex cards. I frequently get money back on things I would be buying anyway. I just keep track of what the offers are for the cards that I have. Best advice I can give is if you see something that you think you might use go ahead and add it to your card, as it might disappear. 

3 hours ago, Vallesan said:

Unfortunately in the UK we haven’t had any of these offers! I just checked our gold and BA Blue. Never mind!

Oddly enough I just checked my offers and on my Hilton and my Everyday card I have an offer for British Airways, spend $1200 get $180 back. I usually don't see offers like this on my Hilton card. It wasn't on my Delta card though. LOL

• 3 weeks later...