Live From: Bliss 5 Day Coastal Mar 31-Apr 5 with Hollywood Pre Cruise

Lyft from Hollywood to San Pedro was $60 and took about 40 minutes door to door. The highway was slow moving and the rain made for a hair raising trip, but we made it in one piece.

The front desk clerk recognized DS from previous trips and made a fuss of him. It’s the little things that keep us coming back. They had a room available so we were able to check in immediately and currently chilling and enjoying the coffee maker!

Shuttle to the port is $5.50 per person and runs every half hour beginning at 9am. We are still planning on walking so hopefully it’s not torrential rain!

Some room pics

IMG_2262.jpeg

IMG_2263.jpeg

IMG_2264.jpeg

IMG_2265.jpeg

IMG_2266.jpeg

IMG_2267.jpeg

IMG_2268.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2270.jpeg

IMG_2271.jpeg

• Like 12

These past 5 days have reminded me why I choose to cruise rather than do land vacations. The entire time has been “what should we eat for lunch?” “where should we go for dinner?” “Oh. It’s 3pm and forgot to have lunch. But it’s too early for dinner.” I really like not having to think about this kind of thing on a ship!  Today was a prime example. We got to the hotel around 11:30am and just chilled. DS wasn’t hungry at lunchtime but then around 2pm decided he was ready to eat. Uhhh. No. I wanted to go to San Pedro brewing and knew that if he ate at 2pm there was no way he would want to eat dinner (or at least not a dinner I’m paying for). Instead we compromised and went for linner at 3pm.

San Pedro Brewing is as great as ever. Each time I get something different - and this is tough because each time I enjoy what I got and want to get it again! They had a fish taco special today and I love fish tacos but I also wanted to to try the tri tip sandwich… so I opted for the sandwich. DS went for the southwestern Mac n cheese. For beers I tried the blonde and the Hefeweizen. Nothing disappointing to report!

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hotel bar has a happy hour from 4pm to 6pm. Don’t mind if I do…

IMG_2282.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2281.jpeg

If you havent found it yet...walk toward San Pedro Brewing Company.  When you get to S. Centre Street, go across and then go to the left.  about Halfway down, is a tiny little dive of a restaurant called Happy Diner.  We were there at 7 am when they opened.  and it was a steady flow of take out orders.  They do have limited seating for dining in.  this is definitely a place that the locals go. very reasonably priced.  I think we ate for $20 for the 2 of us.  they have a website, and they have a menu online.  Check it out. We like looking for the place the locals eat at...this is it

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I made it!!

Let's get a good night's sleep and then get this cruise started!!!

Btw, I need a rest after everything you've done so far!! 

Hugs from Texas

Edited by princess76021
Additional info
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

If you havent found it yet...walk toward San Pedro Brewing Company.  When you get to S. Centre Street, go across and then go to the left.  about Halfway down, is a tiny little dive of a restaurant called Happy Diner.  We were there at 7 am when they opened.  and it was a steady flow of take out orders.  They do have limited seating for dining in.  this is definitely a place that the locals go. very reasonably priced.  I think we ate for $20 for the 2 of us.  they have a website, and they have a menu online.  Check it out. We like looking for the place the locals eat at...this is it

For clarity...these directions are if you are staying at the Crowne Plaza

44 minutes ago, MrsTocko said:

Yes! We have done Happy Diner on previous visits! This time it was San Pedro Brewing and no time for anything else!

Here’s an aside… when we came in to Hollywood, across the street from our hotel was a really cool looking building called The Magic Castle. I assumed it was a hotel and decided to research it. Turns out that it’s a nightclub for magicians! DS informed me that this place was in the Ricky, Nicky, Dicky and Dawn show, 

IMG_2257.jpeg

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, chill6x6 said:

Hi!

Question if I may....How did you like the Crowne Plaza this time?

We love the Crowne Plaza for one night pre cruise. It ticks all the boxes. I would not stay more than one night - just not enough in the area to warrant it! I also would never pay the “rack rate” currently- last I checked it was $350 a night. Nope. I always use trivago and wait for a deal - this trip we paid $220 for one night. I would not go higher than $250 for this hotel - at that price I would rather stay in long beach or double tree!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yes! We have done Happy Diner on previous visits! This time it was San Pedro Brewing and no time for anything else!

we did it for breakfast before we drove back home

• Like 1

It’s cruise day! I was woken at 2am by texts from my teen who flies home from Europe today. Ten minutes before boarding her first flight she gets notified that her connecting flight has been cancelled. But no worries, she has been rebooked on another leaving tomorrow!!! Meaning that an unaccompanied 16 year old has to stay overnight in Amsterdam. Uh no. I don’t think so! Needless to say she was freaking out.Hopefully she can get something resolved 

• Like 13

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Here’s an aside… when we came in to Hollywood, across the street from our hotel was a really cool looking building called The Magic Castle. I assumed it was a hotel and decided to research it. Turns out that it’s a nightclub for magicians! DS informed me that this place was in the Ricky, Nicky, Dicky and Dawn show, 

IMG_2257.jpeg

As an aside to your aside, on the latest episode of Master Chef Junior, one of those Gordon Ramsey shows, the kid chefs had to work in teams to prepare meals for a group of magicians at the Magic Castle!

• Like 5

Cruise day and I’ve been up pretty much the whole night. No joy in getting my teen rebooked on a flight today. She is officially stuck in Amsterdam until tomorrow afternoon. They gave her a hotel voucher but she can’t check in as she’s under 18, and I’m not really up for having her navigate Amsterdam alone. So, she is stuck at the airport. At least she had wifi! I’m freaking out a little in case they end up cancelling tomorrow as well…I’ll be on a ship and of little use to her if they do! 

Anyways, I’m up, packed, and enjoying my keurig coffee. Happy to report that there were no shower olympics today - water was perfect temperature and stayed that way. Thinking of heading out around 9:00ish and walking to the port. Not raining right now!

I have an unopened bottle of soda - I can’t remember if NCL allows us to take that on or if I should ditch it beforehand?

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Cruise day and I’ve been up pretty much the whole night. No joy in getting my teen rebooked on a flight today. She is officially stuck in Amsterdam until tomorrow afternoon. They gave her a hotel voucher but she can’t check in as she’s under 18, and I’m not really up for having her navigate Amsterdam alone. So, she is stuck at the airport. At least she had wifi! I’m freaking out a little in case they end up cancelling tomorrow as well…I’ll be on a ship and of little use to her if they do! 

Anyways, I’m up, packed, and enjoying my keurig coffee. Happy to report that there were no shower olympics today - water was perfect temperature and stayed that way. Thinking of heading out around 9:00ish and walking to the port. Not raining right now!

I have an unopened bottle of soda - I can’t remember if NCL allows us to take that on or if I should ditch it beforehand?

I’m sorry. Like you I was hoping for better news on your daughter’s flight. Fingers crossed she gets her flight tomorrow! I don’t  think you can bring the soda.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Hitting the oh crap button for you.

praying for a quick resolve so you can enjoy your cruise

Hugs from Texas

• Like 2

The walk from the hotel to the port took 11 minutes (with a picture stop). Check in isn’t open yet so they have us lined up in the tent to wait. After this we will go inside through security, check in, and wait some more!

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2306.jpeg

IMG_2307.jpeg

• Like 11