Live From: Bliss 5 Day Coastal Mar 31-Apr 5 with Hollywood Pre Cruise

1 hour ago, shuang6 said:

Can you check how much is the premium thermal suite pass on board?  Just curious how much more expensive compared to pre-cruise price….

$229 for five days

19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

$229 for five days

Thank you for checking!  I really appreciate it!  Have a wonderful cruise!  Looking forward to read all about it!!! 😊 

42 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

Have you heard from your daughter in the last few hours?  How is she doing?

She is making the most of it an overnighting at the airport since she was left with no other choice. Not able to check in at hotel and not able to leave airport as an unaccompanied minor. The whole thing was handled very badly! She will be ok as long as the flight tomorrow doesn’t get cancelled too!

• Like 13

28 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

She is making the most of it an overnighting at the airport since she was left with no other choice. Not able to check in at hotel and not able to leave airport as an unaccompanied minor. The whole thing was handled very badly! She will be ok as long as the flight tomorrow doesn’t get cancelled too!

I cannot imagine how stressful this must be. I am thinking of your family and hope she makes it safely tomorrow ❤️

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

My teen was disappointed that it hadn’t started yet! She just got off Sun Princess.

I saw some invitation only events last week and some mentioned hoping it would be open this week. Still haven’t seen an answer if there is a discounted price for teens since it includes the alcohol. Will be interesting to read about but I know we won’t be going on our cruise next year. Other things I'd rather spend my $149 per person on. But love others having the option!

• Like 1

Sailaway was a lot of fun! Cruise director is Dan Dan and we’ve sailed with him many times so I’m for a good one! We didn’t win a tshirt but DS did dance with me so I’m calling it a win!

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

IMG_2382.jpeg

IMG_2392.jpeg

IMG_2390.jpeg

IMG_2389.jpeg

IMG_2394.jpeg

IMG_2393.jpeg

IMG_2386.jpeg

IMG_2385.jpeg

• Like 9

After sailaway we went back to the room. Our bags arrived and we met Stewart (whose name I already forgot). We have a female Stewart, which is a first for us! She seems lovely - we had left her a note to split the beds, told her we really didn’t need any kind of service other than clean towels, and left her some Easter chocolates.

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2396.jpeg

IMG_2397.jpeg

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

• Like 8

Cavern Club outdoor seating for pre dinner drinks. We have a tradition where DS and DD take turns in deciding what drink I should get. DS is in his own this time and decided I needed a Botanical Spritz. Not something I would have ever ordered but actually really good!

IMG_2409.jpeg

• Like 12

Dinner was Food Republic. We used two dining credits, so 8 items. Seven of them were outstanding. One was inedible - the tuna pizza had so much salt you just couldn’t take more than one bite!

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2421.jpeg

IMG_2422.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

IMG_2424.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2428.jpeg

• Like 7

Checked out the 7pm family friendly comedy show. I didn’t find it remotely funny but DS was dying laughing. I guess it was 12 year old boy humour? Comedy line up.

IMG_2429.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Went to Deal or No Deal. It was pretty empty and zero energy or excitement. This is what has replaced a production show? We did buy some cards and won a couple of scratch cards but to claim them you have to go to Bingo. Is like the whole “first one is free” except nothing is free on here! Ha ha!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Following with interest just to get the cruise vibe going, as I’ll be getting on after you get off!  I’m wondering if my cruise (Seattle/AK roundtrip) will be as filled with children, as Spring Break is over for most, and it’s a bit longer cruise.  Also I’m wondering if anywhere will offer a Painkiller…it was a special on the Broadway cruise I did last year on Gem, but I’m not sure if it was specific to that cruise.  But anything with fruit & rum and I’ll be happy. 

BTW Magic Castle is members only and is (or used to be) verrrry exclusive.  I remember my parents getting an invite from a member in the 70s, and one dressed up for it (of course this was the era when one dragged out one’s fur & gown to go to Las Vegas). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really enjoying your review. I was expecting some kind of horror story in Hollywood but sounds like it was ok. Great for both of you. 

The VIP tour sure sounds like the way to go for sure. I think it sounded like it was worth the pricey sticker. 

I am hoping your daughter gets on a plane today as so far it seems like she’s handling it like a trooper but two nights in an airport would send her over the edge. 

Have a fantastic time. 

Edited by #55worktoplay
  • Like 2

Oh, we have the return of Stewart! How I've missed them. 🙂 

So, a question if you'd be so kind as to answer (or tell me to fluff off) - what does your boy think of you taking photos and posting random musings on some 1990's era discussion forum? Is he of the same mind as my husband? That you're nuts? Is he cool with it? Curious? Etc...just wondering what he's said to you about your Cruise Critic posts and all us kewl cat followers! 

• Like 4

Another early start so I could be up to check in DD - happy to report she is on the plane and making her way to Vancouver. It’s a direct flight so we should be ok. I can relax into cruise mode now!

I hit a wall around 10pm last night - not surprising since I hadn’t slept the night before. I managed to watch about 10 minutes of Siglo in Through the Decades but could barely keep my eyes open. When I’m too tired for 80s music, you know it’s time to call it a night. 

we came back to the room and DS watched a movie while I crashed! Our room is all the way forward on deck 11. It’s very quiet and cosy. I don’t live the bunk on the wall but haven’t banged my head yet. I’m not sure I’ve ever been in a room with only one bunk. One thing about being far to the front is the movement- we are rocking and rolling. I love it!

Today we hit San Francisco around 2:30pm. I have no plans to get off the ship but DS mentioned walking down to see the sea lions (he loves those silly creatures). We will see how the weather is but I’m actually looking forward to enjoying an empty ship.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Oh, we have the return of Stewart! How I've missed them. 🙂 

So, a question if you'd be so kind as to answer (or tell me to fluff off) - what does your boy think of you taking photos and posting random musings on some 1990's era discussion forum? Is he of the same mind as my husband? That you're nuts? Is he cool with it? Curious? Etc...just wondering what he's said to you about your Cruise Critic posts and all us kewl cat followers! 

Ha ha! DS is clueless - he is still innnocent and at the age where he not only doesn’t care about such things but it likely doesn’t even register as to why I’m taking pics or what I’m doing with them. DD, on the other hand, refuses to pose for me and is mortified if I put her up on social media. My fave thing is to tag her on insta - that’s the ultimate mom sin!!! I was so sad when she got to the age where the opinions of others mattered to her. She was so fun and loved to dance the sailaway dances and sung karaoke - now she would rather jump overboard than do that and just watches from a distance. Happy to report that DS and I danced our little legs off yesterday. I figure I have at least one more year with him! 🤣

• Like 14
  • Haha 3

Headed down to Savour for breakfast at 9am. The hostess was actively deterring folks, saying it was a 30-40 minute wait and suggesting the buffet. This ain’t my first rodeo. As scores of disappointed novices retreated in defeat, I hustled on up to the front, smiled sweetly, and said “no problem. I’m in no rush”. I was handed a pager and made my way to Starbucks for my morning fix. I didn’t even make it as far as getting in line at Starbucks before the pager started going off. So that 30-40 minute wait was actually less than 5 minutes!!! You’re welcome!

IMG_2445.jpeg

IMG_2446.jpeg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Tell me more?

I am definitely ordering one of these when I'm onboard in October!!

It was delicious!

DS suggests drinks that are not ones I would ordinarily order - and he never steers me wrong! This one had sparkling wine, peach juice, berries, and I think lemon? 

• Like 5