Reflection vs Silhouette?

j3000

We sailed on Silhouette last April (2023) and heading out on Reflection this April.

Will we notice any/ much differences in the 2 ships?🚢

Reflection’s Sky Lounge was cut in half and ceiling lowered to make room for suites on the forward port side.  Reflection’s pool deck was raised so it’s on the same deck as the Oceanview Cafe.  Reflection redid the Sunset Bar with a tiered seating area…moved the bar from against a wall to a free standing oval one with low stools (that light up in different colors at night)…and moved the stairway from the bar down to the OVC to behind a seating area.  IMHO that frees up more space for ocean gazing.  Reflection also has more cabins than Silhouette and the MDR often had longer waits at dinner in Select (without reservations.)

We have found the Reflection as feeling more crowded.  It was especially noticeable in Blu.  Longer waits for service to such a degree that we walked out twice.  As mentioned, the reduction in the size of the Sky Lounge was disappointing.  

As previous posters have stated, Reflection carries more passengers without a corresponding increase in public space.  Silhouette also received an extended dry dock for its "Revolution" makeover which Reflection has yet to receive.

Was on Reflection last week. Silhouette is similar but far superior due to the renovation. Reflection is shabby in places (cabins, outdoor furniture, carpet) where Silhouette feels fresher. Food on Reflection was fantastic compared to our last few X cruises. 

6 hours ago, keesar said:

We have found the Reflection as feeling more crowded.  It was especially noticeable in Blu.  Longer waits for service to such a degree that we walked out twice.  As mentioned, the reduction in the size of the Sky Lounge was disappointing.  

I was recently on Reflection and also thought it felt crowded with the added cabins. The reduction in size of the Sky Lounge was very disappointing as that's my favorite place to hang out on S and M class ships.

I would always prefer a cruise on Silhouette.

The Both ships have a semi enclosed top deck specialty dining restaurant called The Lawn Club Grill (instead of the Hot Glass thing on the other S class ships)  that has become my Favorite extra cost dining choice. Every time I have dined there I have been impressed.

We found the same Lawn Club Grill on Beyond but on that ship the open area faces  Forward and when the ship is Moving the wind is a problem. On Silhouette and Reflection, the LCG faces Aft and is less windy while underway.

10 hours ago, kruzerci said:

Was on Reflection last week. Silhouette is similar but far superior due to the renovation. Reflection is shabby in places (cabins, outdoor furniture, carpet) where Silhouette feels fresher. Food on Reflection was fantastic compared to our last few X cruises. 

I was also on this sailing. I agree, my stateroom was really showing the wear. Broken shower door, one broken drawer, rips in balcony curtain and hooks missing up top, and the vinyl was peeling off the sofa back. Didn't affect my enjoyment, however! Staterooms really need the E-upgrade. I was definitely looking with a critical eye, I was on Ascent in December.

I will also say I didn't like the new layout of the sunset bar out back.

Service and food was great.

We love both. We were on Reflection 4 times within 16 months (2022-2023) and were on Silhouette twice a couple of months ago and going again in June. Since they were both recent, I would say that we liked Reflection better even though Silhouette has had a full renovation. We still love Silhouette, but like Reflection more. It could be because we know a lot more crew members on Reflection.